What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Tournament thread

The Big 12 started 6-0 in the tournament, and I thought they were proving themselves to be the best conference.

They've gone 1-5 since. Only ****bailer and KU are left.

Last edited:
It's on our Buffs to keep the 2021 Dance on track for being remembered as the Pac-12 Invitational.

I'm so damn nervous. Fortunately, Tad (who needs to be fired) is the luckiest coach in America (only explanation for how he ever wins a game). Hopefully we stay lucky tonight.

It's kind of striking how much more athletic LSU is than Michigan. I thought Michigan had a bit more than this.

Not gonna look ahead. Staying focused. <Hmmm... LSU leading Michigan> Nope. 100% dialed in.

Go Buffs!!!

If Michigan loses, if don't think the Big Ten will have a team in the sweet sixteen. Maryland isn't beating Alabama.

If Michigan loses, if don't think the Big Ten will have a team in the sweet sixteen. Maryland isn't beating Alabama.
Unlike @Medford M. , Maryland is the one B1G team I don't mind. Actually, I root for them. Only because they're coached by Tad's best friend. When the day comes that Turgeon is no longer their coach, the Terps can die in a fire.

OU +15.5.

anger GIF

Kansas yet another failure of the metrics and the committee. That team should have had a similar seed to USC. What about their play would lead anyone to believe they were a top 12 type team?

Last edited:
I'm all over getting rid of the football stadiums.

I like the idea of still rotating cities though.

Be able to include a ****load more cities when they do it, too.
this. I don't get the idea of putting games in the same venues each year. IMO, one of the attractive features of the tourney is how the sites move each year and become accessible to fans.

I have to see the numbers, but I don't think this tourney is going much different than the average in recent years. It seems that every year, there's one Big 6 conference that looked dominant in the regular season that chokes in the NCAA -- this year that's the B1G. and it seems to me that every year, there's one conference that doesn't seem a contender in the regular who outperforms expectations in the tourney -- so cool it's the Pac this year!

also, for those fans holding their noses and rooting for Pac 12 teams, I don't think the motivation is only financial. it's also about conference reputation and branding. the money that CU will get from the Pac payout this year is great, but it's also really f'ing cool that next year we'll have (at least) four teams from this year's Sweet 16 coming to Boulder to play.

Last edited:
In ESPN's reseeding of the 16 remaining teams, the Pac 12 teams come in 12, 13, 14, and 15. Only Creighton is lower at 16. I guess that Pac 12 respect will take a while. FSU is 7 by the way. Unfortunately I was only able to see parts to the Buffs game yesterday, but clearly FSU was a terrible matchup for us. At this point in the tournament the length of FSU, Oregon and USC will cause problems for everyone they face. One of those will emerge at the end. Probably Oregon/FSU for their disruptive defense.

In ESPN's reseeding of the 16 remaining teams, the Pac 12 teams come in 12, 13, 14, and 15. Only Creighton is lower at 16. I guess that Pac 12 respect will take a while. FSU is 7 by the way. Unfortunately I was only able to see parts to the Buffs game yesterday, but clearly FSU was a terrible matchup for us. At this point in the tournament the length of FSU, Oregon and USC will cause problems for everyone they face. One of those will emerge at the end. Probably Oregon/FSU for their disruptive defense.

Mobley is pretty much an unstoppable scoring, rebounding, and shot blocking machine at this point of the season. It might not be enough to win out, but he gives them a chance against anyone.

They seeded Oral Roberts ahead of all the Pac-12 teams and Creighton? Clowns. Straight up clowns.

Mobley is pretty much an unstoppable scoring, rebounding, and shot blocking machine at this point of the season. It might not be enough to win out, but he gives them a chance against anyone.
USC is not well coached but they have talent.

Mobley is not the only talented player they have either but he is special. If he plays his game and gets enough support from his teammates USC can beat any other team in the tournament on a one game basis.

In no way is this saying they are the best team left in the tourney but they don't have to be. All they have to do is go out and win one game four times.

They seeded Oral Roberts ahead of all the Pac-12 teams and Creighton? Clowns. Straight up clowns.
Well, in their thinking ORU did beat a B1G school and an SEC school. In the view of ESPN that makes them great. PAC schools, those are the cute little schools out west that play while the ESPN guys are asleep.

Back