What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CO OT Tim Lynott (Signed to COLORADO)

Pedo State hasn't been in the picture for a while now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given where we are as a program, him choosing CU would be huge. Please, please, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just a shell shocked CU fan who doesn't expect good things. Well, I shouldn't say that exactly. I think we are going to get it turned around, but I am mentally fragile. Maybe instead of saying "I don't expect good things", I should say "I expect bad things to happen."

I'm just a shell shocked CU fan who doesn't expect good things. Well, I shouldn't say that exactly. I think we are going to get it turned around, but I am mentally fragile. Maybe instead of saying "I don't expect good things", I should say "I expect bad things to happen."

That's part of what is being turned around. Case in point is the facilities. After dealing with a decade + of plans, then a few years of an "announcement of a coming announcement" with no tangible progress... all of a sudden we see demolition complete, concrete being poured, and the recycling buildings behind the NE corner ready for demolition and relocation this week.

Same things could be said about other things like adding a sport (WLAX) and achieving a winning record in its first year. For previous years, our only announcements about the varsity sports mix had been the loss of programs.

And then with the other things with football, we actually got new scoreboards last year. This year, loge seats in the North end zone will be in place for a better stadium setup. We have professional football coaches and a professional AD earning salaries on par with peers. We had zero attrition from the 2013 recruiting class (amazing for any program). We've got a cutting edge training staff for the first time that has an unparalleled track record of keeping players healthy and a new world-class sports training facility going in as part of the new project.

We've got a basketball program capable of losing its star player and still able to weather that to play .500 conference ball, advance in the Pac-12 tournament, and make the Dance. We've got programs that had previously struggled like Soccer and Volleyball advancing all the way to the Sweet 16. Traditional CU powers like XC and Ski continue to win conference and national titles.

I know we're pretty beaten down from all the mismanagement of the football program for at least a decade prior to the past year and a half, but the truth is that CU athletics is on an upward trajectory across the board. The next shoe to drop needs to be keeping the best in-state talent home to join with the previous in-state misses who have seen what is going on and decided to return home (Shane Callahan and Jaleel Awini).

Lynott is a player whose commitment to CU would send a clear message that validates all the positive things happening in football and the larger athletic department.

I'm like the guy who was beaten as a kid and who flinches when someone suddenly reaches out for a hand shake. :lol:

UCLA is the clear leader for a 4* OG out of Oklahoma. Considering they already have Tevita Halalilo in the fold, they might be done with interior OL with such a small class.

I'm like the guy who was beaten as a kid and who flinches when someone suddenly reaches out for a hand shake. :lol:

You are not like the guy who was beaten, you are the guy who was beat and beat bad.

Oregon took two OL commits over the weekend, now have four total. Are they done?

UCLA may have three OL commits by the end of the month. Will they be done?

pray.gif

[tweet]481511923184177152[/tweet]

Timmeh!

I hope he likes what he sees.
We certainly have an advantage over other programs in his ability to come up with pops on a more regular basis. Between Callahan, Middlemiss and Lynott we would be making MAJOR progress towards keeping the best OL in state to be part of our return to dominance.

We certainly have an advantage over other programs in his ability to come up with pops on a more regular basis. Between Callahan, Middlemiss and Lynott we would be making MAJOR progress towards keeping the best OL in state to be part of our return to dominance.

Add Miller and Holland to that mix and our OL could take on a decidedly Colorado flavor to it in the next few years. It may be critical mass. Build an effective OL with a lot of Colorado kids and it makes it much easier to sell the next classes of Colorado kids on coming in and being a part of it.

Add Miller and Holland to that mix and our OL could take on a decidedly Colorado flavor to it in the next few years. It may be critical mass. Build an effective OL with a lot of Colorado kids and it makes it much easier to sell the next classes of Colorado kids on coming in and being a part of it.

Its worked for Wisconsin

Colorado and Wisconsin have one thing in common, well fed young football players who get it done in the trenches.
Not sure how I left off Holland from the list. I like him too! Totally agree. The strange thing is our OL has been one of our weakest links for some time yet it is the only position where BCS quality can be found in Colorado almost every year. I like the Wisconsin comparison even though our offense is not an in the trenches line em up and bowl em over model.

Still, the OL plays a critical role and we should be very strong in that area by not letting the best go out of state. Homegrown Colorado boys should be drawn to a tradition of strong OL at CU that go to the NFL (we certainly haven´t been bad about sending the few in'state OL that come to CU get to the next level).

HCMM promised he would pay more than lip service to recruiting in state and he is certainly fulfilling that promise with his efforts on the OL. Tim, CU needs you!

Lynott is as important as a single recruit gets.

I hate to see stuff like this, because it's kind of sad that our program's future rests on signing a 17 year old guard from Aurora... But it's definitely true. Locking him down, and fending off Oregon in the process would be huge.

I hate to see stuff like this, because it's kind of sad that our program's future rests on signing a 17 year old guard from Aurora... But it's definitely true. Locking him down, and fending off Oregon in the process would be huge.
Not sure that Nik is trying to say that the future of the CU football program rests on Lynott´s decision. I think he is saying that Lynott´s signature is arguably the most important recruit we have for the 2015 class. Might be hard to argue with that logic.

Back