What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO C Josh Scott (Signed to Colorado)

Holy ****! Someone woke up at 247?!?

Edit -- well, kind of. I've seen at least 2 players already on the list that they have as "uncommitted" who aren't.

Man, I love looking back at the earlier comments that the staff jumped the gun on the offer and should continue to focus on the Cali kids. Scott's just exploded into a consensus high-major recruit this summer! Good to see a local kid getting some love and I also like the early commit. Hopefully he and Gordon set the tone for the next wave of Colorado kids and we clean up in-state in 2014!

I'm hesitant to post this tonight because I don't want it to get buried, but Eric Bossi of Rivals has some real nice things to say (I'll post them all in the "Who's Your Taddy" thread, but this deserves specific mention:

Not sure people nationally realize yet how good Josh Scott could end up being. He outplayed some much more touted bigs head to head.

I think Josh has been recruiting for us too so ill give him an assist on XJ. Seems like Josh is already best friends with the team part of the "Family" that they are.

hey man...I'll happily eat crow about my hesitancy on Scott's committment - I was hoping for a strong summer, and he lived up to it. I still hope fans don't give Scott too much grief if he struggles his freshman season though. He needs some time in my opinion.

hey man...I'll happily eat crow about my hesitancy on Scott's committment - I was hoping for a strong summer, and he lived up to it. I still hope fans don't give Scott too much grief if he struggles his freshman season though. He needs some time in my opinion.

Scott will be an awesome player, but you may be right. I played in the same league as Scott in high school and the difference in competition between what Scott is playing and Xavier is playing cannot be understated. I understand all of these guys play in the same summer leagues, but Scott grew up playing against pretty weak competition, IMO. That said, I am very confident Scott is a future NBA prospect. He has the talent and the work ethic.

Josh is better than that. It will take him a season or two to develop, but he is a NBA talent, IMO.

I'm excited about our recruiting class. I think Talton and Jenkins are AT WORST solid rotation players for us in the future. I think Gordon is going to be a shot blocking menace. I think XJ could very well be an NBA player.

But Scott is the centerpiece of our class and could be something really special over time.

Let's bump this thread in honor of Josh officially becoming a member of the black & gold.

Boyle on Josh Scott "A guy who has improved more than any other player I have seen...We got a commitment before word got out how good he is"

Scott is going to give us post scoring we haven't seen in a long time.

Expanded Boyle comments- "Josh improved more in one year than any other player I have ever recruited, which is very encouraging to see. We recruited him hard and early, and luckily we did because after he recovered from his surgery everyone else in the country quickly realized how talented this player was. He is highly skilled and is a terrific young man who comes from a terrific family. He has a bright future ahead of him, just like all of these recruits."[FONT=Cambria, serif]
[/FONT]

Dave Telep:

Gotta see this. Colorado's Josh Scott uses worlds biggest pen to sign his letter of intent. Btw, this dude is good

Ad161mQCQAAerm7.jpg

Yeah, that's the new profile picture here.

Furk ya. And **** the stupid powder hand clapping entrance everyone is copying these days. He should use that pen to name his score at the scorer's table before every game :lol:

Not only is Scott a good player who is going to get better, not only does he have size that you can't coach, he also has a little brother who he is close to that looks to be developing into a guy who we will definitately want in the future.

As good as this class is, I am getting a feeling that with Tad we are just starting.

Not only is Scott a good player who is going to get better, not only does he have size that you can't coach, he also has a little brother who he is close to that looks to be developing into a guy who we will definitately want in the future.

As good as this class is, I am getting a feeling that with Tad we are just starting.

From what I can see, unless we have a NBA player or someone transfers out by the end of next year, we dont have any scholarship open for Jordan, or any 2013 player for that matter.

Also kind of makes me wonder, I dont think Tad would trap himself in a situation where he cant take anyone in 2013, so maybe Dre is doing good enough right now that hes confident that he'll be leaving for the NBA soon

Back