What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowl projections

Bowls with sub 6 win teams should either not be televised or played at 1 am EST.

While I have publicly voice a desire, here on these pages of Allbuffs, for the Buffs to go to the Rose Bowl instead of the playoffs, I have come to my senses. I could say the change was due to a UFO encounter last night, or that Jesus came to me while sleeping, but that would be wrong. After reading every syllable in this thread, it's clear there is wisdom between the letters of many a post and it has caused me to question myself. Internal soul searching has pinpointed a weakness. Even in the glory of this year, I still suffer from post traumatic fan disorder caused from the last decade. It has cause fear - fear of matching up against the best - and fear is weakness.

Our Buffs deserve better from this fan. They have proven toughness, resiliency, passion, focus, and an uncommon desire to rewrite the script. The least I can do is change and discard this fear. So let's win the south tomorrow with authority and follow it up with an eye-opening performance against Washington so convincingly that the selection committee has no choice but to include the Buffs in the top 4. Then, let the unthinkable happen. Because these Buffs can compete on any level, regardless of opponent.

Pardon me while I go run through a wall. Go BUFFS!

My favorite takes in this thread are from the fans who prefer the Rose Bowl to the CFP based on a parade.

I know its not gonna be this year but I think the Buffs are going to play int he national championship sometime in the next 2-3 seasons...patience grasshopper...patience...that's my bowl prediction for 2019

I know its not gonna be this year but I think the Buffs are going to play int he national championship sometime in the next 2-3 seasons...patience grasshopper...patience...that's my bowl prediction for 2019

You "know" it's not gonna be this year?

Let's see what happens today. If the Buffs win and things break a certain way in other games, CU could be ranked as high as 5th thru 7th and playing a #3 or #4 Washington next week.

I'm starting to think we might get the Rose Bowl bid even if we lose to UW (assuming we win today).

While I have publicly voice a desire, here on these pages of Allbuffs, for the Buffs to go to the Rose Bowl instead of the playoffs, I have come to my senses. I could say the change was due to a UFO encounter last night, or that Jesus came to me while sleeping, but that would be wrong. After reading every syllable in this thread, it's clear there is wisdom between the letters of many a post and it has caused me to question myself. Internal soul searching has pinpointed a weakness. Even in the glory of this year, I still suffer from post traumatic fan disorder caused from the last decade. It has cause fear - fear of matching up against the best - and fear is weakness.

Our Buffs deserve better from this fan. They have proven toughness, resiliency, passion, focus, and an uncommon desire to rewrite the script. The least I can do is change and discard this fear. So let's win the south tomorrow with authority and follow it up with an eye-opening performance against Washington so convincingly that the selection committee has no choice but to include the Buffs in the top 4. Then, let the unthinkable happen. Because these Buffs can compete on any level, regardless of opponent.

Pardon me while I go run through a wall. Go BUFFS!
APB for a guy named Jesus. Last seen stalking in a guy calling himself "married2abuff's" bedroom. Suspect has long hair and a beard. Possibly in sandles and a bathrobe.

We need to be impressive today and give UW a hell of a fight to be considered as non Pac-12 champs, imo.

I'm not of the opinion that the Rose Bowl might want USC as the "hometown" team, but rather because they're most likely going to fist ND today and come out of the season as the hottest college football team this side of Tuscaloosa.

We need to show them we can be that kind of team too. I think they'll take us over USC if all things are equal, actually, due to the uniqueness of our story.

This thread has me very worried about the future of allbuffs.

Any year that the Rose Bowl is a legitimate possibility late in the season, the playoff will also be a possibility.

Which means we're going to see this exact same argument repeated almost annually.

This thread has me very worried about the future of allbuffs.

Any year that the Rose Bowl is a legitimate possibility late in the season, the playoff will also be a possibility.

Which means we're going to see this exact same argument repeated almost annually.
Only from the idot vocal minority.

Right on, settle for nothing less than the CFP or Rose Bowl. Nobody would remember the Alamo Bowl.

I do, we lost to Wisconsin...But seriously, I know what you're saying. Rose or playoff or bust at this point.

remember-the-alamo-carol-groenen.jpg

Back