What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO DE Chris Martin (Signed to California)

The license plate number that appeared on the Gainesville Police Department arrest report for Martin’s January citation was also the same one listed on the arrest report for Janoris Jenkins’ April citation for marijuana. It had Colorado tags.

Hmmm...sounds like it might've been more than just a desire to be closer to home.

With all the transfering he's done, I wonder how his academic situation is.

If he hasn't taken care of business in the classroom or if he has taken a bunch of classes that don't transfer he could have a tough time.

I don't question the talent, but there are other issues. I'll back Embo whichever way he goes on Martin.

Really hope weed doesn't hurt this kids career even more than he's hurt it. SHould be right at home in Boulder though.

What eligibility would he have left after two transfers? Best I can figure, he would have to sit this upcoming season and would have two to play two.

What eligibility would he have left after two transfers? Best I can figure, he would have to sit this upcoming season and would have two to play two.

Didn't he redshirt last year? If so then if he came to CU this year it would only be his 2nd year on campus. Then wouldn't he have 3 to play 3?

Didn't he redshirt last year? If so then if he came to CU this year it would only be his 2nd year on campus. Then wouldn't he have 3 to play 3?

You might be right. He enrolled in summer school at Cal, but transferred before the season began so maybe that just ate the redshirt year, and this transfer from UF will eat up his RS freshman year. Seems strange that he would have 2 transfers and still play for three.

Why not? I'd take him. He's got to do well here. What's he going to do? Transfer again? I don't think anybody but a FCS or DII team would take him then. I guess it's a character call though.

Depends on his issues....don't want a cancer in the locker room (or have him hanging with his teammates in bars on the weekends if he is a horrible influence).....Jon is building from ground zero (since dumbass burned the house down), and he does not want to introduce anyone who will negatively impact his plan....

Why not? I'd take him. He's got to do well here. What's he going to do? Transfer again? I don't think anybody but a FCS or DII team would take him then. I guess it's a character call though.

He will never make a significant impact at the Divison 1 level. There are major issues that he needs to work through.

The staff has dealt with pre-madonnas before though. Why the hell not, we need the depth.

He will never make a significant impact at the Divison 1 level. There are major issues that he needs to work through.

It really depends on whether the coaches see him as an impact player. If they do, and only if they do, then it's worth having the conversation. There is risk here, and the reward must outweigh it. He also needs to convince the coaches that the risk isn't as high as an outside observer would assume. I don't have enough information to judge this fairly. That's why I'll defer to the coaches on this one... and hold them accountable.

That's a fairly bold conclusory statement. Not saying it's untrue, just pretty dismissive of the kid.

I actually do not hold anything against him. I think he is a kid who got wrapped up in the blue chip recruiting process and now is completely lost. I am not going to be mad if the coaches decide he is worth the risk, but I really wonder if he can withstand the rigors of a Pac-12 football program. I think he has all the talent in the world, but the last two years of his life have been rocky, to say the least.

I hope he gets it all figured out and finds the right spot for him. I just think he needs to think about stuff beyond football now.

If we can take these late signees who had no other scholarship offers like Cotner and McCulloch we sure as hell can take a 5-star player who might have some minor "issues."

If we can take these late signees who had no other scholarship offers like Cotner and McCulloch we sure as hell can take a 5-star player who might have some minor "issues."

Your argument is why I say it's worth pursuing. But Embree is not just charged with restocking talent here, he also has to build a winning culture. Martin only makes sense for us if he's going to be a fit for that culture.

Denver Post had a blurb at the end of one their articles about a week ago saying that Embree had not spoken with Martin.

Who knows if thats true or not but I would hope that Embo would activley recruit him (assuming thats not against NCAA rules) rather then just sit back and wait for a phone call from Martin.

Or just maybe Embree doesn't want him on the team and that's why he hasnt talked to him.

Back