What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alamo Bowl Travel, Accommodation, Ticket, Food etc. Thread

As I sit here in my just arrived 2016 South Champs hoodie (in air conditioning)...from lovely Cameron TX. 69 today @ 100% humidity at 7:00 this morning, I swatted 4 mosquitoes by 2:00 and it's a wonderful day.
For those of you with no small children on the journey to SA I would make this suggestion, time permitting, your ability to consume and your sense of humor. Start here Durty Nelly's Irish Pub on the River Walk. Around midnight proceed to Dick's Last Resort and try to close it down. The pub is great, Dick's is where you go @ 2 1/2 sheets to the wind you're semi tanked and it's a riot.

Took Always BUFF's recommendation and added Durty Nelly's and Dick's Last Resort to the map! Anything else you guys want us to add?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    712.5 KB · Views: 10
On I25 pointed south now; just commented to BIL that once we make the turn in Raton that 90% of the cars with Colorado tags are heading to the game.

On I25 pointed south now; just commented to BIL that once we make the turn in Raton that 90% of the cars with Colorado tags are heading to the game.

drive safe.....the cops were out in force yesterday between raton and amarillo ....speed limit changes galore!

One last call for golf on Friday. 11:00 tee time. The Quarry. Anybody want to join us?

About to hop on the bus to BART to SFO to Dallas to San Antonio. Should be eating brisket tonight!

Go Buffs!

Awake at 0330 to make an 0540 flight. Didn't see any other Buffs fans on the dark first leg, but am stoked for this game. I hope the players get this thing done.

drive safe.....the cops were out in force yesterday between raton and amarillo ....speed limit changes galore!
First two cop cars were decoys with no actual human being in the car...

So far every car with Colorado tags on US-87 is full of fellow Buffs.

Tsarbomba and I will be on the 10 a.m. flight from DIA to San Antonio on Thursday, arriving around 1:10 p.m. We are excited - go Buffs!

I just rolled into town, long night of driving. I guess it's time to start drinking! GO BUFFS!!!

Anyone else on the 9:46am flight to San Antonio tomorrow?

Or on this flight right now from Tampa to Dallas? I'm seeing a lot of buff fans board as we speak.

Departing on the 5:03 am AA tomorrow morning to Dallas then to Austin. Will be in San Antonio before noon. Hope to see you all out there.

Will get into town just prior to the game- probably just enough time for a quick bite and a beer before heading over to the stadium. Told a friend who just moved away that I wanted to do eat on the Riverwalk, and he suggested Schilo's and the Esquire- any advice?

Or is there another place you'd recommend for a quick and reasonably priced dinner?

Checking in to my hotel now. Every Okie st fan is wearing cowboy boots and chewing tobacco

Just checked into our room. Time to go look for some food and walk around, my ass is tired of sitting down (figuratively and literally)

Last edited:
Pulled in to town earlier today after a stop at Black's in Lockhart. Planning on heading back out to the riverwalk in a little bit. If you see a guy wearing a 1990 Champs hat with two little rugrats in tow it is probably me. Lots of Buff fans here. Looks like we outnumber the Okie Light fans 10:1 so far.

Back