What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 MBB Coaching Carousel

Oregon State fired Craig Robinson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That surprises me. I thought for sure that he'd get another year. Also, the timing is wrong. Beavs shouldn't have waited until May if they were going to make this move. Also, I figured that with Gary Payton Jr coming in that he had bought himself a bit more time.

Oregon State fired Craig Robinson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice of them to let all the other schools hire their new coaches first. Someone start up the 4th or 5th Ben Howland rumor mill of the spring.

I'm surprised Oregon State took so long to fire him. Should have done it right after the season, if they were going to do it

I'm surprised Oregon State took so long to fire him. Should have done it right after the season, if they were going to do it
Agreed, I don't think anyone would disagree here.

At this point what should they have done? Bring him back, hope it works out with naming an interim coach if he gets off to a bad start?

At this point what should they have done? Bring him back, hope it works out with naming an interim coach if he gets off to a bad start?

Should have just given him another full season at this point. Interims are unnecessary unless a situation is extraordinarily toxic, IMO. Oregon State hoops isn't toxic, it's apathetic. This is just another day in OSU basketball being woefully mismanaged. This needed to happen 7 weeks ago.

Like CVille said, should have just given him another year. Bringing in a coach now doesn't really give OSU a good chance to bring in talent. It's pretty much a wasted 1st season now for whoever they hire.

surprised no one has found a tad boyle to Oregon state story yet.

That's because Larry Eustachy is #1 on OSU's board and once he makes an 11th hour decision weighing the pros and cons of the PNW vs. Fort Collins and regrettably bolts the Ewes will make a phone call to Tad Boyle and find their replacement from just down the road in stunning Bohn fashion. Tad doesn't even have to sell his house!

agree, agree, agree, agree -- when I heard this, first thing I thought was "Seth Greenberg"

Should have just given him another full season at this point. Interims are unnecessary unless a situation is extraordinarily toxic, IMO. Oregon State hoops isn't toxic, it's apathetic. This is just another day in OSU basketball being woefully mismanaged. This needed to happen 7 weeks ago.

Like CVille said, should have just given him another year. Bringing in a coach now doesn't really give OSU a good chance to bring in talent. It's pretty much a wasted 1st season now for whoever they hire.

That's because Larry Eustachy is #1 on OSU's board and once he makes an 11th hour decision weighing the pros and cons of the PNW vs. Fort Collins and regrettably bolts the Ewes will make a phone call to Tad Boyle and find their replacement from just down the road in stunning Bohn fashion. Tad doesn't even have to sell his house!

Larry Eustachy would actually be a pretty good choice for the beavs. Can you imagine him and Dana Altman operating within 50 miles of each other?

Larry Eustachy would actually be a pretty good choice for the beavs. Can you imagine him and Dana Altman operating within 50 miles of each other?

Altman would certainly win a Natty. Two cans if he plays his cards right.

Oregon St is a career killer, but they'll give whoever takes it four or five years

Honestly, I think Larry Eustachy would be an excellent choice for them. It could be argued that Eustachy has improved the CSU program since Miles left, and Miles is working miracles in fuskerland. OSU can offer a lot more money, in a better conference, with access to national television exposure.

Plus, the hilarity of Larry Eustachy being the head coach of the Beavers is too good to pass up.

Eustachy%20kissing.jpg

Honestly, I think Larry Eustachy would be an excellent choice for them. It could be argued that Eustachy has improved the CSU program since Miles left, and Miles is working miracles in fuskerland. OSU can offer a lot more money, in a better conference, with access to national television exposure.

Plus, the hilarity of Larry Eustachy being the head coach of the Beavers is too good to pass up.

Eustachy%20kissing.jpg

If anyone could make Oregon State competitive, Eustachy would. I've analyzed his resume before, but in short his knack is taking over the most hopeless of college hoops backwaters and turning them into 20+ win teams. Oregon State would be up there with the toughest, but if he can do it at Southern Miss, CSU and Iowa State, he stands a better chance than most of pulling it off in Corvallis.

If anyone could make Oregon State competitive, Eustachy would. I've analyzed his resume before, but in short his knack is taking over the most hopeless of college hoops backwaters and turning them into 20+ win teams. Oregon State would be up there with the toughest, but if he can do it at Southern Miss, CSU and Iowa State, he stands a better chance than most of pulling it off in Corvallis.

What all of those stops have in common is that if a prospect can spell SAT he can be admitted. And if he can't, that's ok too. They are willing to wait a couple years for that JUCO degree to go around the NCAA to admit.

Unfortunately for Larry, the NCAA is tightening the requirements on JUCO transfers. An associate degree in "Sports Fitness" with a D average won't qualify a guy any more.

Back