What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will NU win the Big 12?

Will NU win the Big 12?

• yes

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • No, They will continue to be stuck in the 90's

Votes: 75 85.2%

• Total voters
Wow, that was out of the blue. The only thing I was getting on CU's **** about was the "there is other stuff to do here" argument. As far as the rest or your points goes, I dont know what to say.

I used '****' to dress the post up for you and put you in a good mood while writing it.:thumbsup:

And our stadium will be much fuller when we get back to big seasons year in and year out, and will convert even more of the new bandwaggon fans into regular season ticket holding fans. I think it is a 'chicken and egg' type of thing. In this case, we have to win 8+ games a year to get more season ticket holders in the stadium. Would like the fans to be there first, but Boulder seems to be rather ambivilent to most sports, and the frothing fanatical fans that NU seems to have are taken up by Broncos fans in Colorado. Well, except for the guys here on ABs!

Last edited:
You know that I was born and raised in Nebraska right? Whether that is a "good enough" reason to be fan is apparently up for debate here. But I didnt just choose to root for NU cuz I didnt like CU.

Well then. All is forgiven. Except the poop links.:smile2:

First you Buffs throw in Kansas, then SC! I am not talking about those teams. I am talking NU/CU! But understand why you might want to vicariously live through both of those teams. Kansas beat you last year, and who wouldn't want to be SC right now?? Let's try to keep this at NU versus CU! Granted at this point, there isn't much to argue when it comes to NU and CU! Man I can't wait for the next month to go by, football season is right around the corner.
I went to the Big 12 Championship game last year and all I heard at halftime in the concourses was "Boomer" and then another group would yell "Sooner" and then both would yell "Nebraska sucks", I heard this over and over about 2 dozen times. Once I heard one guy scream "Big Red", but nobody responded to him and that was it. All of the Nebraska fans were walking around like dogs with their tales between their legs. Wake up, the biggest thing you guys can win is the Big 12 North. Big ****ing deal!
View attachment 1744

So you jumped from the '****ing annoying frying pan' into the '****ing annoying fire'?? Let's see, you are tired of hearing the home state people talk about the home state team, so you pick-----a team that has a long history of winning!! Coincidence? usually bandwaggon fans pick winning teams so they can feel good and live vicariously through some other thing that will have enough success to make their pitiful life seem worth living. now I am not saying that is you, but....maybe it is you.:wink2:

When I see someone who lives, say , in Iowa, and become a fan of the team because they are near, then I respect that. When someone looks outside of a local team to become a fan of a winning team from a place they never went to, from a place they never lived in----then to me that shows a weak backbone and a total lack of character.

Hanging out here with Sacky and DBT has made me rather opinionated, wuldn't you say?:smile2:

Now CSUH? HE went to CSU and is a CSU fan, but needed to have a team that has some success long term, so he could not pick a in-state rival ( not long term success like NU has had, but has a similar record over CSU like Nu has over CU) so he picked CU's rival, as a way of doubly disliking CU. I can respect that.:smile2:

Main point. Like who you like, and don't worry what I or any other fan thinks about it or you. Life is too short to take things like which college team you follow too seriously. The biggest retarded thing out there is people who hate someone because they follow another pro team, or college team, or went to a cross town high school. It is a small world, and if people could learn to have fun with their choosen team, and then realize that it is not a personal affront on their personal worth if their team loses, then the world would be a much better place.

OK, I am done with the soapbox. Next?:lol:

Well considering that I have watched the Huskers since I was 13 and I'm now 27 I wouldn't call myself a bandwagon fan homo. I also think that someone who decides to like a team outside of the box (since I chose to like the Huskers instead of Iowa or Iowa State) shows that I'm different than the rest of the ****ing state. I wouldn't expect much though from someone who has two different schools as their name?

Well considering that I have watched the Huskers since I was 13 and I'm now 27 I wouldn't call myself a bandwagon fan homo. I also think that someone who decides to like a team outside of the box (since I chose to like the Huskers instead of Iowa or Iowa State) shows that I'm different than the rest of the ****ing state. I wouldn't expect much though from someone who has two different schools as their name?

Who is the homo, homo? I am a fan of the school in my state. You are not. I grew up in the state of the team that I am a fan of. You didn't. You are a bandwaggon fan who must have such a low self esteem of himself that he has to go pick a team with a bigger winning record to follow so he can feel good about himself; even when he has absolutely no ties to that school. Why not Toledo? Why not some other team that has a lessor winning record?

Bandwaggon fans are just people that have no backbone to like who they like regardless of winning record, and go pick the currently winning team to follow and live vicariously through their win loss record. I am sure that you dress in red all the time and yell 'Hucksters!!' or 'Corn Power' or whatever lame thing you do to make sure that everyone can identify you as someone different, someone who is a fan of the Big Red, not some lame local team.

Just in case noone has ever told you, you don't have to be a character to be someone in your community, you have to HAVE character. There is a difference.:thumbsup:

Who is the homo, homo? I am a fan of the school in my state. You are not. I grew up in the state of the team that I am a fan of. You didn't. You are a bandwaggon fan who must have such a low self esteem of himself that he has to go pick a team with a bigger winning record to follow so he can feel good about himself; even when he has absolutely no ties to that school. Why not Toledo? Why not some other team that has a lessor winning record?

Bandwaggon fans are just people that have no backbone to like who they like regardless of winning record, and go pick the currently winning team to follow and live vicariously through their win loss record. I am sure that you dress in red all the time and yell 'Hucksters!!' or 'Corn Power' or whatever lame thing you do to make sure that everyone can identify you as someone different, someone who is a fan of the Big Red, not some lame local team.

Just in case noone has ever told you, you don't have to be a character to be someone in your community, you have to HAVE character. There is a difference.:thumbsup:

Lighten up Francis!!!!:smile2:

Which program will beat a top-10 ranked team first? CU or nU?
Which will get ranked in the top-10 first?

Both programs are underachieving relative to fan-base expectations. This chest thumping is basically low stakes pride-wanking. A meer scrimmage in anticipation for some glorius day in the future when there are NC implications. Right now both schools are FAR from attracting any visit by the ESPN Gameday crew. CU v nU drops well below the newly minted Ohio State - Florida grudge. A USC - longwhorn matchup would generate better buzz than the upcoming trojan rumble in stincoln. Any self respecting Bug Red faithful (in Iowa or elsewhere) knows that.

The Buffs' first 48 minutes against UGA last season between the hedges was enough to justify my vote for the Hawkaloes beating a ranked team before the children of the corn. I predict that nU will squander it's next chance to get that monkey off their back against the Trojans, who will be treating this a trap game. Even should nU win this one, the only national championship implication are those lost by Pete Carrol. Truth is the NCAA has a better chance of derailing USC for Reggie Bush's parents house scandal than nU.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the Big 12 Championship game last year and all I heard at halftime in the concourses was "Boomer" and then another group would yell "Sooner" and then both would yell "Nebraska sucks", I heard this over and over about 2 dozen times. Once I heard one guy scream "Big Red", but nobody responded to him and that was it. All of the Nebraska fans were walking around like dogs with their tales between their legs. Wake up, the biggest thing you guys can win is the Big 12 North. Big ****ing deal!
View attachment 1744

kinda like the fusker fans walked around after 62-26. They think they are gods gift to college football when they win, but are sore losers.

kinda like the fusker fans walked around after 62-26. They think they are gods gift to college football when they win, but are sore losers.

Hey I was pissed we lost of course I would be or else I wouldn't be a fan. However I did tell the Sooner fan next to me congrats because he was a respectful guy and we b.s. throughout the game.

Well considering that I have watched the Huskers since I was 13 and I'm now 27 I wouldn't call myself a bandwagon fan homo.

Well, you've convinced me. You are not a bandwagon fan homo. The bandwagon fan part is all wrong... :smile2:

Hey I was pissed we lost of course I would be or else I wouldn't be a fan. However I did tell the Sooner fan next to me congrats because he was a respectful guy and we b.s. throughout the game.

I know, there are a lot of good fans like you. I have seen a lot of poor husker fans though like the ones that beat up Drew Wahlroos after 62-36, and I also saw a banner over I-80 that read, "Sal is dead, GO BIG RED!" on our way to the '90 game.

I still find that sickening to say the least! Can't wait for the movie to come out! Someone said that the same director that did Rudy is doing this movie??

Bet it was a KSU fan!

at Wake Forest - 1st loss
USC - 2 in a row
at Missouri - who knows? It would be Pinkel's biggest win.
at Texas - number 4 or 3 depending on the MU game
at Kansas - don't laugh in 2005 it was 40-15 Jayhawks, and last year OT in
"Stinkin Lincoln"
at CU - it would be Hawkins vision of what up until now has been just alot of
ra ra jive.
NU lost it's entire starting defensive line, and as long as there is Cortney Grixby - why not pick on him all day?

View attachment 1742

Why not expect them to lose every game? That real plausible

Why not expect them to lose every game? That real plausible

Hey thanks for the extra down, we really appreciate it. Come on down to Dal Ward and check out what an NC and Big 12 trophy look like. Heck, tell them you're from 5th down Faurot Field and the staff might even let you touch it. BTW, keep Pinky, nobody implodes better than him, it will be to CU's benefit eventually.:thumbsup:

So you're admitting the only way that Colorado team could beat a much less talented mizzery team was with a fifth down.
Thanks, now lets talk about the present.

So you're admitting the only way that Colorado team could beat a much less talented mizzery team was with a fifth down.

We'll take it. Sometimes you need breaks to win CHAMPIONSHIPS! Every national champion has had a lucky break sometime in the season. Hey Nebraska lucked out in '97 at Mizzou with the kicked pass.

COLORADO 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

BTW, why don't you tell us who your team is?

same story for NU when they squeaked by you that one year, sometimes its bad luck, some times its bad refs, but when its all the time you need to look in the mirror.

You might want to review the tape again, 'cause your handle is wrong.

There was no 5th down. There were 2 2nd downs. Big difference.

Well, according to one of the twats HERE Kansas is going to win the North! Lol, honestly, can't believe some people get paid for this crap.

And honestly, what is with all the hate for each other? LOL you people take the whole "Who's better right now and who will be?" argument way to far. Im sorry CU but right now...NU is better whoopidy do. You've been up on us before so it's not huge ass deal and yes, if I had to predict, I'd say we will win the decade as well. I'm not sayin ya'll suck nor am I living in the '90's' but historically and talent wise...we just got you beat. Now, will Hawkins turn the program around and become elite? Who knows? I don't know but It'll be cool to watch.

Chill grasshoppers

Last edited:
Back