What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 NJ CB Yuri Wright (Signed to Colorado)

I don't know anything about "what" he tweeted about. He got kicked out of school for that? I'd hope not! I'm just not liking what I've seen so far from this guy. I think we'd be better off having Crawley.

I take it you haven't read any of Crawley's tweets.

The comment that he was bored? Uh ok that's a great reason. There hasn't been confirmation that he got kicked out. And a thugness? Dear lord I hope you weren't a CU fan in the 90's because the team wasn't exactly a group of choir boys.

True. I was a fan then too. I'd be happy to get this kid if he can keep out of trouble. I care about W's more than anything. I'm totally a fan of having a level of "nastiness" on the team. But ON the field. I thought I read that it was confirmed (who knows). If he was, than he might not even be eligible.

You're not liking what you see in him because he basically has his choice of any school in the country and doesn't know where to go, he tweets about vagina, and what else did I miss?

You missed the anti Semitic tweets apparently.

Seriously, I don't see anything in his tweets that would give me too much concern as a player. The comment about the Jewish lady getting splashed, and his immaturity/lack of education regarding orgasms, are probably the cause for some slight concern, but there wasn't anything in there that would indicate he's a bad kid, or would get in trouble in college.

He used some salty language which made its way to a public forum. Big deal. He essentially said what every other 18 year old boy says. Difference is that he's a public figure due to his recruiting status, and his comments made it to the masses. Every one of us did stupid things at 18, and I'm sure we're all happy that event didn't find its way into the newspaper. Part of being a kid is learning from mistakes. You judge a kid by how he reacts and learns, not by what he did.

Seriously, I don't see anything in his tweets that would give me too much concern as a player. The comment about the Jewish lady getting splashed, and his immaturity/lack of education regarding orgasms, are probably the cause for some slight concern, but there wasn't anything in there that would indicate he's a bad kid, or would get in trouble in college.

He used some salty language which made its way to a public forum. Big deal. He essentially said what every other 18 year old boy says. Difference is that he's a public figure due to his recruiting status, and his comments made it to the masses. Every one of us did stupid things at 18, and I'm sure we're all happy that event didn't find its way into the newspaper. Part of being a kid is learning from mistakes. You judge a kid by how he reacts and learns, not by what he did.
I believe the proper term is: organism.

Not another "First Date" thread!

Wait - that's not true?

So that automatically means he hates Jewish people?

You're reaching dude. I said it was anti Semitic tweet and I think it was. Anyway, as everyone else has pointed out, it is unfortunate that this stuff leaked and I'm not sure it means much other than this kid needs to grow up and realize that the ball game has changed a bit for him. We've all had those moments in life.

I think it means he hates dry Jewish people...
Wouldn't it be wet since he laughed?

Anyway, this is being blown way out of proportion and the guy that did this (allegedly) is a complete hack who is actually pissing off Michigan coaches and high school coaches and UM fans don't want to claim him as their own (stolen from MB post).

I think it means he hates dry Jewish people...
The Priceline guy dies Monday. LOL

Oh and FWIW some of those tweets were from rap songs. Good thing he didn't tweet any Tyler the Creator :lol: (go look up Tron Cat if you don't know who that is, or Sandwiches, or Yonkers)

You're reaching dude. I said it was anti Semitic tweet and I think it was. Anyway, as everyone else has pointed out, it is unfortunate that this stuff leaked and I'm not sure it means much other than this kid needs to grow up and realize that the ball game has changed a bit for him. We've all had those moments in life.

Come on man...those are some pretty strong words. I would think its only anti-Semitic if they want out of their way to splash her on purpose because she was Jewish. Would he be racist if he laughed after his dad splashed a black woman?

Point being, you don't know what happened. Maybe his dad stopped and felt the need to dry her off. Maybe his dad tried to go out of his way to NOT splash her and did anyhow. Maybe there was a hilarious chain of events preceding the event? Who knows.

I couldn't care less any more. Give me any player as long as they haven't committed a felony. I'm tired of losing and a player like Yuri helps us win

Come on man...those are some pretty strong words. I would think its only anti-Semitic if they want out of their way to splash her on purpose because she was Jewish. Would he be racist if he laughed after his dad splashed a black woman?

Point being, you don't know what happened. Maybe his dad stopped and felt the need to dry her off. Maybe his dad tried to go out of his way to NOT splash her and did anyhow. Maybe there was a hilarious chain of events preceding the event? Who knows.
Sounds a lot like those dumb Indians who don't have the mental capacity to know the sports mascots are demeaning and need someone else to look out for their interests.

Sounds a lot like those dumb Indians who don't have the mental capacity to know the sports mascots are demeaning and need someone else to look out for their interests.

I thought it was the libs that want teams to change the names?

I couldn't care less any more. Give me any player as long as they haven't committed a felony. I'm tired of losing and a player like Yuri helps us win

Players like Givens and Katoa and Simas and... were all supposed to help us win. I am not suggesting that Wright is going to end up like them but I don't like the attitude of just recruiting any player who will help on paper.

I will trust the coaching staff on this one since I am getting the impression they are being demanding with the players they are recruiting.

Describing someone as a Jew is not anti-semitic. That's all Yuri did. People should not assume any intent beyond that. It's unfair.

Can we get back to recruiting, please?

It sounds like we are pressuring Yuri to commit to the Buffs. If he doesn't pull the trigger, I think we're moving on.

Players like Givens and Katoa and Simas and... were all supposed to help us win. I am not suggesting that Wright is going to end up like them but I don't like the attitude of just recruiting any player who will help on paper.

I will trust the coaching staff on this one since I am getting the impression they are being demanding with the players they are recruiting.
Then why bring them up?

Back