What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

1990 Throwback Jerseys Now Available!

The one they held up in the video is much closer. Yes it has the font, but the Colorado is much bigger so I think they will look nice. However, the picture of the jersey you can buy...the lettering is WAY to small and the gold stripe on the sleeve is way to small.

Is it a Nike thing - the fact that you can't actually buy a replica jersey that actually is a real replica? Remember how bad the first jerseys they released were when we went to the new ones? Those were awful...no offense to anyone who bought one.

I also agree with whoever said that CU is missing the boat - they could make a fortune if they offered customized jerseys, or a good selection of jerseys with various numbers from the 90 team. Hagan jerseys would be flying off of the shelves...

Who is the idiot that is in charge of selling CU stuff? How could they make the COLORADO so small like that? I have to say I am beyond pissed! They can't do anything right up there... Sad!

That's a fine looking jersey. No stupid crap on the shoulders. No junk along the seams. I'm getting one. Possibly more. My birthday is coming up. Who's pitching in to get me one of those bad boys? I'll take a #3 in XL, please.
I'm with you, our new uniforms make us look like a softball team.
jersey_CU..jpg
What are those things on the shoulders, tampons?

I assume this is what we will be wearing for select home games this fall, to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of our National Championship season: http://www.footballfanatics.com/COL...oes__Number_1_Replica_Football_Jersey_-_Black

thumb.aspx

Would it have killed Nike to add a "Big 8" Patch on the sleeves?!

Okay, it's not a perfect replica, but it is a damn fine looking jersey. Damn fine.

Regarding the "1". Do you think it's a nod to our final ranking in the season that inspired this quasi-throwback style? Just wondering.

From CUBuffs.com video:

0BxEgIHv7R4GVNTc5MWIzMWQtZTdlNi00YjQ0LTg0MTItYmQ1NTRkY2QxM2Zm

This definitely looks better than the crap nike is trying to push. Me likey!!

Last edited:
So is someone making an accurate 90 style jersey or is it just this nike crap above with the mini COLORADO? I still agree it is light years ahead of what we have been wearing since about 1995 but geez, it's like hiking a 14er and stopping 50 feet short of the summit and saying "good enough".

I'm with you, our new uniforms make us look like a softball team.
View attachment 5007
What are those things on the shoulders, tampons?

Nike has been committing uniformus interruptus now for quite a while. Just look at the visual abominations those poor saps at Oregon have to wear. They look like escapees from Oscar De La Renta's experimental studio.

I keep seeing references to how bad the jerseys have been since the mid nineties. Someone tell what was wrong with these again?

colorado-chris-brown.jpg

The jerseys during the GB years were clean and classic.

Nothing! That is the best football uniform i've ever seen. That much better when contrasted with corn's clown suits.

I keep seeing references to how bad the jerseys have been since the mid nineties. Someone tell what was wrong with these again?

colorado-chris-brown.jpg

italics are for pussies! Compared to what we had in the late 80s and early 90s this is horrible. We had the best uniforms in all of football back then, then NIKE gives us money and they have been tinkering with them ever since and killing any tradition we had going while we were winning. If it isn't broke, dont fix it.

italics are for pussies! Compared to what we had in the late 80s and early 90s this is horrible. We had the best uniforms in all of football back then, then NIKE gives us money and they have been tinkering with them ever since and killing any tradition we had going while we were winning. If it isn't broke, dont fix it.

I prefer the pre-Nike ones as well. However, the ones from the GB era circa 2001 were good simple jerseys. Light years better than the Oregon-esque ones we have now. If conferences were picked by the look of jersey's we'd be in the WAC.

i hate the new ones, but i thought Barney's were tight. i liked Barney's minus the introduction of the pajama all-whites better than some of the goofy LED alarm clock numbers of the Neu era. but, even those were sweet mack daddy compared to this last Nike "redo". was that REALLY the best they could do?

Rep. These are my favorite CU unis. All black, not much else. Love it.

colorado-chris-brown.jpg

colorado-chris-brown.jpg

QUICK - somebody show his picture to Hawkins. It might help him to know what a fullback is for and why they are a good idea.

DH: No need for fullbacks, running game or blocking in general. As long as my son is behind center he will get rid of the ball as quickly and with extreme velocity and accuracy. You do know he has grown to 5' 11 1/2" (call him 6') since he has been here and runs as fast or faster than TH.

I wish we could have stuck with these:

View attachment 5008

...nothing better than the color of stale urine (sorry "Whizzer")

The true downfall was in 99 (maybe 98) when we wore those urine colored jerseys with black helmets for that night game against I think it was Kstate. Yikes those were horrible! That was when I realized NIKE had the CU brand hostage.

The true downfall was in 99 (maybe 98) when we wore those urine colored jerseys with black helmets for that night game against I think it was Kstate. Yikes those were horrible! That was when I realized NIKE had the CU brand hostage.

was against Baylor, I think. what i don't get is all the other unis on campus are pretty sweet, men and women's hoops, track, soccer, club hockey (nice), but the football uni's latest Nike iteration was just plain horrible. the gold pant and helmet aren't even CLOSE to matching. this is the biggest sport design company in the world...and it's just shoddy stuff. the shoulder pads deals? the geometry thing on the pant?

Last edited:
was against Baylor, I think. what i don't get is all the other unis on campus are pretty sweet, men and women's hoops, track, soccer, club hockey (nice), but the football uni's latest Nike iteration was just plain horrible. the gold pant and helmet aren't even CLOSE to matching. this is the biggest sport design company in the world...and it's just shoddy stuff. the shoulder pads deals? the geometry thing on the pant?

Yeah, the thing that really bugs me though is we have tons of statues and permanent stuff around campus with the bold CU in the buffalo logo and packed full of tradition and now they are forcing us to use the italics stuff. I just hope they don't start putting permanent stuff on campus with the italics in it.

Another example is the COLORADO on the south end zone ramp. Are they going to change that to italics too?

My hope is once the nike contract expires the school takes back their brand and doesn't whore it out so that we lose control over it.

Last edited:
Yeah, the thing that really bugs me though is we have tons of statues and permanent stuff around campus with the bold CU in the buffalo logo and packed full of tradition and now they are forcing us to use the italics stuff. I just hope they don't start putting permanent stuff on campus with the italics in it.

:stupid:

I don't like the italicized "CU" or the new italicized Ralphie logo as much as the tradition block-style ones we had before.

I love the italicized stuff, from the wordmark to the interlock to the Ralphie logo. That was a GREAT update.

Now, just lose the current uniforms and go with the throwbacks and we'd be all set.

Back