What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn To Be On 1510 AM This Afternoon On Klatt's Show

Well, then my point stands. If the fan base has been patient enough with him, how can winning out save his job?

Either the boosters want him gone or they don't. If the end of the season can save his job then we should have waited to judge this season after it was completed. Then started all the mud-flinging.

Meh. Meet goals and you save your job isn't all that uncommon. And any sane Buffs fan is willing to have a Head Coach he/she doesn't care for if the coach wins while running a clean program.

Of course people are going to be all over a coach, though, after 3 straight losing seasons, a 2-6 start and uninspired play/ mistake-prone/ poorly-coached football.

Well, then my point stands. If the fan base has been patient enough with him, how can winning out save his job?

Either the boosters want him gone or they don't. If the end of the season can save his job then we should have waited to judge this season after it was completed. Then started all the mud-flinging.

I think he should be gone regardless. Not that I think we're going to have to worry about the winning out scenario unfolding anyway.

Ehh, I think we were patient enough with him to produce positive results at least, he has shown us nothing. If he starts to show us something, then maybe he can save himself. It's not like we're losing close games that we are in until the last drive or something. We're getting blown out of almost all of our games. CSU was over at half. Toledo was over at half. Wyoming, yay. WVU and Texas were close for awhile, then we got rolled in the second half. KU we had won at the half, then somehow almost lost it. KSU pretty much over at the half. Missouri definitely over at the half.

Joel is a good kid. But, come on man, he threw CU, Hawkins, and Bohn under the bus. Then, he placated Bohn. What is it, Joel?

Probably that he's emotional and has trouble maintaining a professional distance when it comes to CU football. Hopefully today was more what we can expect from him in the future. If so, he could go places as a talking head.

The talk of winning out is hilarious. Put A&M and ISU aside for the second. We are going to win @OSU and then beat Nebraska at home? Laughable...

ISU is on the road too, and they lost two very close games to KSU and Kansas. They easily could be 7-2 right now. I have a hard time seeing us beat ISU. A&M seems to be the last chance to get a win. By the time we play Nebraska, we'd have nothing to play for (except being 3-9 vs. 2-10), while they'd be likely playing for a better bowl game. Our players would know Hawkins is gone, nothing he says could motivate the team. Since half the school is from out of state, the student section would be nearly empty. And the school would struggle to fill this section as its the day after Thanksgiving, and most people who have work/school off will be up enjoying the mountains rather than seeing CU get murdered on national TV. Nebraska could easily fill half the crowd that day. If attendance is over 35k for our last game I'd be very surprised.

One of the things that Bohn talked about that has not been mentioned in this thread is the fact the the program is moving in the right direction. Maybe not the scores but the quality of the program since Hawk has come in. I thought he made a good point that players are good students, are active around the campus and do a variety of volunteer work. The perception of the program has certainly changed and for the better IMHO.

One of the things that Bohn talked about that has not been mentioned in this thread is the fact the the program is moving in the right direction. Maybe not the scores but the quality of the program since Hawk has come in. I thought he made a good point that players are good students, are active around the campus and do a variety of volunteer work. The perception of the program has certainly changed and for the better IMHO.
Thank you. I can't say what the record is, as far as academics and those sorts of things, but we are at the top. At the same time, I want to be a winner in sports as well. This is a tough deal. I would like to see a bit of pride for our guys in terms of academics. I doubt that Darrel cares too much about that sort of thing. Isn't it crazy? All Darrel cares is about his athletic achievments. Not his academic achievments. So, what is college all about anymore?

Thank you. I can't say what the record is, as far as academics and those sorts of things, but we are at the top. At the same time, I want to be a winner in sports as well. This is a tough deal. I would like to see a bit of pride for our guys in terms of academics. I doubt that Darrel cares too much about that sort of thing. Isn't it crazy? All Darrel cares is about his athletic achievments. Not his academic achievments. So, what is college all about anymore?

How do you know what he cares about? If that's all you want, let's join the ivy league.

thats so ****ing dumb. ucla is a much better school than cu.

I hope he cares about his major, because he won't be in the NFL.
Boy...between calling him the next Marcus Houston, and now saying he won't be in the NFL, you sure know your stuff. Is your middle name Nostradamus? Perhaps you can predict for us who our next coach will be, and our record five years from now.

Boy...between calling him the next Marcus Houston, and now saying he won't be in the NFL, you sure know your stuff. Is your middle name Nostradamus? Perhaps you can predict for us who our next coach will be, and our record five years from now.

its Nostradumbass

Dude, what in DBT do you not get? My middle name is BOSTRADAMAS!

its Nostradumbass
"And it will become known, that DBT is really Misty Hawkins, and the world for Buff Nation will come to an end, unless the wise man pulls the trigger on the Zen Master...."

- Nostradamus, circa 1445

"And it will become known, that DBT is really Misty Hawkins, and the world for Buff Nation will come to an end, unless the wise man pulls the trigger on the Zen Master...."

We will win the National Championship in 2012! I predict it. I've seen it! And so it is!!! So, **** you dickwads!

this prediction has me worried. i have met dbt and he ain't no misty...

:huh:

I sat behind her at the Indepence Bowl. She is a class act. I guess that proves that Nostradamus was wrong.:thumbsup:

I take exception to the claim that Hawkins has improved the academic performance of our football team.

NCAA Academic Progress Rate

The NCAA APR score relates to how well an athletic program is doing relative to its athletes progressing to a degree. 925 is the minimum multi-year APR a program can have without incurring NCAA penalties. (925 equates to a 60% graduation rate).

CU Multi-year APR
2005 = 936 (1st year for NCAA APR - 2003-2004 academic year)
2006 = 948 (2-year average - 2003-04 and 2004-05)
2007 = 934 (3-year average - 2003-04, 2004-05, and 2005-06)
2008 = 929 (4-year average - 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, and 2006-07)
2009 = 929 (4-year average - 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07, and 2007-08)

The 2010 score is coming out this spring. Expectations are that with Jason Brace, Kendrick Celestine, Lynn Katoa, Nate Vaiomounga, Devin Head and Lamont Smith all leaving CU while ineligible, CU's APR score will dip below 925 when the 4-year average is computed this spring. We are looking at a loss of at least 6 scholarships. On the positive side, this shouldn't affect the 2010 coach since we were at 79 of the possible 85 scholarship players this season and that counts as self-penalizing ourselves early per NCAA rules.

Bottom Line: CU will be penalized with scholarship losses for the academic performance of the program under Dan Hawkins. And don't try to sell the semester GPA records. That's easily manipulated by awarding scholarships to walk-ons who have high GPAs. Don't believe the hype.

I hope he cares about his major, because he won't be in the NFL.

Times Call article said:
McKnight said he did not know why Scott did not reach his potential in Boulder but cited Scott’s injuries as one possible reason. “Hopefully, everything works out for him and he stays healthy and he has a great career, wherever he goes,” McKnight said. “That guy could be a big-time NFL back if he can stay healthy.”

http://www.timescall.com/sports-college/sportscollege-story.asp?ID=19061

But I guess Scotty doesn't really know anything. He's not around the program or anything.... :lol:

Now, can we knock off bashing kids just because they didn't fall on their swords to provide cover for Hawk???

I take exception to the claim that Hawkins has improved the academic performance of our football team.

NCAA Academic Progress Rate

The NCAA APR score relates to how well an athletic program is doing relative to its athletes progressing to a degree. 925 is the minimum multi-year APR a program can have without incurring NCAA penalties. (925 equates to a 60% graduation rate).

CU Multi-year APR
2005 = 936 (1st year for NCAA APR - 2003-2004 academic year)
2006 = 948 (2-year average - 2003-04 and 2004-05)
2007 = 934 (3-year average - 2003-04, 2004-05, and 2005-06)
2008 = 929 (4-year average - 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, and 2006-07)
2009 = 929 (4-year average - 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07, and 2007-08)

The 2010 score is coming out this spring. Expectations are that with Jason Brace, Kendrick Celestine, Lynn Katoa, Nate Vaiomounga, Devin Head and Lamont Smith all leaving CU while ineligible, CU's APR score will dip below 925 when the 4-year average is computed this spring. We are looking at a loss of at least 6 scholarships. On the positive side, this shouldn't affect the 2010 coach since we were at 79 of the possible 85 scholarship players this season and that counts as self-penalizing ourselves early per NCAA rules.

Bottom Line: CU will be penalized with scholarship losses for the academic performance of the program under Dan Hawkins. And don't try to sell the semester GPA records. That's easily manipulated by awarding scholarships to walk-ons who have high GPAs. Don't believe the hype.

Thank you for compiling this information. I have tried to make this point in other threads and was shot down.

Back