What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alex Lewis transferring to Neb

UOTE=buffaholic;1376238]My Buddy's daughter has taught dance at her studio. Hacked face, but the surgeon got the bolt-on's right.[/QUOTE]

Wow, asshole much? Calling someone's mother ugly on the net. You are a true lowlife - but hopefully it made you feel better.

Wow, asshole much? Calling someone's mother ugly on the net. You are a true lowlife - but hopefully it made you feel better.

I agree with cu2x. It's not her fault that Dr. Monroe tried to turn her into a cat.

There wasn't much clapping in the stands after the 2004 game. It was a beautiful silence.

First off, Waylon, **** nebraska. Let's get that out of the way.

Also, I don't view this transfer as the routine, ho-hum, event that you've painted it to be.

While I fully acknowledge there are circumstances of which I'm unaware, the story goes like this:

--CU gave Lewis a chance when no other team would.

--He sucked, but he was thrown into the fire young.

--He starts to show a little promise.

--He is on one of the two thinnest units on the team. A unit where every big body is essential. A unit where every down played, critical. The unit where we could not afford any injuries.

--Late in the Spring he (apparently) springs it on the staff without warning that he's transferring the team that every CU fan and player hates the most. The dirtiest team outside the SEC. The team of self-congragulatory fans who clap for opponents in a disgusting show of smarmy self-righteousness. The team whose fans invented a style (visit the North Platte Walmart if you have any questions) that I refer to as "husker-meth-Goth". The team of hidden guns and the policy known as "27 Strikes and You're Out." The team that belongs to a town that seemed to universally sanction "Sal is Dead Go Big Red."

Finally, ****, **** nebraska. Carry on.

I disagree. Well, only with the 27 strikes part. Fuskers get far less strikes if the player isn't very good, and many times more if they are crucial to the team. But other than that, spot on.

First off, Waylon, **** nebraska. Let's get that out of the way.

Also, I don't view this transfer as the routine, ho-hum, event that you've painted it to be.

While I fully acknowledge there are circumstances of which I'm unaware, the story goes like this:

--CU gave Lewis a chance when no other team would.

--He sucked, but he was thrown into the fire young.

--He starts to show a little promise.

--He is on one of the two thinnest units on the team. A unit where every big body is essential. A unit where every down played, critical. The unit where we could not afford any injuries.

--Late in the Spring he (apparently) springs it on the staff without warning that he's transferring the team that every CU fan and player hates the most. The dirtiest team outside the SEC. The team of self-congragulatory fans who clap for opponents in a disgusting show of smarmy self-righteousness. The team whose fans invented a style (visit the North Platte Walmart if you have any questions) that I refer to as "husker-meth-Goth". The team of hidden guns and the policy known as "27 Strikes and You're Out." The team that belongs to a town that seemed to universally sanction "Sal is Dead Go Big Red."

Finally, ****, **** nebraska. Carry on.
ymssrr, somebody rep Orr for me...

I must say if Alex was actually defending Webb in a bar I gained newfound respect for him. You would expect that (or hope for it) up to a point anyway (not to the point of assault) from a current teammate but someone who just left Colorado to join one of our hated rivals? The last thing I would have thought Alex would do now would be to risk his Nebraska scholarship to defend J. Webb.
Risking his scholarship? :rofl: More like a prerequisite for admission.

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_23230814

The BDC's got some semblance of what actually happened, although there's differing accounts of who started what. It's amazing what can happen when drunk people bump into one an another.

Lewis said he drank six glasses of wine, 10 beers and six shots of various other alcohols that night. He did not know how much Webb had to drink.

Damn.

This would never have happened in stincoln.

More than likely they would have suspended the cops for harrasing a football player and arrested the guy who left in the ambulance for hitting the players fist with his face.

This would never have happened in stincoln.

More than likely they would have suspended the cops for harrasing a football player and arrested the guy who left in the ambulance for hitting the players fist with his face.

Of course not, there is no wine in Stincoln, that's a "fisticated drink"

So they have both been in the pokey since Sunday morning? Sounds like JWebb is in deep ****. Alex Lewis sounds like he ran to the right place of "higher" "edumacation" doesn't frown on drunken brawls and little things like second degree assault if you can play "fooball". As long as Bo Peep thinks he can play, Lewis can beat up a few coeds, get into a couple of more fights, and if he's really good, hold up a gas station, before he's really in deep.

The Camera article made it sound like they both just beat the crap out of this kid. Wood better be the most durable QB ever. Still can't believe Hirsch decided to leave. One play away from starting.

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_23230814

The BDC's got some semblance of what actually happened, although there's differing accounts of who started what. It's amazing what can happen when drunk people bump into one an another.

Damn.

Coach TunaMac: Hey Jordan, want to help out the team?

Webb: Of course Coach, anything. You name it.

TunaMac: I need you to take that traitor, husker-loving son-of-a-bitch, Lewis out and get him hammered.

Webb: I'm not following, coach.

TunaMac: Hold on. I'm not done. Then I need you to take him out and get him into some sort of altercation. Some big trouble.

Webb: Still not following, Coach.

TunaMac: Well, when the dust settles, I'm going to kick you off the team.

Webb: What!?

TunaMac: Look, Jordan, you're a great young man, and a great team-player. But we're moving in another direction with quarterback, and you're injured. We can cut you, and you'll land on your feet in coaching. But once I kick you off the team, it will be on ESPN, and nebraska will be forced to follow suit with Lewis just to save face. Frankly, they don't have much to lose anyway. He'll be a player without a team or a home. Drifting like a turd in a toilet.

Webb: How does that help the team? He was gone anyway.

TunaMac: Trust me, Jordan. Trust me.

The Camera article made it sound like they both just beat the crap out of this kid. Wood better be the most durable QB ever. Still can't believe Hirsch decided to leave. One play away from starting.

Yeah...I'm gonna have to say the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. It sounds like the police may have gotten an skewed version of events from both sides. I'm having trouble seeing Webb just jumping in and pounding on the guy after Lewis had already shoved him down (with no provocation according to the victim). Lewis seems to support the version that Webb wasn't involved or that he tried to stop it.

Irony is we assumed this was due to some CU student maybe mouthing off to Lewis about the transfer, but from the sounds of it the timing was completely coincidental. The other guy is an AFA cadet, no connection to CU...just an incident with too much testosterone and alcohol involved.

Coach TunaMac: Hey Jordan, want to help out the team?

Webb: Of course Coach, anything. You name it.

TunaMac: I need you to take that traitor, husker-loving son-of-a-bitch, Lewis out and get him hammered.

Webb: I'm not following, coach.

TunaMac: Hold on. I'm not done. Then I need you to take him out and get him into some sort of altercation. Some big trouble.

Webb: Still not following, Coach.

TunaMac: Well, when the dust settles, I'm going to kick you off the team.

Webb: What!?

TunaMac: Look, Jordan, you're a great young man, and a great team-player. But we're moving in another direction with quarterback, and you're injured. We can cut you, and you'll land on your feet in coaching. But once I kick you off the team, it will be on ESPN, and nebraska will be forced to follow suit with Lewis just to save face. Frankly, they don't have much to lose anyway. He'll be a player without a team or a home. Drifting like a turd in a toilet.

Webb: How does that help the team? He was gone anyway.

TunaMac: Trust me, Jordan. Trust me.

So who plays Jordan in the movie and who plays M2?

Webb has a good excuse, he was out purchasing and consuming liquid pain killers for his knee. Lewis on the other hand figured out a way to take the attention off his stupid statements throwing his former teammates under the bus.

Often these things get charged as felonies with the intent to plea bargain down to misdemeanors but from the sounds of the injuries to the victim this one may stick at the felony level. Lewis and Webb don't have prior records that we know about so they won't lock them up for extended periods of time but they will likely have some serious probation. Easy to see Webb's scholly gone and even kNU would have a hard time justifying giving one to Lewis.

At this point we need Webb. I sure hope he was just trying to break it up or didn't participate. If that article is true, Lewis is in some very serious trouble.

At this point we need Webb. I sure hope he was just trying to break it up or didn't participate. If that article is true, Lewis is in some very serious trouble.

I don't think M2 can afford to even touch this issue now. Even if the truth turns out to be way in favor of Webb he was still out drinking and got involved in a situation where somebody ends up in the hospital. Hard to see him anything but done at this point. M2 isn't going to spend his new coach goodwill on this one.

And of course Lewis will be painted repeatedly as a Buff, even though he'd left the team the day before.

This glass house that Lewis and Webb built will make it difficult to throw stones at those CSU fans...

I don't think M2 can afford to even touch this issue now. Even if the truth turns out to be way in favor of Webb he was still out drinking and got involved in a situation where somebody ends up in the hospital. Hard to see him anything but done at this point. M2 isn't going to spend his new coach goodwill on this one.
I suppose you are probably correct. How could the depth at QB have possibly gotten worse from the beginning of spring ball? At this point we are hoping for (a) Dillon to gain weight at an alarming rate and improve his delivery/decision making in four months, and/or (b) Sefo to be vastly more prepared than we thought, and heroically be able to make the jump from HS to BCS immediately, and/or (c) Schrock and Dorman to have been holding back in some strange game of possum. Furthermore, while Wood looked much better in the spring, we are counting on a kid that clearly did not look the part last year, and with our offensive line we can guarantee he is going to miss some, or many, snaps this season.

For God's sake, you didn't even have time to add an "er" to the end of your post!

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one without important things to do.....then I look a Junc's post count.

Back