What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO DE Chris Martin (Signed to California)

Re: '10 CO LB Chris Martin (Committed to Notre Dame)

As has been mentioned before, nights like we had on Sunday can sometimes work to our advantage with a recruit. If I'm Chris Martin, there's a good chance I made some friendships with some guys who have committed or are considering CU, I saw an awesome atmosphere for a college football game, and I saw potential to make an impact quickly. At DE we're obviously thin and our best player there is a senior next year (Herrod). At LB, we graduate 3 seniors so immediate playing time is on the table.

We already have a lot of young talent and he should be seeing a situation where he can play right away and be an integral part of turning around one of the 25 most prestigious programs in the country. At Notre Dame, he's another guy. At Colorado, he could end up being a legend like Alfred Williams (another 43 WDE / 34 OLB).

Please don't take this the wrong way. You can have your opinion. I'm not asking you to change it, just tone it back on the player profiles. That's all I ask.

No problem, I'm cool with that.:thumbsup:

I have no idea what took the local papers so long to report this. I mean, Boulder Buff reported this the moment it happened. That goes to show two things - the awesomeness of BB, and the shortcomings of our local papers.

I have no idea what took the local papers so long to report this. I mean, Boulder Buff reported this the moment it happened. That goes to show two things - the awesomeness of BB, and the shortcomings of our local papers.

I've seen a bunch of mentions Martin coming to Grandview in the papers the last 2-3 weeks.

Lord, please let the Buffs win enough to go to a bowl game this year and perhaps Martin will see that he wants to be in Black and Gold more, than riding the pine for a couple years at Our Lady.

What? You mean a coach gets a 5 star recruit and plays him because of his tremendous talent?

Not talking about CU at all. Besides USC, "Martin also mentioned California, Tennessee and Florida (should the Gators decide to become involved) as other possible options"

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4483769

He seems to be pretty sold on ND, but if USC kills them and CU can somehow turn the season around while convincing him to attend another game or two unofficially, then who knows. "I just want to see a football team that's on the way to winning and that's in the right direction, and not one that's sitting there still on the hoofs trying to struggle just to get games where they should win." He was at the CSU game, and of course he knows about Toledo. Our only hope is if Cornh8ter hurries up and decides to make Martin his avatar.

i think shanny can get him to CU, maybe even tuberville. :smile2:

Is he actually even considering us?

USC up 20-0 at the half. Pour it on Condoms!!!!! :woot:

Is he actually even considering us?

It sounds like he is pretty open to looking at anyone right now. If he decides that he likes living in Colorado, if he makes some good friends here in HS it could give him reason to think about it. He has spent some time in Boulder and one constant is that players like and respect Cabral. He is a high school kid and very rarely does a kid his age make this big a decision without having second thoughts.

I wouldn't put our chances of getting him very high but I think that the chances that he ends up at Notre Dame are less than 25%. He is doing what he should be doing, looking at all his options and trying to figure out what is going to be the best fit for him. I certainly would be happy if he decides that the best option is us.

Here"s another clip on Martin.....

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/20...-martin-committment-simply-sparked-more/#cont

"You're a five-star recruit now," Deshaun says, "but the minute you sign that all goes away. That practice field? It's a pasture, and you're just one of the cows."

Cheryl Martin laughs at the metaphor, then says, "A degree from Notre Dame is much more prestigious than one from the University of Colorado."
Only time will tell with this kid but you can't feel our chances are real good

"It had a lot to do with competitiveness," she says. "Right now Stanford is not at the forefront of college football. Also, I met with (head coach) Jim Harbaugh and he did not give me the same sense that he would take care of Chris."

Because, you know, Notre Dame is so much better than Stanford. :lol:

"It's South Bend, my son can't get in too much trouble. There's nothing to do."

I don't think she understands how that works...

"It had a lot to do with competitiveness," she says. "Right now Stanford is not at the forefront of college football. Also, I met with (head coach) Jim Harbaugh and he did not give me the same sense that he would take care of Chris."

Because, you know, Notre Dame is so much better than Stanford. :lol:

"It's South Bend, my son can't get in too much trouble. There's nothing to do."

I don't think she understands how that works...

Mom sounds a little too involved in this whole decision... It's his life and his career.... :huh:

Unless, of course, mom would really like a unicorn and a bank of her own.... :smile2:

Parents should be more involved, not less, in the college choices of their kids. And while I don't root for Notre Dame, I'm not going to pretend that they don't offer a great education, football experience, and post-graduation alumni network. It's a good school.

I don't know what you people are sipping on, but even if he were to re-open his commitment, (which my the sounds of it--he isn't) CU wouldn't be in the running.

This kids mother sounds like she has the same attitude of lebron james mom.

I spent the week in norther Indiana with a bunch of Notre Dame fans. To a man they said that Weis is a class a prick and win or lose they wouldn't mind him leaving.

I spent the week in norther Indiana with a bunch of Notre Dame fans. To a man they said that Weis is a class a prick and win or lose they wouldn't mind him leaving.

Objective ND fans actually do exist. :wow:

Weis has do doubt done the least with the most talent. Only the power of Notre Dame history gets these kids there.

ND is like the Bermuda Triangle of talent, it is where 4* and 5* talent goes to disappear.

Back