What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO QB Cyler Miles (Signed to Washington)

I know my first post here.
But I couldn't take it any longer. It's nice to have dreams of grandeur for HS players. But this Cyler Miles thing is getting out of control. Can we let him finish his HS career before we give him the Heisman for the next 3-4 years and then winning 5-6 Super bowls as a pro? Is he a gifted Athlete? Yes, Will he play at the next level (D1)? Yes.
Where ever he decides to go I wish him well. Study hard, play hard, and learn. It doesn't get any easier from here on out.
Can we let him finish HS before we anoint him the next Joe Montana, Big Ben or god forbid Ryan Leaf

Can we let him finish HS before we anoint him the next Joe Montana, Big Ben or god forbid Ryan Leaf

Clearly, as he's not going to CU, he won't ever reach the heights of those quarterbacks. Now, if he were going to CU, obviously he'd be the next Chuck Norris. Or better. We've seen it happen before.

Clearly, as he's not going to CU, he won't ever reach the heights of those quarterbacks. Now, if he were going to CU, obviously he'd be the next Chuck Norris. Or better. We've seen it happen before.

dont you dare start you son of a bitch!!!

Carson Palmer left USC after 2002
Matt Castle left USC after 2004
Matt Leinart left USC after 2005

Norm Chow left USC in the spring of 2005 (right before Leinart's final year).
Steve Sarkisian was on his own at USC in 2006-2008. He was with the Raiders in 2004. He was the QB coach in 2002-2003, under Chow.

Certainly he was instrumental in the development of Leinart and Sanchez, and helped "finish" Locker.

Jake Locker was named 2007 Freshman Second-team All-America http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Locker#cite_note-8and was named Pac-10 Freshman of the Year. He played 2 years at QB for a pitiful team, but was already highly regarded as a QB before Sark's arrival.

Hmm, so he chooses a school who already has a 4-star QB committed to them and whose football program isin't any better then CU.

UW did win a bowl last year, check your facts.

So did Northern Illinois, Florida International, and Troy. Whats your point?

UW isin't terrible but if a kid is going to leave the state id prefer it be for a school that isin't on par with or worse then CU. If we can't be out Central Florida and Washington how are we suppose to be out the bigger programs. It's just frustrating. I don't think we will see a 4-star player from Washington who has a UW offer come to CU anytime soon and yet...

Well did CU go to a bowl last year? They're better than us and just had a top 10 QB drafted in Locker. Cu while, played a 5'10" QB who had to jump to see over the line.

I don't see this as really losing to UW. Not that we were looking good for Cyler, at any point really, but us taking Dillon essentially meant we weren't taking Miles.

I wish Miles committed to us 3 months ago, but he didn't. We got a guy that might be a better fit for our system and I couldn't be happier. Miles can have fun battling Joe Montana's kid and a local hero for the QB job in Seattle.

If we want to land the top in-state prospects, we need to show improvement yearly, and that's what UW has done. But it's also not like we're being left in the dust with nothing, we have Dillon who I think is a better fit and has more upside.

Well did CU go to a bowl last year? They're better than us and just had a top 10 QB drafted in Locker. Cu while, played a 5'10" QB who had to jump to see over the line.

That's so narrow minded. They had a better record then us so their automatically the better choice of schools? I guess Paulay Asiata and Stephan Nembot didin't get that memo.

It wasn't that long ago that UW went 0-12, but they've shown constant improvement under Sark going 5-7 then 7-6 and winning a bowl. And once again, we didn't get left out in the dust and we still have Dillon,, which is probably a good reason as to why Miles is heading to UW as of now.

Yes, do you realize that Embree probably told Miles to go find somewhere else and told Dillon that he'd be the only QB we take? Not sure why it's a big deal to lose Miles when we already have a QB commited.

Any of you guys think Miles verbaled to UW partially to get a chance to beat CU for taking Dillon instead of him?

Yes, do you realize that Embree probably told Miles to go find somewhere else and told Dillon that he'd be the only QB we take? Not sure why it's a big deal to lose Miles when we already have a QB commited.

With Dillon committed it's not that big of a deal (although it would be nice to have both of them). And as you said Dillon's committment may have been partially dependent on him being the only QB in the class. It's just annoying to see another in state blue chip player leave and in the case go to a school that isin't and elite program and that also already has a QB committment.

I could care less about if we lock the border, we just need to get the best talent we can and if happens to be from Colorado, so be it but it's going to take a while to reverse the last 5 years of CU football when the last time we were worth a damn was when these kids were 6 or 7 year old.

Any of you guys think Miles verbaled to UW partially to get a chance to beat CU for taking Dillon instead of him?

Not at all. We offered Miles early and he could have committed to us before Dillon but he didn't and that is fine its his choice and we already have a great commit. Miles obviously wasn't interested so fine if he wants to go play in the rain so be it. I'll look forward to the Buffs kicking U-Dubs ass in the future with Dillon. On the bright side it probably increases our security holding on to Dillon now.

That is a pretty good choice for Miles. Sucks to lose another CO kid to a Pac-12 opponent, but I can see Sarkisian and his staff being attractive to top recruits.

Disappointing that he's at another Pac 12 school. Kinda like that basketball player from Denver who went to Cal - I hate to think what this kid is going to to CU. It would have bee preferable to have him go to a school that would not be playing CU on a quasi-regular basis.

I'm wondering if it's such a good move for UW, frankly. One of these two kids is going to end up sitting on the bench for 2 years and then transferring. Meanwhile, they've tied up a scholarship. The more I study this, the more I'm convinced that you take one quarterback per year. No more. Do that and you'll always have 4-5 quarterbacks on the squad all spread out between RS Freshmen and Seniors. If you bunch up your QB recruiting, you're in for problems down the road.

I'm wondering if it's such a good move for UW, frankly. One of these two kids is going to end up sitting on the bench for 2 years and then transferring. Meanwhile, they've tied up a scholarship. The more I study this, the more I'm convinced that you take one quarterback per year. No more. Do that and you'll always have 4-5 quarterbacks on the squad all spread out between RS Freshmen and Seniors. If you bunch up your QB recruiting, you're in for problems down the road.

You absolutely want 4-5 scholarship QBs on your roster at any one time.

UW currently has 2-3. RS Fresh Nick Montana, RS Soph Keith Price, and incoming true freshman Derrick Brown. This in no way should cause problems down the road. UW is still rebuilding from the Willingham-error and is a couple classes away from being loaded at every position.

Back