What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

Just saw that Bobby Hauck will step down at UNLV

I thought that he'd be successful. Great 1AA resume at Montana and then seemed to turn the corner last year. Problems at UNLV must run deep because this was not a good MWC this season... especially in the West.

One to keep an eye on is Kevin Sumlin. Recruiting is great, but results are mediocre. I hadn't thought about him being in jeopardy, but then read a comment that opened my eyes: "If you can't win a conference title when Johnny Manziel is your QB, it's never going to happen for you."

Not for Boulder! He and his wife absolutely hated it! Had to drive to Aurora for a haircut.

I thought that he'd be successful. Great 1AA resume at Montana and then seemed to turn the corner last year. Problems at UNLV must run deep because this was not a good MWC this season... especially in the West.

Bobby Hauck was our original ****ty Special Teams Coach, that started our trend of ****ty Special Team's coaches. I was surprised he even found success in 1AA.

Fusker win was their worst nightmare. If they win the also-ran bowl, no way they fire Bobo for winning 10 games. It's more fun watching them stew than the optimism of getting a new coach.

Nebraska like Notre Dame is one of those programs that tends to get selected above their heads for bowl games because they travel so well. Pretty logical that their fans would use any excuse to get out of Nebraska in late December/early January. This means that a bowl win is by no means a sure thing, especially as poorly as they have played down the stretch.

That said even if they lose Bo is likely safe for at least one more season. If they do keep him what are the odds of him doing at least one really stupid thing in the off-season after they have announced keeping him that will make them wish they hadn't. I'd say pretty good.

RE: Stitt

I could see that

It'll be interesting to see what job he'd leave for- he's had to have had opportunities before and UNLV seems like such a crap job. I would think any Ivy league school with an opening would be all over him, given the academic difficulties of coaching at a place like Mines.

Stitt needs to make a move soon if he wants to be a FBS coach. Has been at mines for 14 years and is already 50 years old.

UNLV is more a BB school again and a graveyard for football coaches. Very few of the good HS kids in LV want to stay home to play in the MWC. Hauck's success at Montana was during the Griz era when they just reloaded every year. They were the Boise State of I-AA and made several coaches look good.

I could see that

It'll be interesting to see what job he'd leave for- he's had to have had opportunities before and UNLV seems like such a crap job. I would think any Ivy league school with an opening would be all over him, given the academic difficulties of coaching at a place like Mines.

Stitt needs to make a move soon if he wants to be a FBS coach. Has been at mines for 14 years and is already 50 years old.

I wonder if he does want to move. As Steel says he's had opportunities before.

Stitt likes where he lives and is comfortable there. A place like UNLV would be a place he passes through, either doing well and moving up or moving back down. It isn't a place to set roots settle in.

He may be fine following in the footsteps of former HC Marv Kay who was the coach for 24 years before becoming AD for another 9. Kay didn't have the kind of on field success that Stitt has had but in a profession known for being transient he was able to spend a career in one place setting down solid roots.

Would spurrier decide to leave this year?. They are not getting any better by his standards.

Last edited:
Would spurrier decide to leave this year?. They are not getting any better by his standards.

Wouldn't shock anyone to see him hang it up.

He isn't a young man any more, in the best of worlds he doesn't have a lot of years left and the core of the team coming back isn't going to compete for a conference championship anytime soon.

Bigger issue is that I have heard and read that his knees completely shot. Tremendously painful for him just to walk from the locker room to the sidelines for a game. Needs both knees replaced and then will be looking at a long recovery and some continuing pain due the damage from the arthritis.

He didn't look like he was having a lot of fun this season and he doesn't need the money.

Unreal. Although I loved to laugh at Pelini, he sure coached the cornholers to a lot of wins. Will be interesting to see who they go after as a replacement.

So far I have heard Frost and Sweater Vest as possible replacements. They owe him 7.5 million so how much can they afford for a coach?.

Back