What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CO OT Tim Lynott (Signed to COLORADO)

Receuits care about winning games and positioning themselves for pro ball. Cloud cover is about as low on the checklist as those who think Boulder's rock climbing and organic markets play a role in landing guys.

RIP Wild Oats 1987-2007

Correlation implies causation.

I think that Lynott taking his time benefits CU. It means he's not getting "starstruck" with some of the offers and, probably more importantly, CU will hold a spot for him while some of our competition will not.

https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1638914

"I think I want to take officials to Oregon, Arizona State, Colorado, UCLA and possibly Kansas State," Lynott said. "I'm thinking about committing sometime during October. It depends, though. October just sounds like a good time to do it, so I'm going to take the officials when I can."

Does the fact that OSU didn't make the list even after his unofficial visit say something about whether he felt at home in the Pacific Northwest? I hope so. Regarding the order he listed his OVs, it was alphabetical with Oregon first. But the Ducks may have gotten that placement due to the interview being a follow-up to his unofficial visit there.

I think that Lynott taking his time benefits CU. It means he's not getting "starstruck" with some of the offers and, probably more importantly, CU will hold a spot for him while some of our competition will not.

"I think I want to take officials to Oregon, Arizona State, Colorado, UCLA and possibly Kansas State," Lynott said. "I'm thinking about committing sometime during October. It depends, though. October just sounds like a good time to do it, so I'm going to take the officials when I can."

Does the fact that OSU didn't make the list even after his unofficial visit say something about whether he felt at home in the Pacific Northwest? I hope so. Regarding the order he listed his OVs, it was alphabetical with Oregon first. But the Ducks may have gotten that placement due to the interview being a follow-up to his unofficial visit there.

I think you're reading a lot into that.

I remain optimistic that he'll be a Buff. I have little choice in the matter. If I allow myself to be discouraged because he accepted an all expense paid trip to Eugene, I'll be discouraged a lot. Oregon is at the top of the mountain now, but that doesn't mean they are invincible, especially when it comes to recruiting kids from Colorado.

If you're an elite talent the school you want will have room for you regardless of when you commit. Why commit so soon and have future OVs to other schools discouraged when you can enjoy the fall weather taking in the campuses of several schools and be treated like royalty?

If you're an elite talent the school you want will have room for you regardless of when you commit. Why commit so soon and have future OVs to other schools discouraged when you can enjoy the fall weather taking in the campuses of several schools and be treated like royalty?

Some possible explanations...

-Need to work on academics, a lot tougher to do while being in the thick of the recruiting process
-Want to focus on his HS senior year of football
-Already a fan or has seen what he needed to see to pull the trigger
-Help recruit other talent to the school (probably more common for QBs)

A player can still take OVs if he's committed to a team (well, depending on the teams commit policy), but there's good reasons for committing early.

Lynott's not an elite prospect. High 3* type. He'll have a lot of great offers, but he's not at the level.

Alphabetical?? Nik if I didn't know any better I'd ask you how much that Nebraska education cost you. :smile2:

Exactly. The last one was an outlier to the list, so it doesn't belong as part of the alphabetical. The first one, I explained.

Well, you could also say that the University of California Los Angeles should be before the University of Colorado.

If this happens... It would change the perception of our program almost overnight. Recruits would take notice when a kid with offers to ASU, UCLA, and Oregon among others chose to stay home.

If this happens... It would change the perception of our program almost overnight. Recruits would take notice when a kid with offers to ASU, UCLA, and Oregon among others chose to stay home.
He would be a big commit without a doubt. That said, I am not sure it would have as big an impact on other recruits as what you are saying. It may turn an instate head or two, but I can't see recruits in other states really taking notice when a talented instate guy commits to CU. Best case scenario is that he starts a trend of the top instate o linemen staying in state.

He would be a big commit without a doubt. That said, I am not sure it would have as big an impact on other recruits as what you are saying. It may turn an instate head or two, but I can't see recruits in other states really taking notice when a talented instate guy commits to CU. Best case scenario is that he starts a trend of the top instate o linemen staying in state.

The new normal. Works for me!

That could have just as big of an impact imo.

Back