What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CA QB Nick Hirschman (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '10 CA QB Nick Hirschman (Committed to Colorado)

I don't think this was already posted...

Rivals (Adam, the Buff publisher) spoke to Nick's father today and confirmed that Nick will be graduating and enrolling early at CU. He'll be on campus January 11th. :thumbsup:

:woot:

With him enrolling we have a scholly opening up for Feb's LOIs. Hawk needs to sign as many as he can.

:woot:

New Rivals ratings came out, so I updated Nick's ratings in his profile.

Also, there are some whispers that Oregon State and Arizona State may offer him. It's vital that we get Nick's commitment locked up and get him enrolled for the spring semester.

I'm hearing his parents are dead set on CU. They were out in Boulder a few weeks ago looking for places for him to live.

Come on Nick forget the Beavers and evil Dennis Erickson!

Last edited:

we need him here!! Nick you're a BUFF, and your going to break some records.

He will be a buff. This is the only thing I'm 100% confident on.

Just thought this was interesting: I didn't know Tennessee was trying to get Hirschman to camp, but he committed to CU before that happened.
File this under "I'm bored, so for what it's worth ..."
The theorists who say Hirschman might have gained stars if he'd delayed committing and picked up a few more offers are probably correct.

VolNation fan discussion of Nick Hirschman

Nick's supposed to arrive on Wednesday to enroll for the spring semester.

So, with a full spring & fall camp to prepare, does Hirschman have a shot to come in and start? Barkley did it at Southern Cal. If USC can start a Freshman, CU sure as hell can, too.

I'm not throwing Hansen under the bus, but if Hirschman is everything he's being cracked up to be, he might be the difference between 6 wins and 8 wins.

So, with a full spring & fall camp to prepare, does Hirschman have a shot to come in and start? Barkley did it at Southern Cal. If USC can start a Freshman, CU sure as hell can, too.

I'm not throwing Hansen under the bus, but if Hirschman is everything he's being cracked up to be, he might be the difference between 6 wins and 8 wins.

I hope he can sit for one year and take everything in but I really am excited about Hirschman. I'll make sure not to get my picture taken with him.

Barring injury, I'd be very surprised if anyone got game snaps next year besides Tyler and Cody.

But Nick's obviously a smart guy and he's getting here early. Grasping the offense shouldn't be a problem. It's great that he's getting here early to compete.

USC also didn't have a returning starter on the team. With CU having 2 QBs on the roster with over 35 combined starts, I think a redshirt is pretty much a lock.

USC also didn't have a returning starter on the team. With CU having 2 QBs on the roster with over 35 combined starts, I think a redshirt is pretty much a lock.
we are talking about dan hawkins here.... tyler hansen's redshirt was supposed to be a lock as well

Ideally, Hirschman redshirts this year with Evans #2, and there's a winner take all cage match for the starters job in 2012 between Evans and Hirschman.

:rofl:
Ideally, Hirschman redshirts this year with Evans #2, and there's a winner take all cage match for the starters job in 2012 between Evans and Hirschman.

You are suggesting that CH is going to be 3rd string? :rofl:

:rofl:

You are suggesting that CH is going to be 3rd string? :rofl:

Ideally - yes. Realistically, I have no idea. But my preference would be to get Hansen the most reps in Spring and Fall Camp, with Evans right behind him. Cody needs to start his coaching career.

Back