What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO RB Adonis Ameen-Moore (Verbal to Syracuse)

If you watched our offense in the spring, it's hard for me to visualize him in this offense. Just saying.

I don't know that I agree. If you look at his offers, teams that run a lot more spread and read option type stuff (Northwestern & Utah) are some of our stiffest competition for Adonis. I think he would be very effective in that offense. Just because we're not utilizing a fullback doesn't mean we won't have downhill, power running. Look no further than what Joe Gibbs did with guys like John Riggins and Clinton Portis out of that offense.

He has already visited CSU and Syracuse. He will be visiting Utah on December 17th. They appear to be the three favorites right now.

LOL. (Literally and Really.)

When Wally comes round, I have HUGE HUGE HUGE scoop for him regarding JS.

Gonna love it.

Hoping EB comes in and takes a 2nd look with AAM....think he could turn into a beast with some good weight room assistance....He is an absolute bruiser that never gets knocked backwards and he can be awfully nimble on his feet as well

Had another terrific game in the State Championship yesterday and displayed a lot of good things...most definitely do not want to see him land at CSU if we don't give him a shot

LOL. (Literally and Really.)

When Wally comes round, I have HUGE HUGE HUGE scoop for him regarding JS.

Gonna love it.

Thanks for the scoop Alferd. I wasn't intentionally dismissive, but just a little wistful. But I did a backflip or two...literally...

I think his foot speed at the next level will be exposed. He dominated in high school in large part because he has been as big as many of the DL and LBs that he has faced. That will not be the case at the college level.

Especially if Farrow is kept on (which may or may not happen), I think a speed back needs to be targeted if you are going to sign 2 RBs.

I think this stance has been stated for a while now. His speed has always been suspect. That's why most big programs have stayed away from Adonis.

Especially if Farrow is kept on (which may or may not happen), I think a speed back needs to be targeted if you are going to sign 2 RBs.
I believe Farrow will stay on regardless of Hagan. I could be wrong, but its a little late in the game to jump back into recruiting.

I believe Farrow will stay on regardless of Hagan. I could be wrong, but its a little late in the game to jump back into recruiting.

Agree. I am not even sure if we need to sign two RBs anyway, but I would rather go after a speed back if we do. Signing Ameen-Moore does not really add much IMO.

If we were to go after anyone in-state, it would be Dorian Brown. Even with his injury. It's a risk, but one that has a higher upside than AAM offers you.

Speed is nice, but we have a roster full of small speedy RB's...and none of them are really that fast (let's be honest, how often has speedy really outran anyone).....No way in heck that Justin Torres was/is any faster/slower than AAM, yet he was very effective coming in as a true freshman

I know we brought in a bunch of backs last year, and hopefully they are the answer, but we really need a guy to complement the plethora of small backs on the team

Having watched AAM for 4 years, maybe I've got the kool aid visors on....but I firmly believe with the right conditioning coach he could be a star

sure, I'd take Dorian over AMM, but I'd still take AMM. He is a football player. We need a big back, and if things dont work out in the backfield, let him switch positions - I know he's short for the dline, but hey...wasn't Hypolite short in height (started as a FB too right?)?

I personally think it'd be foolish for the new coaching staff not try to sign AMM...guy can play

Like BB said before, with the limited amount of ships available, we should be looking at other positions. UNLESS, we can pull in a top flight RB. I just don't see AAM as being any better than Cordary Allen. Who knows though.

Speed is nice, but we have a roster full of small speedy RB's...and none of them are really that fast (let's be honest, how often has speedy really outran anyone).....No way in heck that Justin Torres was/is any faster/slower than AAM, yet he was very effective coming in as a true freshman

I know we brought in a bunch of backs last year, and hopefully they are the answer, but we really need a guy to complement the plethora of small backs on the team

Having watched AAM for 4 years, maybe I've got the kool aid visors on....but I firmly believe with the right conditioning coach he could be a star
You can't coach speed.

I'm not trying to say we shouldn't recruit AAM because he's not as fast as Speedy. I know these are two totally different backs. I know he's a bigger guy who tends to run through guys in HS. I just don't see him doing this in the PAC 12. He just lacks that second gear that would've probably made him a decent D1 recruit.

I also don't really see how Torres was that effective. He carried the ball 14 times for 60 yards. Most of those yards were vs CSU and Hawaii. 26 yards vs CSU and 32 yards vs Hawaii.

Not trying to slam either kid. JMHO.

Last edited:
Back