What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowl Games Thread

Let's just agree to disagree. It's a bitch move to me and it isn't just some dumb bowl game. It's something you accomplished together, that word is the whole point. I have a different mentality on this than some. I understand why but I wouldn't do it. You are always one play away or can get ****ed up off the field. To me, it shows disrespect to your teammates, that's it.

I understand him worrying about his future and wanting to stay injury free. But college football should be about fun and playing with your teammates and he's ditching them at the finish line. This is just another sad example that the college game is turning into a business.

I understand him worrying about his future and wanting to stay injury free. But college football should be about fun and playing with your teammates and he's ditching them at the finish line. This is just another sad example that the college game is turning into a business.
It's been a massive business for quite some time.

Beholden? Slaves.

Come on. Are they taken advantage of financially by the conferences, the NCAA, and the institutions? Sure.

But aside from the opportunities listed above that they receive, they do also get that education that their peers on campus might be paying on for decades.

There's a gaping chasm between not getting as much as you should and slavery. The "slavery" reference is pure hyperbole.

A ship is safest when sitting inside the harbor. But that is not what it was designed to do.

The pro golf circuit seems like the better sport for these fragile money chasers.

The bigger problem is that we have created two postseasons: 1) games that matter; and, 2) games that don't.

Far beyond CMac and LSU7, this is a big issue for CFB.
College football postseason has by and large been that way for years.

Come on. Are they taken advantage of financially by the conferences, the NCAA, and the institutions? Sure.

But aside from the opportunities listed above that they receive, they do also get that education that their peers on campus might be paying on for decades.

There's a gaping chasm between not getting as much as you should and slavery. The "slavery" reference is pure hyperbole.
My bad didn't read the end, apologies.

Klatt went through a bunch of tweets describing rule changes he would like to see made. Making an "unintentional targeting rule" where the flag still stands but the player is not ejected. Definitely agree with that.

Good ... can we keep this thread on the subject of the actual bowl games for gosh sakes? Especially since there's a whole new thread re the McCaffrey et al situations? I'd like to be able to come to this thread for info on the games rather than a debate about what a 20 or so year old kid does for his future. Just sayin' ...

Yep. Sometimes helmets are going to bump into each other when a tackle is being made. Feel bad for the dude who is missing the rest of the bowl game.
Maybe he wanted to get out of the rest of the game so that he could start preparing for the NFL combine.

Fake kneel down by Western Kentucky for 53 yards and the next play is picked off by Memphis in the end zone. 28-17 WKU

Even if you square a guy up and hit him, still might slide up to the head. I get the protection aspect but it's not possible in football imho.

BYU vs Wyoming is one of the smaller bowls I was looking forward to. Hopefully will be a good one.

These two teams have a long history and still don't like each other.

Hope that Wyo thumps them solidly.

The way this game is going due to the rain, that fumble by the Wyoming punter might be all it takes for BYU to win.

The way this game is going due to the rain, that fumble by the Wyoming punter might be all it takes for BYU to win.

That punter should've booted it through the back of the end zone for a safety rather than attempt to pick it up. Gave up 5 extra points.

Guess that old meme that "it never rains in southern California" doesn't apply tonight. It's ****ing pouring there right now.

Sloppy game. Wyoming keeps making mistakes to the advantage of BYU but so far BYU isn't pulling away. This could end up as one of those old WAC games with a crazy finish.

Back