What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowl projections

I am looking for the easiest possible route to Pasadena. Beating a fringe top 25 and a top 15-20-ish team in our house sounds like a more feasible and easier route than upsetting a top 5 national title contender on a neutral field.

We're either on a 2001 run or we're not. If we are, I don't worry about the opponent. If we're not, this is all moot.

Based upon the final BCS standings, it could conceivably be UW with one loss in the Rose Bowl even if we beat them in the CCG.

Based upon the final BCS standings, it could conceivably be UW with one loss in the Rose Bowl even if we beat them in the CCG.

The only remaining BCS in college football is on Allbuffs ;)

I don't think the Pac-12 gets the credit it deserves in general, but who are you thinking about here exactly? Do you see them shutting out the Pac-12 for 2 ACC or B1G teams? I think those are the only 2 conferences who look like they might have two contenders right now.

No it wont.

The rose bowl goes to the CCG champion. If that champion is selected for the playoff then it is the next rated team in the conference.

No it wont.

The rose bowl goes to the CCG champion. If that champion is selected for the playoff then it is the next rated team in the conference.

I think he means that a one loss UW might get left out of the playoff.

I want to celebrate this team and what they've done all culminating into this bowl game, I want it to be about them and only them, not our opponent. That's why I don't like the idea of playing Nebraska, then it becomes about some old hatred-filled rivalry.

Nothing would be sweeter than to smoke those arseholes in a bowl game. It's actually a buff bucket list item of mine

We owe them, especially for '08. And we are the better team this year. Reigniting old rivalries is a special aspect of bowls. Beats facing an ACC team like Pitt that brings 2 fans to bowl games (Sun Bowl) or an unappealing Big XII former foe in which no rivalry exists. Oklahoma is appealing, not much else.

I don't think facing Nebraska makes it about them, but to each their own. Give me a hyped up game like that anyday. Certainly other appealing opponents as well, just hope to avoid a K-State, Pittsburgh type opponent.

I'd much rather play a team worthy of being in the rose bowl. The fuskers are a farce, will be exposed soon, and aren't worth our time.

If we win out the regular season, then we've hung one additional loss on both WSU and Utah, and we win the P12 South - those wins will, in all likelihood have us ranked higher than either of them.

In the north, assuming we win out, the north champion is likely going to be the winner of WSU and UW.

If the north champion is UW, and we lose the championship game, they'll go to the playoff, and I would be hard pressed to imagine the Rose taking WSU or Utah ahead of us - especially because we will have beaten them head to head within the last month (and within the last week for Utah). If we beat UW in the CCG, we'll also go to the Rose because we're not making the playoff*.

If the north champion is WSU, then we'll have to beat the pirate again to get to Pasadena - because neither they nor us are getting into the playoff*.

*unless weird **** happens elsewhere in college football, which it always could because November and college football.

And even if Michigan or Ohio state made the playoff Wisconsin will still be the team IMO.
Why do you think that. Both of those teams best Wisco. If Michigan beats OSU, they are in playoffs and OSU is in the Rose bowl. If OSU beats Michigan, they are probably in the playoffs and we see a rematch.

I think we'd crush them.

Agreed. They've looked entirely mediocre. Their best performances were Wyoming and Northwestern before each got rolling over the last couple weeks. Their Oregon win was due to Helfrich's stupidity and ref assistance.

Back