What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

Another chart. I like the way this lays out the info. It does appear that the Big 12 put value on geographic considerations. For CU, considering region + recruiting, this is pretty much exactly what we probably would have asked for (3 vs UH & UCF * UA, ASU, KSU & Utah).
It's a pretty good visual.

Also shows an advantage for CU I didn't notice before: 3 games in 4 years against UCF, with 2 in FL. That's actually a recruiting advantage.

Ugh.

I hate realignment. Having absolutely no one you play every year is lame. I wanted the four corners to play every year. I really do think a low key rivalry could develop between CU and BYU, and I want Prime to keep building us up so we can start blowing Utah's doors off.

In 12 years, I couldn't be bothered to really take the Utah "rivalry" seriously, then the conference split up, Utah fans became psychopaths on the interwebs, now I want Yoot blood.

1698931852253.png

Here are my thoughts on the schedule:

1. It's going to feel weird not playing the likes of USC, Oklahoma, or Texas in the same conference. Hopefully we don't play to the level of the competition.
2. I'm thinking we could have had a season or two off from playing Utah and play BYU instead. I'm a little disappointed that CU doesn't visit Provo until 2027...nothing wrong with being sober for a football game. At least CU visits Waco a year before that but I think they still sneak in the booze down there.
3. I'm pleased to see that we will keep playing both AZ schools often. Perhaps the Big 12 is letting CU continue to play the AZ schools and Utah frequently which was something I was hoping would be retained.
4. I love the idea of playing KSU three seasons in a row because I don't like them and they don't like us either. Plus two of those games will be in Boulder. Luckily for KSU fans, I-70 in Kansas between the CO border and Salina is much better than what it used to be and the only thing that needs to be done is raise the speed limit above 70 mph.
5. Only one trip out east every season...much better than what Stanford & Cal will deal with in the ACC since they will be dealing with three such trips every season. Any good transfers from Stanford & Cal that we could pick up?
6. We visit UCF and Houston twice during that four year period...that should be good for recruiting.
7. The Big 12 won't be as sexy as the old Big 12 or Pac-12 but if that means CU returns to its winning ways, I'd take that!

At this point, I think I'm ready for 10 game conference schedules if not eight game conference schedules.

TIL Iowa State and K-State have played for over 100 consecutive years and the rivalry is know as "Farmageddon"

TIL Iowa State and K-State have played for over 100 consecutive years and the rivalry is know as "Farmageddon"

Yeah, that one surprised me. Both fan bases are pissed about it

Ugh.

I hate realignment. Having absolutely no one you play every year is lame. I wanted the four corners to play every year. I really do think a low key rivalry could develop between CU and BYU, and I want Prime to keep building us up so we can start blowing Utah's doors off.

In 12 years, I couldn't be bothered to really take the Utah "rivalry" seriously, then the conference split up, Utah fans became psychopaths on the interwebs, now I want Yoot blood.
I get it, but there will be another round of realignment at some point in the near future. If this goes well for CU, they could be on the move again and having annual games against teams means nothing. I actually prefer this way.

Regardless of what happens, I think everyone is looking at this in the short term (4-10 years).

Plenty of Time for Revisions
Fire up a 2.0

Agreed even if the conference probably sent out different versions before reaching to the current version. I'm good with three games in four years against KSU...those purple kittens can rot in hell. I want to see Tad Boyle and the MBB team sweep KSU's MBB again just like back in 2011 to get the point across.

CourseRecord on 247 has made lots of noise the last week about us trying to drop one of our OOC road games to make the schedule easier and add a home game.

Would they really drop the Corn? The fans live for that game, it’s steeped in history, and it always gets good national pub. B10 audition to remind them that inviting us is accretive to their Corn holdings

I hope they cancel the trip to Fart Collins and Jiffy-Lube Jay. No one gives a sh*t, and there are no positives.

No fight song is one thing to grumble about…. P*ssying out of playing the Corn is a whole different animal

Last edited:
CourseRecord on 247 has made lots of noise the last week about us trying to drop one of our OOC road games to make the schedule easier and add a home game.

Would they really drop the Corn? The fans live for that game, it’s steeped in history, and it always gets good national pub. B10 audition to remind them that inviting us is accretive to their Corn holdings

I hope they cancel the trip to Fart Collins and Jiffy-Lube Jay. No one gives a sh*t, and there’s no positives.

No fight song is one thing to grumble about…. P*ssying out of playing the Corn is a whole different animal

We still have 6 home games next year plus 1 an hour away. The OOC schedule isn't that hard, we should absolutely win 2 of those and the game in Lincoln is probably a toss-up at this point.

We still have 6 home games next year plus 1 an hour away. The OOC schedule isn't that hard, we should absolutely win 2 of those and the game in Lincoln is probably a toss-up at this point.

Only way you cancel that game is if you replace it with another marquee matchup. Absolutely can’t cancel it and replace it with a home game against New Mexico or something

Judging by what Courserecord posted, it isn’t a marquee matchup, and it’s just trying to get another home game bc of the value a Prime Effect home game brings + making the schedule easier.

I really hope it’s the CSU game they’re canceling. They could kick a hornets nest canceling Corn, and also, playing your old rivals is what CFB is about.

Judging by what Courserecord posted, it isn’t a marquee matchup, and it’s just trying to get another home game bc of the value a Prime Effect home game brings + making the schedule easier.

I really hope it’s the CSU game they’re canceling. They could kick a hornets nest canceling Corn, and also, playing your old rivals is what CFB is about.
Cancelling the CSU game would certainly cause an adverse reaction from local media and CSU fan, but I care a lot less about that than the perception of cancelling the return trip to Lincoln to play a much easier opponent. That would have a negative effect at the national level.

Cancelling the CSU game would certainly cause an adverse reaction from local media and CSU fan, but I care a lot less about that than the perception of cancelling the return trip to Lincoln to play a much easier opponent. That would have a negative effect at the national level.

Yea cancelling the game CSU would defintely cause the local media and CSU fans to rip us big time, especially with the game being in Fort Fun. But the Dener media will move on and turn their attention back to the Broncos a few days later.

Not to mention the blowback from, you know, the actual CU fans who the program is built on and for. National media would jump on it. Fans pissed. Donors pissed. Player alumni pissed. Losing tradition. Losing an easy P5 win. Losing another data point showing the B10 the value of that annual matchup.

Many fans would be happy with canceling CSU and some wouldn’t care. Local media who is always negative would be negative anyway. Dozens of CSU fans would scream into a pillow. No one would watch the game nationally anyway if it weren’t for Prime so who cares. No upside game. Dirty program. CSU gets kicked in the dick by losing the one game in 5 years that would’ve filled their stadium

Last edited:
It has been selected for 6 days notice. ESPN might want it, but needs to see how this week plays out
I bet thats a fascinating job to sit in the war room and pick games to broadcast after the networks pick theirs. Then line up all your crews and rentals and get it all moving.

Back