What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO QB Cyler Miles (Signed to Washington)

**** it. I'm a greedy bastard. I want both Dillon and Miles. When you have a top 20 QB in your own backyard you recruit him every single day until he signs his name in Feb. I think Ebree and Scooter can make it happen.

Plus, anyone who thinks they have a handle on where a kid is going to sign by what a teenager tells some blogger on the net should probably have his head checked. I know we have a small shot at him, but I've seen stranger things happen in recruiting.

Go get'em Embree.:smile2:

Last edited:
:lol:

Of course we can. I'm hoping that the local kid does well at a school outside the Pac-12. I'm very interested in who he commits to on June 3rd.

No inside info, but I'm guessing Illinios. He just seems like a Zook quarterback to me and that dude is to recruiting what Billy Joel is to marrying up.

Yeah, and he is to coaching what Billy Joel is to driving.

Final five of Illinois, Washington, Tennessee, Arkansas and Florida and will decide on June 3rd. Hope it's not Washington.

Well he said he didnt visti arkansas or florida.
i would say illinois zook can recruit he just doesnt coach em up very well and he would have a better shot of playing early there instead of washington.

I never underestimate Ron Zooks ability to recruit, and never give any respect for his ability to coach once a player is signed.

Zook could be gone next year and rumors have Cyler's dad considering things like that. He wouldn't consider CU because it was a new coaching staff/rebuilding project. UCLA or Neuweisel because he's already on the hotseat which could lead to a coaching change. Petrino seems to know how to recruit really well, especially at the QB position and has had some great systems between Louisville and Arkansas. If Miles and his dad are smart, that would be a safe, secure bet.

Arky just got a pretty highly ranked local kid last year. I think Miles is pretty good, but if he goes to Arky or Florida, he's going to end up at WR or something imo. Tennessee could be a good spot for him, although Dooley better get things moving quickly as I doubt those fans are willing to accept a rebuilding project.

Arky just got a pretty highly ranked local kid last year. I think Miles is pretty good, but if he goes to Arky or Florida, he's going to end up at WR or something imo. Tennessee could be a good spot for him, although Dooley better get things moving quickly as I doubt those fans are willing to accept a rebuilding project.

After Kiffin they'll give him time to recruit. Not much, but I could see 2 more years for him. They are tough on their HCs, but they are at least somewhat realistic.

So, Miles' "top five" is actually seven - Colorado; LSU; Florida; Illinois; Washington; Tennessee; and Arkansas.

Good thing he is a great athlete. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for the Buffs this Friday.

Kinda weird that we have a QB, have said we're only considering one, and he's still considering us or lumping us in there.

Kinda weird that we have a QB, have said we're only considering one, and he's still considering us or lumping us in there.

My hunch is that he wants to make it look like he chose to go somewhere else, not that CU chose another QB over him.

Another possibility is that he developed a good enough relationship with Embree and staff that he's paying them back by keeping CU in the recruiting media. There's also the longshot possibility that he has decided that he might want to come to CU as an Athlete and he's legitimately considering that possibility.

I'm fully prepared to apologize to Miles on Friday and kiss his ass for 4 or 5 years if he announces for CU, though. :smile2:

My hunch is that he wants to make it look like he chose to go somewhere else, not that CU chose another QB over him.

Another possibility is that he developed a good enough relationship with Embree and staff that he's paying them back by keeping CU in the recruiting media. There's also the longshot possibility that he has decided that he might want to come to CU as an Athlete and he's legitimately considering that possibility.

I'm fully prepared to apologize to Miles on Friday and kiss his ass for 4 or 5 years if he announces for CU, though. :smile2:

You may be onto something. Cyler is by all reports a pretty intelligent kid. He may have a dream to play in the NFL which is stronger than his dream to play QB at the college level. With the amount of NFL experience our coaching staff has, what better place to make a position change and develop to his full potential.

I wonder, despite what some people here say, if Cyler wanted to be a buff but also wanted to be courted around. Embree needed to make sure we had a blue chip QB and wasn't willing to wait. Now Cyler thinks he might have missed his boat.

I really hope that either Cyler finds a nice fit on the buffs whether that fit is at QB or another position or that Cyler finds a happy home to play QB that isn't in the Pac12.

I really want to see him as a buff.

I wonder, despite what some people here say, if Cyler wanted to be a buff but also wanted to be courted around. Embree needed to make sure we had a blue chip QB and wasn't willing to wait. Now Cyler thinks he might have missed his boat.

I really hope that either Cyler finds a nice fit on the buffs whether that fit is at QB or another position or that Cyler finds a happy home to play QB that isn't in the Pac12.

I really want to see him as a buff.

This. At first, I was thinking "the kid can't make up his mind" but I would love to see him as a Buff. He would compete for QB, but has the talent to get to the NFL in another position. Either way, he wins, we win. I like it.

he may be smart, but he clearly has wanderlust and is intrigued by all the big names. You can tell with his interviews. perhaps he is throwing CU a bone by keeping them in his discussion, but there is just no way he's coming here. nothing points to it. Big name school or bust.

Considering that LSU wasn't on his radar a week ago, and now they are in his list of top schools, I'm guessing they may be making a strong late push.

His recruitment is really weird. He hasn't visited much of his final 5 and his final group doesn't seem to match his criteria

Back