What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bracketology 2013/2014

ESPN's favorite black-and-gold team, Iowa, is about to get bounced by Northwestern, who I believe have themselves never been to an NCAA tournament in program history.

ESPN's favorite black-and-gold team, Iowa, is about to get bounced by Northwestern, who I believe have themselves never been to an NCAA tournament in program history.

Love it.

Iowa has no business being anything above an 11 seed.

Iowa's 6th loss in 7 games. Whoever draws Iowa will be a very fortunate team, Hawkeyes are a mess right now.

I've had a good day! CU beats Cal and makes it to the Pac 12 semis ... and my undergrad alma mater Eastern Michigan (6th seed in the MAC tourney) bounces Bobby Hurley's 3rd seeded U of Buffalo to make it to the conference semis against 2nd seeded Toledo (who we split with during the regular season). Got to see it on ESPN 3's stream ... two great (but tense) games in one day. Don't even care how much my life expectancy may have been shortened. :lol:

I've had a good day! CU beats Cal and makes it to the Pac 12 semis ... and my undergrad alma mater Eastern Michigan (6th seed in the MAC tourney) bounces Bobby Hurley's 3rd seeded U of Buffalo to make it to the conference semis against 2nd seeded Toledo (who we split with during the regular season). Got to see it on ESPN 3's stream ... two great (but tense) games in one day. Don't even care how much my life expectancy may have been shortened. :lol:

For once we are in agreement. :smile2:

Dream seed: paired up in the 8-9 game with Iowa, in the Shockers' region.
I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Not really thinking too much about this. Wherever they have us playing, we'll show up. It comes down somewhat to the luck of draw.

I'd take that!

Palm finally halfway woke up to Iowa (10 seed). I think they should be an 11 or 12, but it's progress. Now we'll see if Lunardi gets up to speed with Iowa. He only recently grudgingly dropped them to an 8. Iowa has no business being an 8 or anywhere near that.

Palm just updated. CU an 8 seed playing Kansas State in Milwaukee, winner plays Wisconsin

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

If we end up as an 8/9 seed then I'd want to be in the Wichita's region, although Wiscy as a 1-seed wouldn't be too bad either considering you're looking at a 1-seed in the next round.

He doesn't have either Duke or UVA playing in Raleigh and I don't see it playing out that way.

And there is the humblebrag from Mr. Courtside.

Weird why you always feel the need to point that out, it was a personal observation from another post about their defense being incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why everyone is so eager to end up in Wichita State's region. Just because they're a mid-conference team doesn't mean they're a mid-conference team. They're good. 7th best offense in the nation and 11th best defense. Clearanthony Early is a legit potential All-American. Baker has been out of his mind all year and Van Vleet is a damn good PG who could give us fits.

Give me whomever the B1G sacrifices as a 1 seed if we're 8/9 please.

I'm not sure why everyone is so eager to end up in Wichita State's region. Just because they're a mid-conference team doesn't mean they're a mid-conference team. They're good. 7th best offense in the nation and 11th best defense. Clearanthony Early is a legit potential All-American. Baker has been out of his mind all year and Van Vleet is a damn good PG who could give us fits.

Shockers don't get respect because of their ridiculous SOS, what #108, or so? And their high offensive/defensive rankings are based on pouring it on against some really weak opponents.

Gee, looking at their terribly weak sked, its as if their coach was a Tom Osbourne disciple, leaving his starters in, late in every game for purposes of rankings or something!

Wichita State is legit...just watch them and you can tell they do everything well. I would much rather not have to play any #1 before Sweet 16 or later, but I would definitely take Villanova, Wisconsin, Michigan before Wichita State

Shockers don't get respect because of their ridiculous SOS, what #108, or so? And their high offensive/defensive rankings are based on pouring it on against some really weak opponents.

Gee, looking at their terribly weak sked, its as if their coach was a Tom Osbourne disciple, leaving his starters in, late in every game for purposes of rankings or something!

Good to see you earned that custom user title.

No #1 seed is going to be easy but they haven't played anyone in a while. So we could be their first "real game."

I'm really not getting too consumed by this whole process like I said in an earlier post, whoever we get, we get. The matchup predictions after the top seeds are a lot less predictable. The thing I want the most is going to the place where CU would get the most fan support.

Pitt is dominating North Carolina. I'm sure UNC will still end up 2 seeds higher than they deserve.

I would have them as a 6 or 7. Probably a 6 with respect to how well they played in the last month and a half. You think they'll get a better seed than that?

Wichita State is legit...just watch them and you can tell they do everything well. I would much rather not have to play any #1 before Sweet 16 or later, but I would definitely take Villanova, Wisconsin, Michigan before Wichita State

Agreed. Haven't been impressed with Nova. The Big East is nowhere near what it used to be. And Wichita State is good. They'd be a 1 seed still if they were in any other conference. They wouldn't be undefeated, but they are a legit 1 seed.

Back