What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO DE Chris Martin (Signed to California)

Re: '10 CA LB Chris Martin (Committed to Notre Dame)

Bandison's recruiting him? Correct me if I"m wrong, but isn't this guy one of our weakest assistants? He's not that great of a position coach from what I can tell on the field, and I can't really think of a prospect that we owe primarily due to him. Are we looking at DE with him, and so Cabral wouldn't get involved?

Bandison's recruiting him? Correct me if I"m wrong, but isn't this guy one of our weakest assistants? He's not that great of a position coach from what I can tell on the field, and I can't really think of a prospect that we owe primarily due to him. Are we looking at DE with him, and so Cabral wouldn't get involved?
I'm pretty sure the whole staff is in on this kid. He's in the same league as Darrell Scott. He just plays on the defense.

as always - good point. I'm hopeful, but not too optimistic. Maybe if a bunch of Buffs fans showed up to all Grandview games, we could help sway him?? Of course, what would really help is if ND sucked it up again this year, and our Buffaloes showed great progress.

as always - good point. I'm hopeful, but not too optimistic. Maybe if a bunch of Buffs fans showed up to all Grandview games, we could help sway him?? Of course, what would really help is if ND sucked it up again this year, and our Buffaloes showed great progress.

Showing up to his games not so effective,

but this is an excellent plan:

1) if ND sucked it up again this year, (They will.)
2) and our Buffaloes showed great progress. (They will.)

a few visits from Cabral and some good unofficial visits up to CU cant hurt either.

"Transferred to Grandview"... Is this the Grandview here in Colorado, or one in California? :confused:

It is the Grandview here in Colorado.

Well then perhaps we have a decent shot at the kid afterall. I'm sure the coaches aren't giving up on him.

Certainly changes things. Will be interesting to see how ND performs on the field this season.

One plus is that he knows our coaching staff well. Cabral has been on him for a while. This is where Hawk being our point man on in-state recruiting comes into play.

Re: '10 CO LB Chris Martin (Committed to Notre Dame)

Decided to change his home state to Colorado in the thread title.

He immediately becomes the top HS player in CO, so if Hawk wants to keep his streak alive of landing the state's top player each recruiting cycle - this is the guy, no?

Keep the streak alive Hawk!

nice. hes had some luck on this streak, I hope it continues. :thumbsup: :gobuffs:

I'm pretty sure that's why here moved to Colorado, since we weren't going to get Hinder. :thumbsup:

High-profile transfer Chris Martin OK’d by CHSAA

Notre Dame recruit allowed to practice, play for Grandview after transfer waiver cleared
By COURTNEY OAKES
The Aurora Sentinel

Published: Thursday, August 27, 2009 9:41 PM MDT

AURORA | Chris Martin and the Grandview football team breathed a sigh of relief on Thursday, as the Colorado High School Activities Association cleared the Notre Dame recruit to play with the Wolves in the 2009 season.

The 6-foot-5, 245-pound Martin is ranked as the No. 1 prospect in the nation as a defensive end by recruiting services Rivals.com and Scout.com, even though he’s likely to play more as a linebacker for Grandview this season.

More...

High-profile transfer Chris Martin OK’d by CHSAA

Notre Dame recruit allowed to practice, play for Grandview after transfer waiver cleared
By COURTNEY OAKES
The Aurora Sentinel
Published: Thursday, August 27, 2009 9:41 PM MDT

AURORA | Chris Martin and the Grandview football team breathed a sigh of relief on Thursday, as the Colorado High School Activities Association cleared the Notre Dame recruit to play with the Wolves in the 2009 season.

The 6-foot-5, 245-pound Martin is ranked as the No. 1 prospect in the nation as a defensive end by recruiting services Rivals.com and Scout.com, even though he’s likely to play more as a linebacker for Grandview this season.

More...

Hmmmm.... it looks like Grandview plays Friday @ Grand Junction Central....

It says he loves talking to hawk and cabral and im expecting a notre dame blow up so i think he decommits around week 6 or 7

Any chance he's up in Boulder on Sunday?

Any chance he's up in Boulder on Sunday?

Never mind - misread the article. Here's what he told rivals:

While I am out here [in Colorado], I am going to take my cousin up to CU a little bit. I will take advantage of that," Martin said. "I love talking to [head] coach Dan Hawkins, [linebackers] coach Brian Cabral, so I will be up there a little bit. But I don't see a reason for any change [in my commitment status with Notre Dame] right now.

Last edited:

just another reason to root against Notre Dumb :smile2:

I'm not sure why everyone thinks a team losing helps our recruiting - it didn't hurt us after a 2-10 season. It could make recruits think they play sooner, which the better ones all want.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks a team losing helps our recruiting - it didn't hurt us after a 2-10 season. It could make recruits think they play sooner, which the better ones all want.

The difference is recruits knew who the coach was going to be after that 2-10 season. That is not a guarantee if Weis underachieves this year.

The difference is recruits knew who the coach was going to be after that 2-10 season. That is not a guarantee if Weis underachieves this year.

Well, good point in this case, but I see that statement over and over, and I just think it could go either way.

I will go out on a limb here. If Weis doesn't win 10 games he's gone with this schedule. Now with that said, they will replace him likely with a HUGE name and it may not mix things up so much.

More powerful will be a Buff 10 win season and having Martin really get accustomed to Colorado. A girlfriend wouldn't hurt.

I will go out on a limb here. If Weis doesn't win 10 games he's gone with this schedule. Now with that said, they will replace him likely with a HUGE name and it may not mix things up so much.

More powerful will be a Buff 10 win season and having Martin really get accustomed to Colorado. A girlfriend wouldn't hurt.

I'm not so sure - ND can win 9 games and still have a great chance of being selected to a BCS bowl (which is bulls*** by the way), that would probably save his job.

I completely agree though, that they would go get a big "name" coach to replace him.

I'm not so sure - ND can win 9 games and still have a great chance of being selected to a BCS bowl (which is bulls*** by the way), that would probably save his job.

I completely agree though, that they would go get a big "name" coach to replace him.
your next head coach at notre dame

Attachments

• next head coach at notre dame.jpg
    next head coach at notre dame.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

I'm this has been mentioned, but it would be awesome if he committed to CU and then again DH gets the top recruit in the state!! :thumbsup:

your next head coach at notre dame

F*** if I know...Gruden, Urban Meyer? I just know ND is as big an attention whore as any school and they believe it's the best job in the country, so they'll go after a big name.

Back