What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TX ILB Grant Watanabe (Signed to COLORADO)

My vote for nickname is "Krazee-Eyez Killa"

i

Imagine being a quarterback and looking over the line before the snap and seeing that staring back at you. I'd be sh***ing my pants.

Buffzone write up

The first player with his letter in on this cold February day is Texas defender, tackling monster Grant Watanabe. The San Antonio area product helped Brennan get to the 4A championship game, where he took MVP honors despite playing on a broken foot. Watanabe could see time as a true freshman at the inside linebacker position. Run stopper who hits, Watanabe's nickname is "What A Boom."

If that gets out, expect to hear "BOOOOOOOMMMMM" anytime he gets a sack or a pick, or a big tackle.

Hate to be a buzz kill w/ the good news we got today but anyone see this?

Sucks although not entirely surprising. He had significant injury with a long rehab time.

Feet are problematic. Probably much better to take the time and make sure he is completely healed up rather than push it and risk re-injury.

So is he read shirting or greyshirting? He tweeted something today that made it sound like he wasn't coming till January. This is BY FAR my favorite kid in the class. Don't want to see things fall through.

I assume this is only due to his need to further heal from his injury? Grant keep your spirits up, Buff nation will wait to get 4 years of the Watanabe wrecking ball.

Discussed earlier in the thread. He finished last season playing with a Liz Frank injury to the foot, can't even imagine how painful that must have been, more proof that he is some kind of tough kid.

Looking forward to seeing him smashing people in a Buffs uniform but think it's a very good idea giving that injury sufficient time to heal. Seems like if foot injuries aren't taken care of right they never get right.

229c762ef7af3511c782e4de34b41b39.jpg

Kids going to be a freak for us next year with Gilliam and KO. Already 235.

Ps. His bone structure looks good.

He had his surgery in August. Adam did an interview with him recently, they are just being real careful with the boot.

From phone

Back