What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowl Games Thread

Just had to post this for @TSchekler

Haha, I'm not the only one that's said there are too many bowl games. I'm fine with the background noise around the holidays and I'm sure it's a great time for the players. My real problem is more about the idea that programs and coaches are judged on their ability to go to these meaningless bowl games and 6 win teams are considered to have had a good season. I love football, but that love has come from enjoying watching football that actually means something. None of the bowl games do, outside of the CFP. I've said this before but I believe college football has always had the best regular season of any sport, but the absolute worst post season.

So... Schlabach picked his Bowls using a "confidence ranking". Here are the highlights:
  • He has CU beating OSU 31-28 on the power of CU's defense. However, this is his #3 game, which means he only has a lower degree of confidence on the results he's predicting in two games (WVU-Miami and Maryland-BC if anyone cares) so he also thinks this could easily end up the other way.
  • He's predicting Pac12 to go 5-1, and teams that CU played to go 6-1. The only loss in both cases is UW to Bama, which he's very confident (37 out of 40 confidence ranking).
  • CU is the only game in the lower 20 of the confidence ranking for the Pac12, so he's pretty confident in all those results.
It sure would be nice if the Pac12 swept the slate (with Washington at least beating Alabama) so that we started out the preseason next year with a lot of P12 teams ranked.

Edit: Linky.

So... Schlabach picked his Bowls using a "confidence ranking". Here are the highlights:
  • He has CU beating OSU 31-28 on the power of CU's defense. However, this is his #3 game, which means he only has a lower degree of confidence on the results he's predicting in two games (WVU-Miami and Maryland-BC if anyone cares) so he also thinks this could easily end up the other way.
  • He's predicting Pac12 to go 5-1, and teams that CU played to go 6-1. The only loss in both cases is UW to Bama, which he's very confident (37 out of 40 confidence ranking).
  • CU is the only game in the lower 20 of the confidence ranking for the Pac12, so he's pretty confident in all those results.
It sure would be nice if the Pac12 swept the slate (with Washington at least beating Alabama) so that we started out the preseason next year with a lot of P12 teams ranked.

Edit: Linky.

If all that happens, we're going to be looking at a Pac-12 that finishes with 6 teams in the Top 25 and 3 in the Top 10... out of a 12 team league. How does that fit with the national dialogue & belief that this was a down year for the conference?

If all that happens, we're going to be looking at a Pac-12 that finishes with 6 teams in the Top 25 and 3 in the Top 10... out of a 12 team league. How does that fit with the national dialogue & belief that this was a down year for the conference?
only thing that will fix that nonsense is if Washington beats bama.

Great game on right now on ESPN2 in the DII playoffs with #4 James Madison beating #1 North Dakota St 20-17 with 7:24 left

Great game on right now on ESPN2 in the DII playoffs with #4 James Madison beating #1 North Dakota St 20-17 with 7:24 left

Now 27-17 with about 6 minutes left. Looks like the string of championships for NDSU may be over unless an offense that hasn't been explosive can suddenly make some big plays.

Game is much more fun than last night's NFL game.

Eastern Michigan vs Old Dominion. Uggh.
I'm not going to tell you to **** off like the resident sanctimonious prick did (hey, LBuff you had it as your tagline for a while) but we had ODU season tix this year. They are a fun team to watch. I'll definitely be watching.
Go Monarchs!

NDSU doesn't seem to be in too much of a hurry despite being down 10

They haven't been in the situation of being behind late very much in the past few years, not something they have a lot of experience needing to hurry.

That offense isn't built for hurry up either.

I wonder if somebody mentioned to some of the senior leaders that regardless of how justified they might feel in skipping the bowl it would be hard to explain that to the NFL scouts. The league doesn't like guys who rock the boat. They will put up with it from someone who has star talent but if you are marginal an action like this could be enough to cost you a chance to make a roster.

App State tied at 7 with Toledo in the 1st
Arkansas St up 7-0 on UCF in the 1st
SDSU about to beat Houston up 27-10 with 8 minutes left

After struggling with Houston's speed in the first quarter, SD State has impressed me.

And yes, thank you for ****ty football to watch while I suffer through 11 hours at OHare airport with 2 cancelled flights back to Denver (so far).

Back