What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/31)

If he beats CU, he probably keeps his job regardless of how the rest of the season goes. It’s the only game CSU and fans care about. For that reason, I will always be worried about the CSU game.

So this is a question for the Allbuffs lawyer brigade. The recently rebranded Canvas credit union is the naming sponsor of CSU's stadium. Does instructure, the parent company of the Canvas learning management system, used by CU, as well as universities and K-12 school systems across the world have a copyright infringement case? Not similar products, but both connected to the higher ed sphere. It would make me laugh a little or a lot if it did.

Probably not. Credit union services and learning management systems are not commonly sold under the same trademark, which is an oft-used test when determining likelihood of confusion - the standard for trademark infringement. I understand your point that both now have some connection to the higher-ed field, but there are Delta faucets in airports around the globe. That doesn't create a likelihood of confusion with Delta airlines.

Arguably Instructure benefits from this deal, particularly if it has the better-known Canvas brand. Any confusion is essentially free advertising for it. (Of course, this is more than offset by the tarnishment it will suffer through any mistaken association with CSU.)

The expectation from their fans of beating CU every year is something I will never understand. I guess it stems from the 4 wins they got over the worst 9 year period in recent CU history, but damn, the lack of awareness of the gap that has been created between two programs over the last 3 years and the state of each program today is shocking (not really).

Damn. For some of the far-out **** that gets posted to fan forums, that is some of the furthest-out **** I've seen in awhile. And that's not just because it's the ewes. That's just just straight **** right there, doesn't have to be called lamb****.
Except for the phantom OPI stuff about last year's game. Those calls were donkey teeth-crap from every angle.

Damn. For some of the far-out **** that gets posted to fan forums, that is some of the furthest-out **** I've seen in awhile. And that's not just because it's the ewes. That's just just straight **** right there, doesn't have to be called lamb****.
Except for the phantom OPI stuff about last year's game. Those calls were donkey teeth-crap from every angle.

Lol we had Pac 12 referees the last time they were the "home" team (2016)........and I think we all remember what happened that night. I think RG wants this game to be put on ice for a while, and nothing would help sell that like 3 consecutive beatdowns. As far as goat related message boards, I can't go to 'em-I lose brain cells.

Probably not. Credit union services and learning management systems are not commonly sold under the same trademark, which is an oft-used test when determining likelihood of confusion - the standard for trademark infringement. I understand your point that both now have some connection to the higher-ed field, but there are Delta faucets in airports around the globe. That doesn't create a likelihood of confusion with Delta airlines.

Arguably Instructure benefits from this deal, particularly if it has the better-known Canvas brand. Any confusion is essentially free advertising for it. (Of course, this is more than offset by the tarnishment it will suffer through any mistaken association with CSU.)

Thanks for the response. That makes sense.

I saw this picture on Twitter. Seriously, with just a few exceptions, these guys look flabby. I'm 50 and look better with my shirt off than Montez. Not liking this at all.

I saw this picture on Twitter. Seriously, with just a few exceptions, these guys look flabby. I'm 50 and look better with my shirt off than Montez. Not liking this at all.
Lol I wouldn’t worry too much about that. They intentionally pack some weight on during breaks so they have weight to cut. They’ll look much better before the season starts.

Flabby?! There’s like 1 dude in that photo who doesn’t have visible abs. You think every football player is supposed to look ripped like a wide receiver? I’ve got news for you...they don’t.

Flabby?! There’s like 1 dude in that photo who doesn’t have visible abs. You think every football player is supposed to look ripped like a wide receiver? I’ve got news for you...they don’t.

damn, that hits close to home.

Cubby's never given me a bum steer in his previous four posts, so I have no reason not to trust his judgement here.

exactly!

Back