What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA WR Devin Lucien (Signed to UCLA)

Welcome! Hopefully I'll get to meet you at the Spring Game.

Regarding Lucien (and our future recruiting Crespi HS), Natalie Meisler had an encouraging column in the DP: http://www.denverpost.com/meisler/ci_17239296

Below the conversation about Lucien and Crespi, she remarks that Air Force had 35 commits. That's a lot.

* yes, definitely off topic. My feelings wouldn't be hurt if it was deleted or moved. The raw number just struck me.

Last edited:
Below the conversation about Lucien and Crespi, she remarks that Air Force had 35 commits. That's a lot.

(A bit off topic, so if this gets any more responses it needs to be split into a separate thread.)

We talk a lot about the recruiting disadvantages that the Service Academies have. Academic standards, the post-graduation enlistment requirements and the cadet lifestyle significantly limit the recruiting pool.

However, the Service Academies also have some built-in advantages in recruiting. One big one is they don't have to deal with the normal scholarship limits. They're able to stash a lot of guys, put them into a prep academy, and then only bring them onto the football squad if they prove they can play as well as handle the academics & cadet lifestyle.

(A bit off topic, so if this gets any more responses it needs to be split into a separate thread.)

We talk a lot about the recruiting disadvantages that the Service Academies have. Academic standards, the post-graduation enlistment requirements and the cadet lifestyle significantly limit the recruiting pool.

However, the Service Academies also have some built-in advantages in recruiting. One big one is they don't have to deal with the normal scholarship limits. They're able to stash a lot of guys, put them into a prep academy, and then only bring them onto the football squad if they prove they can play as well as handle the academics & cadet lifestyle.

...and there is that guaranteed job at the end! :thumbsup:

Devin Lucien.

I predict he will look allsome in the Black and Gold. Will announce Weds.

770171.jpg

For all the rave reviews he gave to Miami, he did qualify his statement with the reality that it's really far from home. Mom did not accompany him on this trip. Colorado may be the ideal compromise. He's able to get away to experience another part of the country, but still be in the Pac-12 so that he's got 1 game a year in LA.

For all the rave reviews he gave to Miami, he did qualify his statement with the reality that it's really far from home. Mom did not accompany him on this trip. Colorado may be the ideal compromise. He's able to get away to experience another part of the country, but still be in the Pac-12 so that he's got 1 game a year in LA.

Two, when we play in the Rose Bowl.

Is Lucien the WR that PRich is talking about?:thumbsup:

There's unspoken competition among players to host recruits. Players pride themselves on selling the program enough to make a recruit commit, and many of them keep a running tally.
"For me, it is because the kids I host, I want them to commit," Richardson said. "Right now, I'm one-and-one, but the other is not a loss yet."

Read more: Icy weather? Recruiters tell cold, hard facts - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_17255452#ixzz1Cj1xkYSX
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Come on, Devin! You and PRich on the field at the same time would create matchup problems for just about every team the Buffs will face.

Not sure why but my gut tells me to feel less confident now than a couple days ago.

He visited Miami but did not commit.

That means we hold out hope as long as possible.

Really, you want to be a Buff or a Cane?

no contest.

Teaser:
Devin Lucien Has Narrowed His Choices To Only 5.
Miami Hurricanes, UCLA Bruins, Arizona State Sun Devils, Colorado Buffaloes, and The California Bears.
Which will he choose? Tune in
and watch his commitment Live tomorrow at 3pm, tune in at 2:55 just to make sure. This is
something you don't want to miss!!
www.calihighsports.com

(Assuming live at 3 p.m. is local time, which makes it 4 p.m. in Colorado.)

Here's calihighsports' pre-season feature on Devin.
30134_1423689840196_1471239313_31047798_8174690_n.jpg

Back