What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn To Be On 1510 AM This Afternoon On Klatt's Show

All I heard was that last weekend's recruiting went well. Meaning that the negativity surrounding such a bad performance and poor season didn't seem to hurt... therefore, negativity around losing Scott probably won't hurt either.

People are putting words in Bohn's mouth, words that don't make sense based on what Bohn obviously knows quite well, and then claiming that Bohn's an asshat for saying them. Hell, guys, don't we have enough to be upset about without resorting to that?

Besides, it's his job to put positive spin on things.

That is not how I took his comments. I think his point was people are going to do what they do, but if they have to resort to negative recruiting what does it say about their strengths as a program.

It says they are getting recruits away from CU. Go look at the espn college football front page, I don't see CU's gpa results or the bake sales hawk has his players do in the community on there.

Wins and losses will always matter more.

Negative recruiting is part of college football.. Always has been, always will be.

No no no. Where is the guarantee. I want specifics of when CU negatively recruited a player. You made the guarantee. I am calling for payment.

No no no. Where is the guarantee. I want specifics of when CU negatively recruited a player. You made the guarantee. I am calling for payment.

How could hawk recruit negatively? What's he going to say, we only lost 5 more games than that team last year and they didn't get to go to elich's?

klatt addressing the sign being painted over issue. its going back up and the macmahon pic going back up too.

bohn committed to representing the state with a first class football program. not going to lower the bar. going back to Kansas again and says thats what happens when everyone is on the same page.

momentum built against Kansas has dissipated due to the two losses since then. asked bohn if they still are in control. bohn says stadium has never been full and we've been doing better. it'd be better if we won more. Uh Bohn just said whether Joel is the HC or Dan or Bill. JK NEXT CU HEAD COACH!?

Bohn trying to downplay the attendance thing, A$M isn't what it used to be and the Buff fans aren't excited about the big 12 south teams other than TExas.

Hey Bohn, the 95 game against A$M was a sell-out.

Klatt said he wanted to say that he had been a lightning rod for the sign debate (pride and tradition of colorado buffaloes will not be entrusted to timid or weak) and that he has found out that its a remodeling issue or whatever and coach's still have it in their meeting room.

Klatt is shown nothing but class with this interview. Bohn doing a nice job explaining what his expectations are with the program.

"Can Dan Hawkins turn this around?" Bohn-"At this point obviously that is our belief." "We have a lot of time & resources invested in him to make it work".

how he talked about the sign etc.

Yea, Klatt talked about how he was a bit of "lightning rod" when it came to this story and that the sign had actually been painted over because the wall was going to be used as a video room, and the sign was going to be moved.

Bohn trying to downplay the attendance thing, A$M isn't what it used to be and the Buff fans aren't excited about the big 12 south teams other than TExas.

Hey Bohn, the 95 game against A$M was a sell-out.

exCUse is the mantra.....

Bohn interview tells me what we are really to beginning hear, Hawk is in serious trouble. Was not a resounding endorcement of Hawk at all.

Only really bad part of the interview was Bohn got a little defensive about attendance and A&M as an opponent, but I think he has done a phenomenal job filling the stadium since he has been here.

Last edited:
I highly doubt negative recruiting doesn't exist in CFB. I mean some coaches may not go all out with it, but it's hard to think that a team in the future who we're going against for a highly rated RB won't mention Scott and MH.

Didn't that Orgeron guy write a book all about recruiting? I didn't read it, anyone read it?

Bohn interview tells me what we are really beginning hear, Hawk is in serious trouble. Was not a resounding endorcement of Hawk at all.

He should be fired this minute..

I don't even want to give him the opportunity to sneak out 3 wins and he's brought back another year.. Just end it now

I highly doubt negative recruiting doesn't exist in CFB. I mean some coaches may not go all out with it, but it's hard to think that a team in the future who we're going against for a highly rated RB won't mention Scott and MH.

Didn't that Orgeron guy write a book all about recruiting? I didn't read it, anyone read it?

Of course it does. That is the point. Programs were going to use negative tactics against CU regardless of Scott situation. If it wasn't Scott transferring it would have been something else. People are going to do what ever they are going to do when it comes to recruiting.

from Bohn's comments, I am sure Hawk has to win out or he will be gone.

My gut feel tells me Hawkins is probably gone no matter what. I am not so sure winning out saves his job.

To much hurt and pain between him and the boosters at this point.

Of course it does. That is the point. Programs were going to use negative tactics against CU regardless of Scott situation. If it wasn't Scott transferring it would have been something else. People are going to do what ever they are going to do when it comes to recruiting.

Oh, sorry I skimmed over some previous posts and thought you guys were disagreeing whether or not negative recruiting happens.

Scott transferring definitely doesn't help us in recruiting that's for sure. Maybe it doesn't matter, though. Purify was a 2*, Speedy is a 2*, Charles was a 2*. Chris Brown was somewhat higher rated if I recall. at least a 3* if not a 4* out of JC.

Except for CU coaches? :confused:

I don't think CU coaches are likely to be using negative recruiting frequently, it might just be the homer in me that makes me say that. But you get a group of coaches on the road recruiting every year for as long as CU has been, I'll pretty much guarantee you somebody has gone negative somewhere along the line. It would be mind boggling to think it's never happened.... :huh:

My gut feel tells me Hawkins is probably gone no matter what. I am not so sure winning out saves his job.

To much hurt and pain between him and the boosters at this point.

That's like telling mangino he has to lose 200lbs before the mizzou game or he's gone.

The writing is on the wall.

Bohn was very very specific about his standards. And then he talked very specifcially about how Hawk and his difficulty meeting them THIS YEAR. The chances of hawk going 4 and 0 to close the season are miniscule, but if hawk meeets them, I expect the pressure will ease considerably and hawk will stay because he met bohn's standards.

All and all I don't get the impression that Bohn is committed to Hawkins. I'm under the impression that if we can win 3 of 4 Hawk will be back. Anything short of that I didn't hear any strong endorsement of Hawk.

He clearly said that at the time of the hire Hawkins was a home run, CU landed him after he had turned down other coaching opportunities. Bohn admitted that the on-field sucess is not where he expects it. Bohn said he expects CU to be top half of the Big 12 every season, and consistantly be in bowls, with BCS chances every so often.

Back