What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowl Games Thread

Rockets just blew it. Never put all your trust in a kicker.

Toledo screwed the pooch BIG TIME, no idea what they were thinking a the end of the game. Appy 31 Toledo 28

Terrible clock management by Bo when he had 2 TO's left, and yea what a catch on the back of the defender.

So Little Bo Peep is playing for a National Title, I'm sure fuskers everywhere are elated.

Why take a 5 yard penalty if you're going to try for the field goal?

Toledo screwed the pooch BIG TIME, no idea what they were thinking a the end of the game. Appy 31 Toledo 28

Re the App St - Toledo game ... I believe that the UT coach's strategy was to give his PK a better angle. It was stupid for two reasons: 1) the angle wasn't that bad in the first place, and if he'd been able to kick it from the original LOS, the fact that he kind of sliced it wouldn't have mattered ... but of course hindsight is 20/20 etc. ... but 2) it shouldn't have been an issue in the first place.

You're 4th and 1 deep in the red zone, and while your running game was largely stifled by the App St defense through three quarters, it has been slicing through and exhausting that defense this particular drive. Why the **** do you then choose to put your faith in a placekicker instead of in your offense to get what should have been an easy first down?

I should have been a coach.

EDIT: And I have to say ... that although on the face of them the games today held little interest for me, and I had no dog in any of the fights (other than wanting Toledo win as a MAC fan) ... they have been very entertaining. And the So Miss v UL-Lafayette game is shaping up to be that way too.

Last edited:
well, the tailgate and the weather were outstanding at the Cure Bowl. And one of the two teams showed up. UCF spent too much time at their local brew pubs this week I guess.

I am little annoyed that EWU lost to the Nose.

As much as I hate agreeing with Husker fan on anything, I can't stand to see the Nose succeed in anything. I want him to lose to his kids in checkers. (You know that ****er would totally cheat against his own kid.)

After struggling with Houston's speed in the first quarter, SD State has impressed me.

And yes, thank you for ****ty football to watch while I suffer through 11 hours at OHare airport with 2 cancelled flights back to Denver (so far).
OHare? Gross. Midway is the way to go in/out of Chicago

Not a good trend starting here. Very selfish.

Why? It's like when NFL players skip the Pro Bowl, except these kids don't have any money yet. Unless you're playing for a natty, these games don't matter. All high round NFL prospects would be wise to skip them, unless they take out an insurance policy for millions.

Why? It's like when NFL players skip the Pro Bowl, except these kids don't have any money yet. Unless you're playing for a natty, these games don't matter. All high round NFL prospects would be wise to skip them, unless they take out an insurance policy for millions.

I see that side of it, but I'm old school with this. You're on a team. You have a game. If you're physically able, you play.

I see that side of it, but I'm old school with this. You're on a team. You have a game. If you're physically able, you play.
The money is far too life-changing these days for guys to have an old school mentality. McCaffrey and Fournette are almost sure fire 1st round picks and would probably have 25-30 touches a piece in their bowl games. Would you risk giving up $7-8m guaranteed (low end 1st round money)?

The money is far too life-changing these days for guys to have an old school mentality. McCaffrey and Fournette are almost sure fire 1st round picks and would probably have 25-30 touches a piece in their bowl games. Would you risk giving up $7-8m guaranteed (low end 1st round money)?

If you were in the League, would you claim a phantom injury and sit out to protect your body once you'd reached whatever performance bonuses you had in your contract? Or does your team winning matter to you?

Back