What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

104.7 Sports Radio

Vic has been up since they upgraded so no excuse.
Was he talking Balch and the press facilities? Likely so. They suck, so I'll forgive him that.
But remember Vic is a double douche: 1) CS Ewe grad; and, 2) lifelong Golden Domer fan through his family.
( Fact: he didn't have a prayer of being admitted to either ND or CU!)

Was he talking Balch and the press facilities? Likely so. They suck, so I'll forgive him that.
But remember Vic is a double douche: 1) CS Ewe grad; and, 2) lifelong Golden Domer fan through his family.
What? Vic attended CU as a freshman and then transferred to ND where he graduated. Not sure what you are talking about and he has always been pro CU, even openly admitting he roots for them on the radio.

The high point of the Broncos media obsession has to be when they showed up at Elway's house on Halloween to report on what kind of candy he was giving out. I'm not sure that can be topped, but I hold out hope.

P.S. It was Reese's Cups & Mini Kit-Kats, for any of the Donk-obsessed who didn't know and needed to find out what you need to make your favorite candy.
No, you're wrong on two counts: Its "low point" not high and the lowest was , as I recall, a three quarter page article on Sammy Winder and his hat collection! Back when the Buffs were actually winning!

i like Vic a lot, but he annoys the hell out of me when it comes to CFB, mainly because he's a Domer.

Lolololololololololol

i like Vic a lot, but he annoys the hell out of me when it comes to CFB, mainly because he's a Domer.
I love his crusade on the SEC and their winning at all costs mentality. Probably one of the only major fanbases that can say what they do.

I like him too, but sometimes he gets a little too local focused for my taste. Whether it is Bob Stitt and the other small colleges in the area, or Gwozdecky as being the best option for the Avs coach.... that type of narrow focus can be obnoxious.

One thing about the Denver media is that at least 50% of the guys covering the Broncos are fans and they all know and understand the importance of the Broncos for the Denver market, its national relevance and are trying to protect the brand. But then Denver is one of two places i know where seemingly 99% have an opinion on the Broncos or football either way (Glasgow is the other).

If you polled the CU fan base whether they hated CSU or Tom Brady more, I think Brady would win.

What? Vic attended CU as a freshman and then transferred to ND where he graduated. Not sure what you are talking about and he has always been pro CU, even openly admitting he roots for them on the radio.

So, a quick allbuffs search shows 82 posts by @Buffenuf that included the keyword: "Fact". He seems to use that word rather loosely.

One thing about the Denver media is that at least 50% of the guys covering the Broncos are fans and they all know and understand the importance of the Broncos for the Denver market, its national relevance and are trying to protect the brand. But then Denver is one of two places i know where seemingly 99% have an opinion on the Broncos or football either way (Glasgow is the other).

If you polled the CU fan base whether they hated CSU or Tom Brady more, I think Brady would win.

That's a problem when you have reporters who are little more than fanboys trying to protect a team's brand or enhance its relevance. You're just a shill for the organization at that point.

And if there are CU fans that hate Tom Brady more than Bradlee Van Pelt, there is something wrong with them.

still doesn't find the Poop thread in the island. so - to me - it's unreliable at best

CORRECTION: it works if I don't check the "Titles Only" box

OK, so bitch slap me for this but I'm posting it anyway. This was in the "Kickin' it with Kiz" column:

"I have a son who attends CU and has been struck by the ambivalence surrounding CU sports. We live in California, where even Cal gets better support than either major Colorado school, though I would argue CU plays as big a role in Colorado as Cal does in California life. I expected a much stronger sense of community in Colorado than in California. It is the exact opposite. Any idea why college football is such a bust in Colorado? Is everybody too cool to care?"
Tim, Confused in California

Kiz: "As I rode light rail to the Rocky Mountain Showdown, squished between CU fans wearing black and CSU fans wearing green, I felt genuine passion for college football rubbing against me (or at least I hope it was passion for college football.) With the exception of the Broncos, however, any sport played outdoors in Colorado is regarded primarily as an excuse to hang out with a few friends in the sun. If CU fans get a tan, they don't really care whether the Buffs get a win."

He MUST be trolling for CU fan responses. What a total idiotic thing to write otherwise.

OK, so bitch slap me for this but I'm posting it anyway. This was in the "Kickin' it with Kiz" column:

"I have a son who attends CU and has been struck by the ambivalence surrounding CU sports. We live in California, where even Cal gets better support than either major Colorado school, though I would argue CU plays as big a role in Colorado as Cal does in California life. I expected a much stronger sense of community in Colorado than in California. It is the exact opposite. Any idea why college football is such a bust in Colorado? Is everybody too cool to care?"

Kiz: "As I rode light rail to the Rocky Mountain Showdown, squished between CU fans wearing black and CSU fans wearing green, I felt genuine passion for college football rubbing against me (or at least I hope it was passion for college football.) With the exception of the Broncos, however, any sport played outdoors in Colorado is regarded primarily as an excuse to hang out with a few friends in the sun. If CU fans get a tan, they don't really care whether the Buffs get a win."

He MUST be trolling for CU fan responses. What a total idiotic thing to write otherwise.

Yes, he is trolling; don't click his articles.

A like for no link!

I heard Chad Brown talking about the Buffs on the radio a few minutes ago. He was on the sidelines last week, and said the difference between the caliber of player now and 3 or 4 years ago is night and day. Most starters - his words - are PAC XII level now, and a number of reserves as well. He expects multiple in-conference wins.

I heard Chad Brown talking about the Buffs on the radio a few minutes ago. He was on the sidelines last week, and said the difference between the caliber of player now and 3 or 4 years ago is night and day. Most starters - his words - are PAC XII level now, and a number of reserves as well. He expects multiple in-conference wins.
Multiple? As in several?

BTW, one of you douchewads (affectionately) said Mac sucks on the radio. I listened to his interview on The Fan and he sounded great.

BTW, one of you douchewads (affectionately) said Mac sucks on the radio. I listened to his interview on The Fan and he sounded great.

It's all about winning and losing. Patriots fans think Belichick is great at press conferences. Oregon fans loved Kelly. Alabama fans think Saban is a great guy.

I have to give AM 950 more props. Their shows are now running multiple, daily segments about the Buffs. Their morning show blows, but Nate Kreckman and Tom Nalen in the afternoon are really good, and they are clearly starting to pickup the team and speak intelligently about what is going on. They make a very good radio show, talk intelligently about a variety of topics, and don't take things too seriously at all. Highly recommend them.

Also, 950 have started running amusing promos mocking 1043 for only talking Broncos. I enjoy that.

I have to give AM 950 more props. Their shows are now running multiple, daily segments about the Buffs. Their morning show blows, but Nate Kreckman and Tom Nalen in the afternoon are really good, and they are clearly starting to pickup the team and speak intelligently about what is going on. They make a very good radio show, talk intelligently about a variety of topics, and don't take things too seriously at all. Highly recommend them.

Also, 950 have started running amusing promos mocking 1043 for only talking Broncos. I enjoy that.
Like 'em. Nalen actually attends the games! Pretty novel!

So they've decided to go after 104.3, eh? Sounds like they are going to tout themselves as an "all sports" station. Great idea. I sure hope like hell it grows their ratings because if it doesn't, get ready for nothing but Bronco talk forever.

Like 'em. Nalen actually attends the games! Pretty novel!

So they've decided to go after 104.3, eh? Sounds like they are going to tout themselves as an "all sports" station. Great idea. I sure hope like hell it grows their ratings because if it doesn't, get ready for nothing but Bronco talk forever.
Yeah, but as the Altitude station, they get a certain amount access, as well as personalities, that the other stations don't have. I also expect they have a longer leash on narrow profit margins compared to other stations.

I have switched to 950 for a couple of weeks they are really hitting every sport and college stuff so i enjoy that.
Nalen is awesome he doesn't take himself to serious and his film breakdowns are really good. He said today that
lindsey has been the same dude since 8th grade loves how he plays. Plus you don't have to deal with cecil being
pushed on you all day.

Back