What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

8/10 Newcomers Practice Report

If we go into the csu game with mcknight,espinosa and maxwell as our wr's we all should be worried.

Simmons has to practice soon or he won't be ready to go to start the season.

Hearing good things about ussery :thumbsup:

It's starting to look more and more like something other than an official transcript is keeping Simmons off the field.

nervous. very nervous. Official transcripts don't take this long. Yes, they can be a pain in the ass. But if this was all that was keeping Simmons off the field, CU would be raising holy hell with the CC over this and it would have been resolved by now.

Something ain't right. :argh:

Is CU in contact every day with CC or are they just sitting back believing that his transcripts will be here each day, and then the next and so on..?

Is CU in contact every day with CC or are they just sitting back believing that his transcripts will be here each day, and then the next and so on..?

I have no idea, but I have to suspect there's somebody from CU in contact with the folks at the CC at this point. These things were supposed to be here last week. I guess that's my point. It is looking more and more like it must be something else. An official transcript isn't this hard to deliver.

I feel like I went through a time warp... Didn't we have a Denver Post article not too long ago saying that Simmons had been admitted by CU?

Are we waiting on something from CU? Or are we waiting on something from the NCAA Clearinghouse? Or what?

It's starting to look more and more like something other than an official transcript is keeping Simmons off the field.

nervous. very nervous. Official transcripts don't take this long. Yes, they can be a pain in the ass. But if this was all that was keeping Simmons off the field, CU would be raising holy hell with the CC over this and it would have been resolved by now.

Something ain't right. :argh:

He was admitted into CU when his grades/courses were relayed verbally over the phone. We are just waiting on the paper work.

If the staff at the CC left early on Friday, then the earliest the transcript could've been mailed is Monday. Who knows the additional processes that go into the posting or verifying of grades that could also delay the mailing of the transcript. I'm not worried. It's just bureaucracy at its finest.

i certainly have no idea, but this time of year most administrative offices are opening late/closing early and probably have staff people on vacation. i know a buddy of mine who works admin in the Business School takes last week for vaca every year--first week in August. so, it may be that simple.

or not. the general level of "activity" on the campus starts picking up this week into next.

I feel like I went through a time warp... Didn't we have a Denver Post article not too long ago saying that Simmons had been admitted by CU?

Are we waiting on something from CU? Or are we waiting on something from the NCAA Clearinghouse? Or what?

The RUMOR is that we are waiting on the community college to send the transcripts... but as Sacky points out, it shouldn't drag on like that, so there may be something else going on...

Supposedly all we're waiting for is Simmons' official transcript from his community college. I'm beginning to think there's more to it than that. In fact, if that's all we really needed, I don't see why they couldn't have him practicing with the team right now.

You are kidding, right? If we are sweating this big time, what do you think those whose jobs are tied to the team's performance are doing? I gotta believe (hope) that CU is very active in this process. Like Moten, Dre can't get any help (housing, food, etc) until he clears. I think the fact that he's here says it's just a matter of time until this is resolved.

I'm not seeing the value in Hinder to lament his chioce. For all his physical tools (except his weight, 175 lbs at 6'4"???), he has yet to dominate at the HS level and its not like Steamboat Spgs. is a doormat! They play some real decent HS FB there, but Hinder hasn't stood head and shoulders above his contemporaries on the field. Why not?

And for all you "But, he was so good in the elite camps" types, so was Cody! You now gonna take back all the bad stuff you've laid on him?

I agree, and have been saying this for a while.

Heard the HC from Palisade, which is a league rival of SS, on the radio this morning. He was going on and on and on about how glad he was not to have to face Dakota Stonehouse, the graduated QB from Glenwood Springs again this year. The hosts finally asked him about the difference between Stonehouse and "the kid from Steamboat'. After a long pause, the coach said "both very different players. both good. but Stonehouse won." Then he launched into talking about how glad he was not to be playing Stonehouse again. The underlying message on Hinder wasn't exactly glowing, and he would not be the first person who has coached in that league that I have heard say the same thing....

I have no idea, but I have to suspect there's somebody from CU in contact with the folks at the CC at this point. These things were supposed to be here last week. I guess that's my point. It is looking more and more like it must be something else. An official transcript isn't this hard to deliver.

I am having horrible flashbacks to the wait for P.T. Gates to arrive with paperwork from his JC..... :sad1:

In fact, if that's all we really needed, I don't see why they couldn't have him practicing with the team right now.

Because he's not admitted to CU officially without the transcript? I'm pretty sure if my guidance counselor had called CU before my application arrived and told CU what my grades were and test scores were, they would say ok sounds like he will be admitted, but we need the official transcript first.

He was admitted into CU when his grades/courses were relayed verbally over the phone. We are just waiting on the paper work.

If the staff at the CC left early on Friday, then the earliest the transcript could've been mailed is Monday. Who knows the additional processes that go into the posting or verifying of grades that could also delay the mailing of the transcript. I'm not worried. It's just bureaucracy at its finest.
How could there be a delay of mailing it because of the posting or verifying of grades when they already know the grades after giving them to CU over the phone?

Like I said earlier, if this kid was going to k-state,nebraska, okie lite, he'd be practicing and good to go.Sooner or later CU needs to address this problem with these folks and get it worked out.

Only plausible explanation...Bill Snyder calls the records department at Independence CC and says "hey fella, do me a favor and drop those transcripts behind a desk for a couple weeks - can you do that for me partner?"

The Kansas Community College system basically acts as the KSU scout team, so Bill probably has some pull.

Only plausible explanation...Bill Snyder calls the records department at Independence CC and says "hey fella, do me a favor and drop those transcripts behind a desk for a couple weeks - can you do that for me partner?"

The Kansas Community College system basically acts as the KSU scout team, so Bill probably has some pull.

:lol:

Who knows the exact reason. I'm just throwing different alternatives out there that would justify the delay.

1. Finals were on August 1st - Ringo posted on his blog on August 2nd that he had just finished his classes.

2. It is August 11th. Grades were supposedly reported to CU on August 6th - Denver Post and Dave Plati reported that Simmons was cleared academically based on unofficial grades.

3. Ringo also in his chat last night that the transcript must be prepared and approved before it is sent. Another potential for delay.

4. Look at what I posted from the CC's website. Could it be possible that Simmons was not allowed to request a transcript to be sent to CU until it is complete? That would mean he had to request a transcript to be sent to CU by mail (Ind. CC does not accept transcript requests by telephone or email). That means it would take a couple days for the request to get to CC and a couple of days for the transcript to get here.

5. Basically it's been 10 days since he finished finals. Dave Plati reported that he has been cleared academically and the school is just waiting on the proper official paperwork to admit him into school.

There are plenty of plausible explanations (Maybe a NU fan works at the post office and keeps throwing it away). I don't see a reason for concern here unless we hear different.

"ICC does not accept transcript requests by telephone or email. A student signature is required to obtain a transcript. Transcripts that are faxed to another institution are considered to be an advising document (unofficial) ONLY, and an official transcript may need to be sent in addition."

Last edited:
If we go into the csu game with mcknight,espinosa and maxwell as our wr's we all should be worried.

Simmons has to practice soon or he won't be ready to go to start the season.

Hearing good things about ussery :thumbsup:

Honestly, that wouldn't worry me too much. CU should be able to beat Colorado State with just about anybody playing wide receiver. Especially with this offensive line and these running backs.

Now if we go to West Virginia, etc. with those wide receivers -- then I would be worried.

Honestly, that wouldn't worry me too much. CU should be able to beat Colorado State with just about anybody playing wide receiver. Especially with this offensive line and these running backs.

Now if we go to West Virginia, etc. with those wide receivers -- then I would be worried.

We don't know how good this OL will be. Solder and miller have gotten tons of hype but they haven't put it together YET. Iltis and givens will be freshman starting their first game.

With our wr problem, 150 yds won't get it done imho.

I do think the potential is there for this OL to become very good but cu isn't going to just line up and run the ball 50 times and expect to win. CSU will put 9 in the box and force cody to win it. With the wr's we have right now,that's not a promising situation.

We don't know how good this OL will be. Solder and miller have gotten tons of hype but they haven't put it together YET. Iltis and givens will be freshman starting their first game.

With our wr problem, 150 yds won't get it done imho.

I do think the potential is there for this OL to become very good but cu isn't going to just line up and run the ball 50 times and expect to win. CSU will put 9 in the box and force cody to win it. With the wr's we have right now,that's not a promising situation.

Against CSU (and probably even Toledo) I would expect CU to be able to line up and run the ball 50+ times and win.

CSU could put 11 in the box -- CU should still be able to win.

Against CSU (and probably even Toledo) I would expect CU to be able to line up and run the ball 50+ times and win.

CSU could put 11 in the box -- CU should still be able to win.

You don't believe that for a second.

During the spring we're thinking mcknight,smith,simas and simmons and some good freshman wr's. Then our 2 year starter transfers, expected starter for 2009 is suspended, and now a guy who looked to be in and ready to go is still on hold.
Bizarre.

You don't believe that for a second.

During the spring we're thinking mcknight,smith,simas and simmons and some good freshman wr's. Then our 2 year starter transfers, expected starter for 2009 is suspended, and now a guy who looked to be in and ready to go is still on hold.
Bizarre.

I certainly wasn't thinking about Simmons in the spring. He's a JUCO. I am always a bit surprised when JUCO's make it to CU.

I am disappointed that Josh Smith left. He would have been nice to have around another year.

McKnight is always solid. He is small but wirey.

Simas has been a non-factor at CU forever. I am looking forward to seeing what he can do when he finally does get on the field.

Against CSU and Toledo, the youngsters are going to have to step up and make some plays. I see a 6-5 freshman, and a 6-4 freshman who are going to get a lot of playing time. Even if each of the freshmen only catch one or two balls against both CSU and Toledo - that should be more than enough to keep the defense honest.

Don't forget that CU has a couple pretty decent tight ends who should be a pretty big part of a play-action pass oriented offense.

There are plenty of plausible explanations (Maybe a NU fan works at the post office and keeps throwing it away). I don't see a reason for concern here unless we hear different.

I see plenty of reasons for concern, frankly. Everybody involved knew when practice started. Everybody knew what the timetable was, and yet here we are, five full days into fall camp, and this supposedly minor detail still hasn't been resolved? Something stinks here. No community college in the world is this incompetent. It's a reasonably simple matter. I'm sorry if I'm not buying the "the school closed early on Friday" argument, seeing as we're already at Tuesday and we STILL HAVEN'T gotten the offical transcript. Somebody has dropped the ball on this. I don't know who, but the ball has definitely been dropped. I was confident that Simmons would be a Buff at this time a week ago. Now, I'm maybe at 50/50.

Oh, and I agree with the Colonel. We should be able to beat CSU and Toledo (and Wyoming, for that matter), with Cheech and Chong at WR.

I see plenty of reasons for concern, frankly. Everybody involved knew when practice started. Everybody knew what the timetable was, and yet here we are, five full days into fall camp, and this supposedly minor detail still hasn't been resolved? Something stinks here. No community college in the world is this incompetent. It's a reasonably simple matter. I'm sorry if I'm not buying the "the school closed early on Friday" argument, seeing as we're already at Tuesday and we STILL HAVEN'T gotten the offical transcript. Somebody has dropped the ball on this. I don't know who, but the ball has definitely been dropped. I was confident that Simmons would be a Buff at this time a week ago. Now, I'm maybe at 50/50.

I would've been surprised to see official transcripts in Boulder 10 days after his finals.

Then you know what needs to happen? Our admissions office needs to have a policy that allows for conditional acceptance into the school pending receipt of official transcripts so long as they are in possession of unofficial transcripts.

Simple. Done and done. But that's not where we are, is it? This whole thing is getting to be a bigger and bigger clusterfuk every day that passes. I was mildly concerned last Friday, I'm positively freaking out today. We need this kid, and he needs to be in school. Somebody, somewhere needs to get his act together and make this happen and stop fiddle farting around.

Then you know what needs to happen? Our admissions office needs to have a policy that allows for conditional acceptance into the school pending receipt of official transcripts so long as they are in possession of unofficial transcripts.

Simple. Done and done. But that's not where we are, is it? This whole thing is getting to be a bigger and bigger clusterfuk every day that passes. I was mildly concerned last Friday, I'm positively freaking out today. We need this kid, and he needs to be in school. Somebody, somewhere needs to get his act together and make this happen and stop fiddle farting around.
dude chill. It is gonna be allright and you freaking out does absolutely nothing.:canabis:

Sounds good to me. Of course, we lose scholarships because we feed walk-ons. We'd probably want to check with the NCAA to make sure it was ok to feed/give equipment to a player that has yet to be officially admitted as a student.

He was admitted to CU. Outside of the CC reading the wrong grades to our admissions department, I think Simmons will be fine.

Sounds good to me. Of course, we lose scholarships because we feed walk-ons. We'd probably want to check with the NCAA to make sure it was ok to feed/give equipment to a player that has yet to be officially admitted as a student.

He was admitted to CU. Outside of the CC reading the wrong grades to our admissions department, I think Simmons will be fine.

Whoa there partner. If he was admitted to CU, why isn't he practicing?

Whoa there partner. If he was admitted to CU, why isn't he practicing?

Because it is not official. He was admitted based on unofficial grades (faxed transcript = unoffical or the grades were read to admissions department = unofficial). The admissions department needs the official transcript before he is a student.

http://buffzone.pmpblogs.com/2009/08/06/andre-simmons-has-been-cleared/

"Andre Simmons has been cleared academically and admitted to CU, according to sports information director Dave Plati"

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_13019574

"Simmons has been admitted to school, CU officials said, but can't practice until the school receives a hard copy of his transcript."

Last edited:
Then someone explain how ksu gets 20 Juco's a year and they all get in?

I think we all know where this is going to end up but nobody wants to say it.

EVEN if my some miracle his grades to finally show up,it will be 3 -4 days before the season starts and he wont be ready to play.

This whole thing stinks.

Back