What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Uniforms

Can we all please come to consensus on "grey" vs. "silver" to describe the new color? Not sure what they are officially calling them, but I vote for silver, since it is actually a school color....

FWIW, CU actually donned that look before the Raiders ever did.

Here's a photo from a CU yearbook in the 60's. I went up in to the stacks of Norlin the other day and looked through a bunch of old yearbooks for pics like this. I oddly had way too much fun doing that.

View attachment 16277

Thanks for sharing the silver helmet and silver pants. I remember these when I was a little kid. Eddie Crowder changed the silver to gold when he took over. The late 50s and early 60s was an interesting time. Sonny Grandelius started using black jerseys and then he had to leave when the pay for play thing was found out. Sonny wasn't the only guy doing it, but he paid the price. Bud Davis followed in '62 and used the old gold jerseys in a disaster season. Eddie was hired and went back to black jerseys and switched the silver to gold.

Reactions: aik
Can we all please come to consensus on "grey" vs. "silver" to describe the new color? Not sure what they are officially calling them, but I vote for silver, since it is actually a school color....

I also like to call it silver. It's a school color. I like it. The silver helmet is nice, too.
I'll say here the all white is all stupid. And don't bother to remind me many of the players like them. I know that. All white is still stupid. And I'm too old and too crabby to think otherwise. :smile: I wore black and gold and I'm admitting to bias as well.

Who will decide what unis are chosen each week? Captains? Players? Seniors? Coaches?

Was standing next to Coach Mac when Spruce said something about not knowing who would choose the unis every week, Mac pointed right back at Nelson with a big smile. That would mean either seniors or captains, I would guess captains because that's how it was last year.

Last edited:

Who gives a ****? Call them what you want.

Though in the video and on Twitter they've been cailling them steel grey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It got huge press from ESPN, yahoo, uniswag, what the **** more do you want you selfish bastards.

I am guessing that we will have special edition helmets with different decals sometime in the next few years. The silver uniforms look great and everything flows nicely. Nike and CU did a great job on keeping tradition and modernizing the uniform.

[emoji38]

You really think shiny black helmets with a $1.00 sticker on each side look good? It looks like every other school. Give me gold helmets every game. And maybe silver, but not the ****ty black. Only a fleshlight user/salesman would think shiny black looks good.

You really think shiny black helmets with a $1.00 sticker on each side look good? It looks like every other school. Give me gold helmets every game. And maybe silver, but not the ****ty black. Only a fleshlight user/salesman would think shiny black looks good.
If they were shiny I would agree, but they aren't. None of them are. They're all matte with a direct lighting shine. Hardly the black ones we wore before last year.

If they were shiny I would agree, but they aren't. None of them are. They're all matte with a direct lighting shine. Hardly the black ones we wore before last year.
Ultimately some people weren't going to like whatever they did. CU could be wearing 100 dollar bills that fly off the jersey into the stadium and people would still hate the uniforms. I mostly like them and glad a change was made. Change was needed.

If those gray things look silver to you, why is everyone else calling them gray? Gray is not our color.

Neither is yellow, but most of the stadium has been wearing it and calling it gold for decades. It's hard to replicate a metallic color on fabric, so we make do with what looks close enough and looks good.

Last edited:
Love the all whites and we can do some stuff with that. Maybe black socks with it, possibilities are there.

He's being a bit of a douche as usual, but he's not wrong. They had a lot of available time to unveil these, and the Friday afternoon entering the biggest sports weekend in recent memory was not the best time to do this.

http://www.buffzone.com/buffzonetop...yle-ringo-cu-misses-chance-make-bigger-splash

it's probably an end of the academic year thing. CU as an administrative structure does all kinds of stuff that doesn't make sense the last week in April/First week in May because it's the end of the year. that's the calendar, staff (who do the real work) are all ready for summer downtime. in the same way, they release a lot of potentially bad PR stuff, like cutting down old trees or razing Grandview properties the first week in June when they think no one is paying attention.

i worked at CU for 10 years. just how they do. should have done the new uni launch the week after the Masters. March Madness is over, Master is a Jim Nantz wank off....and summer is only baseball. it's CU, they always stepping on their own crank and miscommunication between fiefdoms on campus. trust me.

but Ringo is right to pick it up. like i say, for example, we used to play the Kansas home basketball game the first week in January. while the students were away because we knew that was the one game we could sellout without students. money before thinking about winning. took a couple-three AD's to reverse that. things are backwards in so many ways at CU, but we getting there.

Last edited:
CD9GWjQVEAA5-aN.png:large

Is it that hard to make silver uniforms that aren't gray?

Just my observations (not saying I dislike them):
- The all whites look like Navy
- The Black jersey Gold Pants look like Army
- The "steel grey" (which is what I think they are officially called) look like every other team with a grey uni (wazzu, unlv, Nevada, Ohio state) and I, too, wish they were silveryer.

3fadd673ffed6c788d0f8b6f358c949d.jpg
841040dcb613729377d9b2802d7390ce.jpg
1b954631dc752eba9f6135ff1c55e054.jpg
5b99f6ca608a9f0482cdb4eb084681dd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back