What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowls and D2 Championship game today 12/21

That onside kick was hilarious.

PAC-12 #1 conference. SEC haters were right.

SEC can still have the national champion, of course.

But it has been fun watching some $EC teams (and Bailer, **** Bailer) get rolled this postseason.

OU definitely looked like the team that wanted it more last night. Every time they showed the OU sideline those guys were fired up. That's a real nice win for the Big 12.

Good Win. Now bama can go crawl back under a rock somewhere. Man OU is going to be scary good next year. As much as I hate them (OU), it's easier to ignore knowing we beat them recently and owned them not that long ago. **** bama, their fans are as bad as husker fan, almost. Enjoyed watching those bandwagon jumpers crying at the end while OU handed them their ass.

Just watching the end of the gameon DVD. I hate to say it but it looks like a Greg Brown coached secondary for Bama. 1st and 30, no problem. I've never seen so many missed tackles for the Crimson Turd. Have to wonder if he'll be around next year.

OU definitely looked like the team that wanted it more last night. Every time they showed the OU sideline those guys were fired up. That's a real nice win for the Big 12.

I felt like Bama wanted it pretty badly too. They came to play, but they didn't have an answer for OU's blitz.

Hopefully this means Mike Stoops will be in line for the UCLA job when Mora leaves for Texas.

831461254.gif

I felt like Bama wanted it pretty badly too. They came to play, but they didn't have an answer for OU's blitz.

The media loves to talk about the speed in the SEC but how often has Bama seen pass rushers as fast as OU put out there. Those guys are sprinters going after the QB, just ran right by the Bama OL much of the night.

I don't see the need to be a sap for the other pac-12 schools. When we were in the Big 12 I highly doubt that you and others were rooting for Nebraska, Texas, OU, KU B-ball, etc. And no I don't like it that we're in the Pac-12 but I'm not any less of a CU fan now that we're in this conference.

And I actually did root for Pac-12 teams this year, I pulled for ASU and Stanford when they played ND. :smile2: I also like USC especially those dominant teams they had in the early-mid 2000's.

Thanks for your response here, Carolina, I forgot to get back on this one.

The truth of the matter is, I always rooted for the Big 8 and Big 12 in Bowl play. You're wrong about me on that one. Nebraska was a little ticklish for me, because I wanted our conference bowl record to reflect their win, but I couldn't stomach a husker victory. I just learned to be both happy and sad, either way in their case. But I always cared about whatever conference we were in. Obviously, CU sinks or swims by it's own record of success, but existing in a successful conference is still validating.

And in those years that the Big 12 was down, or even just overrated, I was able to admit (as an aside).

But like you, I do have my own regional bias. Because I spent my formative years within a short drive to the Pacific Ocean I like being in the west. The Pac was my second favorite conference once I became a Big 8 fan (my freshman year at CU), though I always thought the Pac was a **** football conference during the 90s. So for me, the merger of CU and Pac makes it easy to root for the conference. I understand where you are torn.

But it seems like you always root against your conference. That's just not aligned with my world view. My favorite team will always reside in my favorite conference. I know that my favorite team will always be CU, but the conference may change (as it has) and I will continue to adjust.

Thanks for your response here, Carolina, I forgot to get back on this one.

The truth of the matter is, I always rooted for the Big 8 and Big 12 in Bowl play. You're wrong about me on that one. Nebraska was a little ticklish for me, because I wanted our conference bowl record to reflect their win, but I couldn't stomach a husker victory. I just learned to be both happy and sad, either way in their case. But I always cared about whatever conference we were in. Obviously, CU sinks or swims by it's own record of success, but existing in a successful conference is still validating.

And in those years that the Big 12 was down, or even just overrated, I was able to admit (as an aside).

But like you, I do have my own regional bias. Because I spent my formative years within a short drive to the Pacific Ocean I like being in the west. The Pac was my second favorite conference once I became a Big 8 fan (my freshman year at CU), though I always thought the Pac was a **** football conference during the 90s. So for me, the merger of CU and Pac makes it easy to root for the conference. I understand where you are torn.

But it seems like you always root against your conference. That's just not aligned with my world view. My favorite team will always reside in my favorite conference. I know that my favorite team will always be CU, but the conference may change (as it has) and I will continue to adjust. Oh and **** bailor!

fify

Orr stands for Orregon. It is his favorite school

I know you're joking, but I don't like Oregon. I grew up a Duck fan, but now I despise them. But I still root for them when it comes to bowl time.

I agree that Bama wasn't overlooking OU. And, I don't think the answer was AJ, but the manchild Henry was running it down their throats. I think if Saban sticks with riding Henry they win the game. I wonder if that kid has a Dominican birth certificate, because I cant believe he was in high school last year. Even his unfortunate hairline screams late 20's.

I know you're joking, but I don't like Oregon. I grew up a Duck fan, but now I despise them. But I still root for them when it comes to bowl time.

It all makes sense, you also love using shortened names like rado.

I agree that Bama wasn't overlooking OU. And, I don't think the answer was AJ, but the manchild Henry was running it down their throats. I think if Saban sticks with riding Henry they win the game. I wonder if that kid has a Dominican birth certificate, because I cant believe he was in high school last year. Even his unfortunate hairline screams late 20's.

Henry is a freak. I haven't seen anything like that since Bama's runningback took it to ND last year.

Maybe Saban could have gone to Henry more often earlier, but note at the end of the game, when passing was the only feasible answer, Saban was still handing the ball of the Henry because he knew that was his only chance (and that little dink in space worked out pretty well), even a the expense of the clock. So I feel as though Saban agrees with you, and it still wasn't enough.

The price of victory can be steep.

[video=youtube;oPojG4XpLAY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPojG4XpLAY&sns=tw[/video]

Back