What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA WR Devin Lucien (Signed to UCLA)

This guy would look phenomenal running routes along side PRich. He's a great long ball WR from the looks of it but with the way he snatches the ball out of the air, he'll be effective pretty much anywhere on the field. I hope the new staff can land him.

I'm not going to fault Embree for what he's doing. He was formally hired on Monday, has been driving all over Colorado this week and has his first commit Saturday night. That being said, this program will depend on the work he does outside the state. I'm eager for him to hit the road in Cali and Texas ASAP, hopefully getting in a player like Lucien's ear.

New senior highlights (you're gonna love this guy):

[video=youtube;IEF2Q5WbdRo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEF2Q5WbdRo[/video]

This kid projects as a future stud, no doubt about it. We have to lock this guy down in person and bring him back to Boulder so nobody else gets a chance at him.

Could imagine a guy of this quality starting next to a player of PRichardson's quality? IN my mind, probably some of the best WR's we've had running around since Westbrook, Pritchard and all those guys.

That senior film is nasty. I think Nik is right, really like our chances here. Would be quite a turnaround for our underclassmen depth at WR from just a couple years ago.

That kid with PRich and Clemons would be nasty. Let WillJeff go back to WR and it's even better.

If he comes here, will I have to give up my man-crush on Paul Richardson?

That kid with PRich and Clemons would be nasty. Let WillJeff go back to WR and it's even better.

Should be interesting to see what happens with Jefferson. I guess a lot will depend on what Embree/Bieniemy think of last year's crop of RBs. But I think Jefferson showed something with the wildcat plays late in the season, looked much smoother than when he lined up at RB. If they do move him back to WR, might even allow for Lucien to redshirt (although I think that is unlikely regardless).

We're not in a position to be redshirting wide receivers. We need all the talent we can get. WR is not like OL. In the first place, we're not that deep at WR. In the second place, it's a lot easier for a true Freshman to come in and make a difference at WR. A playmaker is a playmaker. We need more playmakers.

We have a lot of returning seniors at WR for 2011. We don't have much that I believe in behind them.

Lucien would play early and definitely be a star his sophomore year.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1163022

Devin Lucien took an official visit to Arizona State in October and now that his senior season is over, the four-star wide receiver prospect from Encino (Calif.) Crespi has started to line up more trips.

Lucien will check out Kentucky this coming weekend, Michigan on Jan. 8 and UCLA on Jan. 15.

"I am pretty sure I am going to end up taking my last visit to Colorado because I love their program," he added.

Arizona State - 10/29/10
Kentucky - 12/10/10
Michigan - 1/8/11
UCLA - 1/15/11
Colorado - expected either 1/22/11 or 1/29/11

:thumbsup:

Back