What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA QB Shane Dillon (Signed to COLORADO)

Who dat AZ mentioned receiver? No info I can find. Jason Gaines, Dillon's favorite target.

When we were looking at the new Dillon film, several members wanted to know who #82 is. He's a basketball player and like a brother to Dillon. We're watching him closely and he could actually figure in as a TE in the DaVaughn Thornton mode.

http://colorado.scout.com/2/1087656.html

11. Shane Dillon, 6'5/185, El Cajon, Calif. - Committed to Colorado

Dillon is one of the taller participants and he has a good upside as he continues to fill out. He's similar to another 2010 Elite 11 member Tyler Bray who signed with Tennessee in 2010 and was pressed into action as a freshman. Dillon has such a long frame that he would get roughly two yards deeper than anyone in his group during his five and seven step drops. He looked extremely comfortable throwing the ball over the middle on slants, posts, and dig routes.

7. Shane Dillon: The Colorado pledge from El Cajon (Calif.) Christian first impressed with his size. The 6-foot-5, 190-pounder has the frame to add a lot of good weight and he already has a strong arm. He was especially good in the drill where he was able to fit the football in the small window the defensive back was giving him on the sideline.

Sounds like Shane's going to make the finals or at least deserves to. You never really know the politics of these things.

But in case there was any doubt regarding whether he is a blue chip QB due to the variance in his rating from service to service, I think this settles it.

Sounds like Shane's going to make the finals or at least deserves to. You never really know the politics of these things.

But in case there was any doubt regarding whether he is a blue chip QB due to the variance in his rating from service to service, I think this settles it.

If anything, some of the services that have him rated a bit lower (Scout and 247 Sports) seem more bullish on him this week than Rivals.

Scout and 247 seem to have liked his performance at the camp, unfortunately I'm not sure about the finals because I've seen very little mention of him on the ESPN rise coverage with the staff interviews. Hope that isn't the case because by all accounts he's had a good performance, but there are a lot of solid guys there this year, even if nobody is head and shoulders on top.

Scout and 247 seem to have liked his performance at the camp, unfortunately I'm not sure about the finals because I've seen very little mention of him on the ESPN rise coverage with the staff interviews. Hope that isn't the case because by all accounts he's had a good performance, but there are a lot of solid guys there this year, even if nobody is head and shoulders on top.
That's cause ESPN is the suck when it comes to recruiting.

Finished 4th today at the Elite 11. Really hope he gets bumped up on all the sites.

4. Shane Dillon – Colorado commit
Dillon hasn’t been a quarterback that has received a lot of mention this week and hasn’t made a Top 11 on 247Sports but that is not to say that he hasn’t had a good week of work. Dillon has been solid and consistent throughout the camp and he put together another quietly strong 7on7 session on Thursday. He has good size and one of the stronger arms in Malibu and he is hanging around as a constant competitor.

http://247sports.com/Article/Elite-11-Thursdays-top-arms-32231

3 of the top 5 were also future Pac 12 QB's.

at the bottom

Wednesday's Xos Best in Film award went to Shane Dillon, further speaking to his productive week in Malibu.

sounds good

I dont understand the other write up. He is not in the 11 or what? can someone clarify?

I am not sure how the naming the Elite 11 works exactly. I do know he has opened some eyes at Scout and 247 Sports. Probably ESPN too.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1088088.html

11. Shane Dillon, Colorado/Previously 11
While it is evident Dillon will need a year in the weight room and access to a training table to fill out, he is more than capable of delivering the ball with plenty of velocity, placing a slant perfectly between three defenders. Given his frame, there may not be another signal-caller present with more upside.

I am guessing that Dillon will move down a bit when it is all said and done in the Rivals rankings, but that he will move up on every other scouting service. Truth be told, he is probably a tad overrated on Rivals anyway. I would put him somewhere between 10-15 in the country. Still a great prospect regardless.

I like that he made it and they constantly talked about how he's just scratching his potential.

When was the last time we had a true elite 11 QB recruit? Ochs? I remember hearing that Cody was an elite 11, but I think that was just him participating in the workouts.

When was the last time we had a true elite 11 QB recruit? Ochs? I remember hearing that Cody was an elite 11, but I think that was just him participating in the workouts.

Cody was a legit participant in the E11.

I know, but did he make the final 11?
Pretty sure he did. Remember - and I'm trying to be diplomatic here because I think Cody is a great buff and a great representative of the university - that Cody's struggles as a QB were when he was under pressure in game situations.

superman_logo.jpg

:nod:

I swear to God if I see anything close to the Clark Evans ****, I will start banning posters.

Back