What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowl projections

We will not play NU in a bowl game this year.

They are ineligible to be selected for the Holiday Bowl.

They are ineligible to be selected for the Foster Farms Bowl.

They are not good enough to be selected for the Rose Bowl.

We will not play the fuskers in a bowl game this year.

The Rise Bowl would be great, obviously, but would you really want to see us play Michigan again?
Ummm, not really. Harbaugh would be bringing an angry squad pissed that they were left out of the playoffs and having heard about all of us saying we would have won if our QB didn't go down. Buffs would be in part just happy to be there.

That would end really badly.

Ummm, not really. Harbaugh would be bringing an angry squad pissed that they were left out of the playoffs and having heard about all of us saying we would have won if our QB didn't go down. Buffs would be in part just happy to be there.

That would end really badly.
Or, like a lot of top teams, they are upset and indifferent about it due to being left out of the CFP.

We will not play NU in a bowl game this year.

They are ineligible to be selected for the Holiday Bowl.

They are ineligible to be selected for the Foster Farms Bowl.

They are not good enough to be selected for the Rose Bowl.

We will not play the fuskers in a bowl game this year.

I thought the Holiday and FF bowls could take teams two out of five years?

I thought the Holiday and FF bowls could take teams two out of five years?
Other way around: have to take 5 different teams every 6 years, so only one team can go twice, and they are supposed to try to take 6 different teams. Even outside of the "try to take 6 different teams," why in the world would you choose NU to be the team in the B1G you invite twice?

Also, I originally saw the limitation on a B1G website, and they listed NU and Wisconsin as ineligible for the Holiday, and Maryland and NU as ineligible for the Foster Farms Bowl.

Other way around: have to take 5 different teams every 6 years, so only one team can go twice, and they are supposed to try to take 6 different teams. Even outside of the "try to take 6 different teams," why in the world would you choose NU to be the team in the B1G you invite twice?

Also, I originally saw the limitation on a B1G website, and they listed NU and Wisconsin as ineligible for the Holiday, and Maryland and NU as ineligible for the Foster Farms Bowl.

Because of the storylines-you've got an old big 8 rivalry. Just like OU being a no brainer if we play in the Alamo Bowl....

Why do you think that. Both of those teams best Wisco. If Michigan beats OSU, they are in playoffs and OSU is in the Rose bowl. If OSU beats Michigan, they are probably in the playoffs and we see a rematch.
Just trying to say that there is another team above Nebraska besides Ohio state and Michigan.

Utah losing too many games opens up the possibility of a three way tie where USC would hold the tiebreaker over CU. The winner of CU-UU will play in the CCG unless things get complicated and the door is opened to USC.

CBS Sports has CU vs Baylor in the Alamo

ESPN has Schlabach with CU/Nebraska in the Holiday, McMurphy with CU/Northwestern in the Holiday

Not that I'd be unhappy with either Holiday or Alamo, but let's keep that chip on our shoulder and smack Utah and Wazzu out of the Rose projections.

Know the bowl lineup is all different now with playoff/New Years Six, but feels like we're missing a decent bowl compared to some conferences. Due to geography we're cut off from something decent like the Citrus, Gator or Outback to enhance our lineup. It would also help if the Foster Farms Bowl would give itself a better name. Hell, keep the sponsor, but add SOMETHING. It's actually a halfway decent bowl, but that name makes it seem like one of those ****ty bowls between 6-6 teams on Dec 17 from the MAC and Sun-Belt instead of the pretty solid Pac/B1G matchup it is.

Utah losing too many games opens up the possibility of a three way tie where USC would hold the tiebreaker over CU. The winner of CU-UU will play in the CCG unless things get complicated and the door is opened to USC.
Utah losing every game between now and EOY has no bearing on CU's record vs USC in the standings. You might be talking about the potential for a 3 way tie between CU/UU/USC, but I really do not believe that outcome is in the cards.

Utah losing every game between now and EOY has no bearing on CU's record vs USC in the standings. You might be talking about the potential for a 3 way tie between CU/UU/USC, but I really do not believe that outcome is in the cards.
A 3 way tie means we beat each other so no one gets an advantage there, right, and the south winner would be the highest ranked?

It won't matter cause there isn't going to be a tie. Utah is going to get boat raced this weekend and then lose to CU, while CU runs the table.
I may be in the minority, but I think Utah will play Washington very close and maybe win....however I think we will beat them comfortably in Boulder.

I agree with @CVilleBuff that the Pac is missing another high profile bowl.

There is also not a single bowl tie in on the east coast - the only other P5 conference that is similarly parochial in its bowl locations is the SEC.

Adding to that is the relative rankings of the B1G teams the Pac affiliated bowls draw: the Holiday gets the Pac #3 vs the B1G #4, but the 5 different B1G teams in 6 years means that the Holiday will often end up with a lesser pick than #4 would indicate. Foster Farms has the Pac #4 vs the B1G #7, which of course almost always ends up with a lesser opponent for the Pac's #4 team.

Finally, the Las Vegas Bowl is set up as a permanent trap game: the Pac #6 (or #7 if a P12 team is in the playoff) vs the MWC #1. Most years the P12 team is going to be disappointed with that game, and the MWC team is either going to be pumped up to be there *or* they'll be playing with a chip on their shoulders because they "got snubbed" by the New Year's 6.

Rankings have nothing to do with it. Three way tiebreakers go south division record after PAC 12 record.
Not nothing, but at the bottom of the list:

Multiple-team ties If three or more teams are tied atop a division at the end of the season, the following criteria are used to eliminate teams until just two teams remain, at which point the two-team tiebreaking procedure is used.
  1. Head-to-head results (best record in games between tied teams)
  2. Record in intra-divisional games
  3. Record against the next highest placed team in the division (based on the record in all conference games), proceeding through the division
  4. Record in common conference games
  5. Highest ranking in College Football Playoff poll entering the final weekend of the regular season

It won't matter cause there isn't going to be a tie. Utah is going to get boat raced this weekend and then lose to CU, while CU runs the table.
You hear people use the term "boat raced" a lot lately. I had no idea what the origin of the term was until I just Googled it.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boat raced

To be beaten very badly at something, especially in such a fashion that you were behind from the start and never had a chance. Comes from the Boat Race, an annual rowing competition between Oxford and Cambridge, in which the first side to get ahead can move to the middle of the river (where the current is fastest) and is almost never overtaken thereafter.

Oxford and Cambridge rowing? SMFH. Let's agree that the term should never be used to describe a football game again. :ROFLMAO:

Back