What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn Gone (Official Thread on His Departure)

By all accounts, he gave a very gracious presser, although he was clearly disappointed about being let go. He understood that "football is king", and the results just weren't there.

Fund raising is an issue, rightfully so. One alarming fact i'm hearing which I didn't previously know is that the CU Foundation won't share their alumni list with CU Athletics. As it's loosely been phrased, "The Academic arena doesn't want the athletic side parading around asking for all sorts of donations which would normally go to their cause." If this is true, I actually feel very bad for Bohn. Combine that with the fact that he didn't get to bring in his own fund raisers, rather they were given to him and got marching orders from another source, no wonder we're in such a cluster **** situation with athletics. I can see some positive and negative with Mike, but dude had an uphill battle the whole time with regards to crap like this, IF true.

Fund raising is an issue, rightfully so. One alarming fact i'm hearing which I didn't previously know is that the CU Foundation won't share their alumni list with CU Athletics. As it's loosely been phrased, "The Academic arena doesn't want the athletic side parading around asking for all sorts of donations which would normally go to their cause." If this is true, I actually feel very bad for Bohn. Combine that with the fact that he didn't get to bring in his own fund raisers, rather they were given to him and got marching orders from another source, no wonder we're in such a cluster **** situation with athletics. I can see some positive and negative with Mike, but dude had an uphill battle the whole time with regards to crap like this, IF true.

That is the most asinine thing I've ever heard and better be changing now that the school is taking direct control over their fundraising.

That is the most asinine thing I've ever heard and better be changing now that the school is taking direct control over their fundraising.

Keep in mind that this is a school that keeps its academic logo separate from its athletic logo. One school...two logos. Think about the leadership behind that. Are we not all Buffs?

We need someone that can bring a lot of change. These kinds of stories are just ridiculous.

Another great stat I heard on various Buff forums... 50% of money raised for athletics, comes from NON-ALUMNI. I would be in that category. The leadership at this University is EMBARRASSING.

This is all very bizarre. Why not fire Bohn when Embree was fired? Why do it now? Seems to me like you either fire him with Embree or let him stick around to see how things go with the football program under Mac 2.0.

Heard Bohn on KOA with Logan and Kreiger. Nothing new or shocking. Stated that there is no stipulation in the contract that prevents either side from talking about the dismissal. Also stated that he was so surprised when told he was being let go that he never got into asking Dr. Phil specifically why. Said that he was told they wanted a new direction and that it was fundraising related. Also stated that that was surprising considering that he had met all of his stated job objectives and that fund raising was higher than it had ever been.

Also was very impressed that he continues to take the highest road. Very complimentary of the staff in the athletic department, refused to be led into blaming anyone in specific including the possibility that his dismissal was related to donors. Even talked about his good working relationship with DiStephano. When asked how his firing would impact M2 who would be coaching his first game under an AD who had not hired him he just stated that M2 was "the consumate proffessional" and would handle it without a problem.

Bohn clearly had his failings (mostly around extending Hawkins then allowing himself to be involved in the fiasco of Hawkins extra year then having JE imposed on the program) but I have always felt that he was a quality individual and a smart guy. His handling of this firing has only reenforced this opinion. He talked about being "in this business for 30 years" and sounded like a guy who wasn't racing to find another job. If he chooses to do so I don't think he will have to wait long to get a quality job but it also wouldn't surprise me if he instead decided to retire or semi-retire doing something related from a base in Boulder. If he has any bitterness toward the university he sure didn't let it come out in this interview.

Mike's a good guy, no question about that. Hopefully something opens up at Air Force, CSU, Denver or UNC.

I could see him doing consulting work for schools, helping develop compliance plans, helping in coaching searches, helping with long term planning and budgeting. I don't get the impression that he needs a lot more money and I don't think he has any great desire to take his family out of Boulderl

Heard Bohn on KOA with Logan and Kreiger. Nothing new or shocking. Stated that there is no stipulation in the contract that prevents either side from talking about the dismissal. Also stated that he was so surprised when told he was being let go that he never got into asking Dr. Phil specifically why. Said that he was told they wanted a new direction and that it was fundraising related. Also stated that that was surprising considering that he had met all of his stated job objectives and that fund raising was higher than it had ever been.

Also was very impressed that he continues to take the highest road. Very complimentary of the staff in the athletic department, refused to be led into blaming anyone in specific including the possibility that his dismissal was related to donors. Even talked about his good working relationship with DiStephano. When asked how his firing would impact M2 who would be coaching his first game under an AD who had not hired him he just stated that M2 was "the consumate proffessional" and would handle it without a problem.

Bohn clearly had his failings (mostly around extending Hawkins then allowing himself to be involved in the fiasco of Hawkins extra year then having JE imposed on the program) but I have always felt that he was a quality individual and a smart guy. His handling of this firing has only reenforced this opinion. He talked about being "in this business for 30 years" and sounded like a guy who wasn't racing to find another job. If he chooses to do so I don't think he will have to wait long to get a quality job but it also wouldn't surprise me if he instead decided to retire or semi-retire doing something related from a base in Boulder. If he has any bitterness toward the university he sure didn't let it come out in this interview.

We certainly didn't address the problem with CU athletics. The cancer is still here, we just got rid of the hair.

We certainly didn't address the problem with CU athletics. The cancer is still here, we just got rid of the hair.

Trump toupee to the rescue.

ynaje8at.jpg

yguhyta5.jpg

Caption this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike's a good guy, no question about that. Hopefully something opens up at Air Force, CSU, Denver or UNC.
My guess is he will get a job with Chuck Neinas for a while and head to another school as AD. Which again, makes the Toby Neinas thing odd, especially if MB ends up back with Chuck....

My guess is he will get a job with Chuck Neinas for a while and head to another school as AD. Which again, makes the Toby Neinas thing odd, especially if MB ends up back with Chuck....

Is Neinas even working at his consulting firm anymore? The guy graduated college in the 50's so he must be pushing 80 years old.

"Why are we standing here like this
Because Skiddy is trolling for rep again, obviously....."

Well duh! But for the enjoyment of a targeted group of one dozen 35 year old internet geeks.

Three out of three boobs cause cancer.

I was looking for, "I've recently been cut, too. Just like the both of you."

Last edited by a moderator:
Back