What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA QB Shane Dillon (Signed to COLORADO)

Overheard some stuff at practice that the staff wouldn't be surprised if he starts next year. Tyler Bray is a twig and he did alright last year...

Overheard some stuff at practice that the staff wouldn't be surprised if he starts next year. Tyler Bray is a twig and he did alright last year...

i hope so, but it will be tough, may need a red shirt year to learn the playbook, get used to the environment and the coach4es, and also bulk up.

I hate you espin -- not once did they show he was committed to Colorado.

They showed him as a CU commit in the "regionals" show (the first half). I was hoping they'd show a little more about him too....I am glad they showed him wearing the red jersey and that he made his move on Thursday/Friday.

In the classroom settings he is always in the front row. I was a big, huge, Hirschman guy but I'm starting to like the proposition of Dillion being a 4 year starter.

Jordan Wynn was a twig too. Still, I'd like to see him redshirt - starting a frosh QB usually speaks more about the lack of talent on the roster than the ability of the frosh. I hope Hirsch is good enough that it's not even a question.

They showed him as a CU commit in the "regionals" show (the first half). I was hoping they'd show a little more about him too....I am glad they showed him wearing the red jersey and that he made his move on Thursday/Friday.

Only time you can ever say that about a CU commit.

In a perfect world, he redshirts. I think alot of it depends on the guys we have now and their progression. However, if Dillon comes ready, can grasp the offense, and is the best option, he might have to play.

Because of the mental load on QBs, in addition to the physical end of the game you virtually always want them to redshirt to have a year to learn the system and adjust to college ball and college life.

In our case that may not be an option. If Hirschman develops into a quality starting college QB and Dorman or maybe more likely Schrock develop int legitimate back-ups then we may be okay. If not this is a team in transition and can't afford to sacrifice a year due to a lack of QB play. If the other guys can't handle the job and Dillon can then you almost have no choice but to play him. We are still trying to regain credibility with the kind of recuits we need to win and losing games because of QB play is not an option.

Hirschman has a lot of time to work on his game before Dillon gets to campus. What we can't afford is to burn a redshirt - a la Hawk - when it's not necessary to do so. If you burn the redshirt, he needs to start.

Hirschman has a lot of time to work on his game before Dillon gets to campus. What we can't afford is to burn a redshirt - a la Hawk - when it's not necessary to do so. If you burn the redshirt, he needs to start.

Agree with you on this. If Hirschman can do the job then we need to do everything possible to keep the RS intact. If the RS comes off it should only be because Dillon is going to get a lot of playing time. You also can't be jerking QBs around like we have unfortunately seen in over the past few years. The QB needs to know where he stands and the team needs to know where the QB stands, it's not like rotating a defensive end.

I would much prefer that Dillon get a redshirt year. As he develops teams that have a jr QB who is already in his fourth year in the system or a fifth year senior tend to be way ahead of other teams.

The problem is that if not playing Dillon means sacrificing wins then the program can't afford it. For a school that isn't on top of the best recruits dream list every win matters and every loss hurts. I hope that the other guys step up and Dillon can play on his schedule but that may not be an option..

I am guessing Dillon starts as either a RS Soph or RS Junior depending on the success of Hirsch. in the offense. If we lose Dillon this recruiting cycle to a team like Alabama who is still on the prowl or maybe somebody from the Pac 12 we are going to be in a world of hurt. I have said it before but elite college QB's can single handily take you to bowl games. See Jay Cutler and Jake Locker for recent references.

I am guessing Dillon starts as either a RS Soph or RS Junior depending on the success of Hirsch. in the offense. If we lose Dillon this recruiting cycle to a team like Alabama who is still on the prowl or maybe somebody from the Pac 12 we are going to be in a world of hurt. I have said it before but elite college QB's can single handily take you to bowl games. See Jay Cutler and Jake Locker for recent references.

I'm not sure I understand you correctly, but for info, I'm pretty sure Cutler never made it to a college bowl game.

If the coaches think that Dillon can be another Sam Bradford or Andrew Luck (and I think they do), then you start him as a true frosh, deal with the growing pains for a year, and set yourself up as a team that's positioned to win a championship in 2013 and 2014.

If the coaches think that Dillon can be another Sam Bradford or Andrew Luck (and I think they do), then you start him as a true frosh, deal with the growing pains for a year, and set yourself up as a team that's positioned to win a championship in 2013 and 2014.

I have no problems with that.

Not sure about Luck, but Bradford did red-shirt. Sammy B was recruited in the class after RepoMan Bomar, and was real skinny coming out of HS -- he needed the r/s year.

:nod: It's rough. Supposedly Dilfer has his head stuck in a freezer during commercial breaks.

Which head?

Then I take it back. My mistake. Did Barkley start as a true frosh after Sanchez left early?

Everything we've seen about Dillon thus far suggests he's very solid on the Buffs.

I am confident that if Dillon plays next season it will be because he has a grasp of the playbook, has the physical tools, and displays leadership from the onset. In other words he will have flat out earned the starting spot next season if he plays. If it is even close between him and hirschman or shrock for that matter, then I believe he takes the RS.

Back