What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO TE Mitchell Parsons (Transfer to CSU from Vanderbilt)

Barnett had the same policy on visits.

He did. I do not even necessarily have an issue with the policy.

But it now means the staff needs to find another quality TE prospect. If they strike out, it is all on them.

He did. I do not even necessarily have an issue with the policy.

But it now means the staff needs to find another quality TE prospect. If they strike out, it is all on them.

I have an issue with it when the team is as bad as it is now.

I thought Barney's policy was that if a committed player visited another school, then his scholarship was no longer being held. i.e, we don't consider him committed, but we'd still try to recruit him.

This seems more like, if you commit to us and then take visits, you can't come back never no more ever again no.

The first one is ok with me, the second one is most definitely not.

'13 CO TE Mitchell Parsons

Hoke has this policy at Michigan as well, it's not that uncommon.

Lol at comparing CU to UM. Michigan is a top 5 historical program and has an AD willing to do what it takes to win. Instate talent is plentiful and you have Ohio right across the border for other kids.

I don't care about what Bama and USC and UM are doing when CU is in the complete ****ter. What are Indiana and Duke doing? Those are our FB peers, regardless of what anyone else thinks at this very moment

I thought Barney's policy was that if a committed player visited another school, then his scholarship was no longer being held. i.e, we don't consider him committed, but we'd still try to recruit him.

That was how I thought Barnett's policy worked too. Didn't he use the taking a girl to prom analogy?

Your verbal committment to come here is like you telling a girl you're taking her to the prom.

If you say you're going to prom with a girl, it's bad form to be all flirty with other girls. Your girl is going to the prom, and she wants to go with you. But she's going to Prom regardless. If you want to flirt, don't be surprised when your date agrees to go to prom with somebody else and you're stuck at home playing with your thingy.

Sorry, just don't agree with blaming the coaches here. He chose to commit. It was his choice to do it. Going on visits after the fact isn't being committed. Maybe he blows up down the road but I'm sure a bunch of good schools saw him like UW and OU, and they didn't offer. Sounds like he made a mistake and overestimated his worth.

Sorry, just don't agree with blaming the coaches here. He chose to commit. It was his choice to do it. Going on visits after the fact isn't being committed. Maybe he blows up down the road but I'm sure a bunch of good schools saw him like UW and OU, and they didn't offer. Sounds like he made a mistake and overestimated his worth.
Yeah it's totally ok to tell your top prospect he's not committed anymore because he wants to take visits after this abortion of a season...

Well Embo is not going to the prom or a bowl game or anyplace special any time soon, It's stupid to drop Parsons.

Apparently, when Mitch said he'd like the experience of going on a couple recruiting visits that prompted a phone call telling him that if made that choice that CU would no longer be interested in him. He didn't drop CU, CU dropped him. This happened last year with a player, that player tried to come back to CU, and he was told "no". You have to assume this is over and wish Mitch the best.

This would be a great policy if we weren't absolutely piss poor at recruiting. Embree and EB are complete failures at every level as far as I am concerned. You have to "woo" 4 star kids and keep "wooing them" If they decide to snoop around you just keep "wooing" them.

Embree and EB specifically flipped Mustoe and Powell from UCLA. They have to understand that sometimes kids waver. You just can't have a policy where the kid is shown the door.

Especially if the kid verbally commits way earlier in the process and then you completely suck at life as a program. When that happens you
need to have some leniency. But hey here's to 3 yard swing passes to our slow ass WR's again next year.

They must like the progress of the young TEs' on scholarship. Parsons is a very good player, but I do like Hobbs and Ray. I can't fault the staff for their policy, he should stand by his word, once you commit, stop the visits.

Last edited:
They must like the progress of the young TEs' on scholarship. Parsons is a very good player, but I do like Hobbs and Ray. I can't fault the staff for their policy, he should stand by his word, once you commit, stop the visits.
Can't have it both ways! If he should stick to his word then CU needs not ever contact a recruit who had committed to another school! Leave the kid alone he did nothing but change his mind like most of us have done at some point in our lives! From what I have seen and heard he was left no option but to decommit as well.

What about the coaches saying Sefo is the only QB they are taking yet they are recruiting Kilinski despite no apparent wavering from Sefo? It's a two way street and CU is in no position to be turning kids away like Mitch, Rippy, Willingham, and whomever else.

One big positive about this policy is that it seems to be keeping Bobo from making an OV to Idaho.

Yes that is true. I like Barnett's way. no reason why we shouldn't be still recruiting Parsons. None

Can't have it both ways! If he should stick to his word then CU needs not ever contact a recruit who had committed to another school! Leave the kid alone he did nothing but change his mind like most of us have done at some point in our lives! From what I have seen and heard he was left no option but to decommit as well.

As long as they make it known to recruits that once you commit, and you take visits, you risk having your scholarship offer withdrawn, I have no problem with what Embree is doing.

'13 CO TE Mitchell Parsons

As long as they make it known to recruits that once you commit, and you take visits, you risk having your scholarship offer withdrawn, I have no problem with what Embree is doing.

Like Sefo?

You gotta wonder what happens with Mr. Parsons once the new coaching staff is in place.

Even if it wasn't Teford if the new staff if half-way intelligent Mr. Parsons is at the top of their call list.

You gotta wonder what happens with Mr. Parsons once the new coaching staff is in place.
I was wondering the exact same thing. It seems that Mitch would love to play for CU, but he is smart enough to see the writing on the wall and note that CU was probably never going to be competitive during his playing years at CU.

If we make a good hire, I think he is definitely in play.

Love to have you Mitch! Please be patient with CU while they search for a new coach.

sounds like he loved his visit to ole miss.

Yep

"It was one of the best weekends of my life so far. I loved everything about it with the atmosphere, the team, and the coaches. I probably would have committed if my family had gone down with me but I went by myself. I am going down on Dec. 7 with my parents and we'll see how that goes."

Back