What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowl projections

Maybe a dumb question, but are we sure the Peach Bowl gets #1 vs #4? The front page of the Peach Bowl website says "either #1 vs #4 or #2 vs #3".

Would people feel differently if it was Bama in the Fiesta Bowl?

I'll go wherever the Buffs go. I'll scream myself hoarse wherever that it.

Was thinking it would be funny that we are arguing that we can go to the Rose bowl any year....and thought "It'd be funny if we went to the CFP's for many years in a row". Implausible, but...would be pretty funny to be the top team and not go to the Rose Bowl year after year.

well, you're wrong, in my opinion. there are 2 camps. I am not in yours. simple as that. you get a chance to win it all, you take it.
You're framing it as "too scared to compete in the playoffs v. not scared to compete in the playoffs"

I view at as:

The highest honor in college football v. the greatest experience in college football.

You're framing it as "too scared to compete in the playoffs v. not scared to compete in the playoffs"

I view at as:

The highest honor in college football v. the greatest experience in college football.
I'm not seeing it that way. to me, playing for a championship is part and parcel to a player's (and fan's) greatest experience, while Rose Bowls can happen with more frequency than CFP's...but I digress

I'm not seeing it that way. to me, playing for a championship is part and parcel to a player's (and fan's) greatest experience, while Rose Bowls can happen with more frequency than CFP's...but I digress
Yes, there are different ways to view it. Thus my point.

I would love to be in the playoffs.

Have a great evening.

How many of you CFP zealots are buying airline travel to Atlanta?

I'm thinking that the people with minds blown are planning to be TV fans. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I want to here who is actually going to put cash on the barrelhead, book a flight to Atlanta to enjoy the company of tens of thousands of Bama fans milling about your hotel lobby.

It's a lot easier to make the argument about the merits of the CFP over the Rose if you know you'll be watching either game from the sofa of your own home.

It's pretty damn selfish to keep 30,000 CU alums who reside in Southern California and all the parents of CU's California players from an easy trip to the Rancho Cucamonga - Anaheim bi-city area to enjoy the Rose Bowl.
Lol

Ridiculous that some selfish fans, given their druthers, would deny this amazing team the chance to win it all. There, the right side can be high and mighty too. LOL

Best case scenario for me this weekend is this: Buffs win, UW wins, and at least one of Clemson/Wisconsin/Penn State/USC gets upset. This basically guarantees that at worst we end up in the Cotton Bowl if we lose to UW (if the committee wrongly snubs us for USC), and would drastically help our chances at the playoff if we beat UW.

We play at UCLA next year if the road trip is that important to you. I'm talking about taking a shot at a ****ing national championship, for crissakes!

There's no ****ing NYD parade during the regular season. Give me the Tournament of Roses and this dialog is over.

I think we can agree that the Larry Culpepper and the CFP organizers are the real assholes for failing to select the Rose Bowl this year as a destination.

Obvious preference should be CFP if given the opportunity. We have seen how this system works -- it is extremely unpredictable, and who knows -- CU could possibly even have a better team with a better record in an upcoming season and not get selected (and then we'd all be ticked off)

Bottom line - if the opportunity presents itself, then you go for it!

Both Brett McMurphy and Mark Schlachbach from ESPN have us in the Alamo Bowl against a school from Oklahoma-which would imply the loser of Bedlam. I'd love the playoff or the Rose, but if we wind up there.........that's not a bad way to cap off an incredible year.

Maybe a dumb question, but are we sure the Peach Bowl gets #1 vs #4? The front page of the Peach Bowl website says "either #1 vs #4 or #2 vs #3".

Would people feel differently if it was Bama in the Fiesta Bowl?
According to the CFP selection committee website regarding pairings for the semifinals:
"When assigning teams to sites, the committee will place the top two seeds at the most advantageous sites, weighing criteria such as convenience of travel for its fans, home-crowd advantage or disadvantage and general familiarity with the host city and its stadium. Preference will go to the No. 1 seed."

So... unless the Buffs somehow end up facing someone like Oklahoma as a higher seed or end up as the #2 seed, Fiesta bowl is highly unlikely.

Both Brett McMurphy and Mark Schlachbach from ESPN have us in the Alamo Bowl against a school from Oklahoma-which would imply the loser of Bedlam. I'd love the playoff or the Rose, but if we wind up there.........that's not a bad way to cap off an incredible year.
Sounds like they have us losing the P12CG finishing third in the Pac.

Since CU still has such a long way to go before EITHER scenario (CFP or Rose Bowl) is an option, I will just talk in "hypotheticals".

1. I don't think a 2 loss team even deserves to play for the national championship, especially if any of the teams they lost to had, or eventually, lost.
2. I love NOT having the playoffs so that people actually DO feel screwed and talk with passion about their season. With the playoffs, people just shrug their shoulders and say "well, at least it was fair." Lame.

Ergo, if Alabama and Michigan (or any of the one-loss teams) win out, no one else in the country has any business challenging them for a title.*
* And if there are more than 1 one-loss teams, the one that had the best wins gets in.

GOOD LORD I hate the CFP!

However, since it's the way it is; if you're invited, you f'ing go. And you dominate!

Anyone who wants the Rose over the Playoff is an idiot. I'm sorry, it's just that simple. You play for national championships. The playoff is how you win them. Obviously I would love the Rose and the playoff is a stretch, but what the ****? Who wouldn't want to be two wins away from a national title? Even if we got drubbed in the playoff, we made it where 124 other FBS teams didn't and most never will. Playoffs will be remembered far more than Rose Bowls. This is a new era.

Oh, and the show they put on in Atlanta for the Peach is fantastic (and spare me the Rose pageantry rant..I know). One of the best out there. I've been to a fair share of bowls, and the two Peach Bowls are way up there. Atlanta pulls out all the stunts.

Anyone who wants the Rose over the Playoff is an idiot. I'm sorry, it's just that simple. You play for national championships. The playoff is how you win them. Obviously I would love the Rose and the playoff is a stretch, but what the ****? Who wouldn't want to be two wins away from a national title? Even if we got drubbed in the playoff, we made it where 124 other FBS teams didn't and most never will. Playoffs will be remembered far more than Rose Bowls. This is a new era.

Oh, and the show they put on in Atlanta for the Peach is fantastic (and spare me the Rose pageantry rant..I know). One of the best out there. I've been to a fair share of bowls, and the two Peach Bowls are way up there. Atlanta pulls out all the stunts.
Anybody who doesn't want their team in the Rose Bowl hates college football and is probably a commie.

Comrade BigSky here. You always play to win...and the CFP is penultimate championship in College Sports. The Rose Bowl would be an incredible consolation prize, but the chances of being in the playoffs is so slim, and everything has to go right, you take your shots when you get them.
If it's in Atlanta, I guarantee you I'll be there.

Let's just win this week.

Comrade BigSky here. You always play to win...and the CFP is penultimate championship in College Sports. The Rose Bowl would be an incredible consolation prize, but the chances of being in the playoffs is so slim, and everything has to go right, you take your shots when you get them.
If it's in Atlanta, I guarantee you I'll be there.

Let's just win this week.
You live, like, 20 minutes away! Big deal.

How many of you CFP zealots are buying airline travel to Atlanta?

I'm thinking that the people with minds blown are planning to be TV fans. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I want to hear who is actually going to put cash on the barrelhead, book a flight to Atlanta to enjoy the company of tens of thousands of Bama fans milling about your hotel lobby.

It's a lot easier to make the argument about the merits of the CFP over the Rose if you know you'll be watching either game from the sofa of your own home.

It's pretty damn selfish to keep 30,000 CU alums who reside in Southern California and all the parents of CU's California players from an easy trip to the Rancho Cucamonga - Anaheim bi-city area to enjoy the Rose Bowl.
I'm driving!

Back