What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 MBB Coaching Carousel

Not optimistic hiring a Big Sky coach is the answer for Oregon State. Is he another Tad or is he another Ken Bone?

Not optimistic hiring a Big Sky coach is the answer for Oregon State. Is he another Tad or is he another Ken Bone?

Definitely will be interesting. But once it became obvious they weren't getting Howland or Stoudemire, I think this was the best route to take.

Oregon State upgraded its coaching. Much better resume than Robinson had when hired there.

Oregon State upgraded its coaching. Much better resume than Robinson had when hired there.

That's a given, but this is one nasty rebuild. We'll probably see a far better coached Oregon State when it comes to in-game, but doubtful how much recruiting traction he can get. As miserable of an X's and O's coach Robinson was, he did bring in a few nice players over the years.

I have no idea how we got lucky again, but I'll keep letting them come back while the rest of the world sleeps on them.

Did Montana fill its opening already? That would be a great 1st coaching stop for someone. Program's in solid shape.

Did Montana fill its opening already? That would be a great 1st coaching stop for someone. Program's in solid shape.

I've seen rumblings that Montana will go hard after Cal asst. Travis DeCuire. He was a former PG for Montana (and supposedly might have been in the running for the OSU job).

I could see losing them to lower programs.

I think that's realistic. They could fall into a good situation with a perennially strong Big Sky or MVC team who loses their coach to a bigger school, except schools like that often try to retain their momentum by promoting the top assistant currently there. I figure with how they are connected through Tad that the day Gregg Marshall accepts a big time job, Pri or Rohn will be on a plane to Wichita for an interview.

I think that's realistic. They could fall into a good situation with a perennially strong Big Sky or MVC team who loses their coach to a bigger school, except schools like that often try to retain their momentum by promoting the top assistant currently there. I figure with how they are connected through Tad that the day Gregg Marshall accepts a big time job, Pri or Rohn will be on a plane to Wichita for an interview.
I doubt they'll be going to a "strong" Big Sky or MVC school without a sustained run since those schools generally promote from within or they should be able to get a bigger assistant or a coach looking to rebound. I can see the lower rungs hiring them however with just the CU experience.

The CUnit is going to have a field day with a coach named Tinkle.

I really think OSU missed the boat on Eustachy. It won't be too long before he gets hired by a big time program. He's paid his penance. He might not land back in the Big 12, but the Pac would be a solid conference for him. I'd hate to face him twice a year as opposed to once, but you got to give the guy credit, he's a very solid basketball coach.

Back