What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bracketology 2013/2014

I have my doubts we win a first round game, but if we did, I'm in the boat that Wichita State would be the ideal 1 or 2 seed to draw. Wichita is about to start playing the big boys. They've only played 1 decent team all year (Saint Louis)...2 if you want to count BYU. That doesn't mean Wichita isn't "good", it's just that it's quite rational to expect there to be a bit of an adjustment in stepping up in competition level in a big way after playing teams with RPI's of 209 for the last few months.

I have my doubts we win a first round game, but if we did, I'm in the boat that Wichita State would be the ideal 1 or 2 seed to draw. Wichita is about to start playing the big boys. They've only played 1 decent team all year (Saint Louis)...2 if you want to count BYU. That doesn't mean Wichita isn't "good", it's just that it's quite rational to expect there to be a bit of an adjustment in stepping up in competition level in a big way after playing teams with RPI's of 209 for the last few months.

I dont know if I agree with you here. If we see wichita, they'll have a warm up game in the first round and then on to us. They have a lot more tourney experience than our team does because of last years run. We had XJ, Jelly and ski play last year, and talton got 3 minutes. All the other guys (jhop, fletch, king, stalzer, etc) havent been on a stage this big yet. Experience (and point guards) win games in march. We are thin on both.

I dont know if I agree with you here. If we see wichita, they'll have a warm up game in the first round and then on to us. They have a lot more tourney experience than our team does because of last years run. We had XJ, Jelly and ski play last year, and talton got 3 minutes. All the other guys (jhop, fletch, king, stalzer, etc) havent been on a stage this big yet. Experience (and point guards) win games in march. We are thin on both.

A warm up game against another garbage opponent. What good does beating McNeese State do for preparing them for the big time? I think it's insanity anyone would prefer playing a Florida or Duke instead of Wichita. Wichita has some flaws just waiting to get exposed by someone with a pulse. Are they better than CU? Yeah. Would I fancy our chances over Wichita far more than a major conference blueblood? Absolutely.

They are probably the worst 2 seed - Looking at this weeks bracketology, I'd rather slip to the 11 line.

3 Seeds, UVA (Dangerous), Sparty (injured), Mich, and nova

They are probably the worst 2 seed - Looking at this weeks bracketology, I'd rather slip to the 11 line.

3 Seeds, UVA (Dangerous), Sparty (injured), Mich, and nova
At this point we still need to win another game minimum to rest easy so I'm not even thinking about "tanking."

Virginia's defense would be an absolute nightmare. It would be Arizona part II in terms of how we looked on offense.

I don't want to be in the 8/9 game... ever.

But that won't stop me from bitching and trying to find some rationale for anyone to put Stanford 2 seeds ahead of CU this year. CU has a slightly better record against a more difficult schedule. They're in, but they don't deserve to be 2 lines above the Buffs.

But that won't stop me from bitching and trying to find some rationale for anyone to put Stanford 2 seeds ahead of CU this year. CU has a slightly better record against a more difficult schedule. They're in, but they don't deserve to be 2 lines above the Buffs.
Being in that beats not being in the Tourney, I think I'll wait for that "problem" for another day.

I think it's insanity anyone would prefer playing a Florida or Duke instead of Wichita.

Insanity? Don't forget the madness part of March Madness. George Mason, Gulf Coast, Boston College over Syracuse? Things get weird. I say bring on a big time program because...

a. it's a huge story if we get the upset
b. how fun would it be to take down a legend/villain/doosh like coach K or Boehiem
c. no shame in losing to a program like that

From CBS, agree were not a lock but "in for now."

The Buffaloes have wins over Kansas, Oregon and Harvard, all of which came at home, and all of which came before the season ending injury to star Spencer Dinwiddie. In fact, all of the Buffs top 100 wins have come at home. A big road win could knock them off this page. They did get a big home win against Arizona State, their first over a likely tourney team since the injury, but Arizona blew their doors off in their next game.

Insanity? Don't forget the madness part of March Madness. George Mason, Gulf Coast, Boston College over Syracuse? Things get weird. I say bring on a big time program because...

b. how fun would it be to take down a legend/villain/doosh like coach K or Boehiem
Of course it's bigger when that happens and with a one-and-done tourney at a neutral site, it's going to favor the underdog because it's hard to win a best of 7 on the road. One game, anything can happen after all, doesn't usually though.

First off, I think with your specific example of BC over Cuse, I think that be less like in the Tourney because they would've been better prepared. Cuse doesn't exactly lose much with that single game, they were still the #1 overall seed afterwards, consequences a lot more drastic when you have to win to survive.

I'd argue beating an undefeated Wichita would be the biggest story of all, deserved or not.

Compare the Buffs with Iowa. CU has a better record, is better against the top 50 and top 100, and has the better marquee win. But Iowa is in the Top 20 and Lunardi has them as a 6 seed.

Compare the Buffs with Iowa. CU has a better record, is better against the top 50 and top 100, and has the better marquee win. But Iowa is in the Top 20 and Lunardi has them as a 6 seed.

Don't get me started on Iowa.

Hawkeyes are the 2013-14 champions at horseshoes and grenades. That seems to be impressing a lot of folks.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/dick-vitale-undergoes-annual-bracketological-exami,35381/

SARASOTA, FL—Emphasizing the importance of having a healthy 68-team field, college basketball analyst Dick Vitale confirmed Tuesday that he underwent his annual bracketological exam at Sarasota Memorial Hospital. “It’s obviously not the most pleasant experience, but you gotta have a bracketological checkup at least once a year just to make sure everything is okay—give me that peace of mind any day of the week, baby!” Vitale said of the invasive 20-minute screening, which entailed a deep and thorough probing of all four of his regional brackets, as well as detailed measurements of both his RPI and SOS levels. “I had a little scare when I noticed I had the University of Richmond coming out of the A10, but the doctor told me it’s nothing to be worried about. Still, better to catch anything like that before the first round rather than wait until it’s too late and wake up to a busted bracket. Love that preventative care! Love it!” After inspecting his at-large bids for abnormally high seeds, Vitale’s bracketologist reportedly warned the 74-year-old to diligently check his tournament bubble every day for any large and prominent upsets

Don't get me started on Iowa.

Hawkeyes are the 2013-14 champions at horseshoes and grenades. That seems to be impressing a lot of folks.

Iowa is going down at Indiana. Despite their RPI now set to fall to near 40 with a loss, maybe ESPN and crew can bump Iowa to a 4 seed.

What a huge break for the Ducks. Kyle Anderson and Jordan Adams suspended for tonight's game. That's about 32 points, 14 boards, 9 assists and 5 steals that need to be replaced.

Speaking of ESPN, have you seen how much respect their absurdly shortsighted BPI gives the SEC?

I actually try to avoid BPI. Last year was all I needed to see. It's not even how ****ty BPI is as a metric that turns me away, it's how forceful ESPN is in their determination to undercut RPI and have BPI take center stage.

I actually try to avoid BPI. Last year was all I needed to see. It's not even how ****ty BPI is as a metric that turns me away, it's how forceful ESPN is in their determination to undercut RPI and have BPI take center stage.
I rember Rece Davis last week saying, "look at that BPI number, that's the one you want to look at". They were talking with Lunardi tonight about Oregon, and he was asked, "do you like the BPI", and he went, "ummm" then the other guy interrupted him.

I rember Rece Davis last week saying, "look at that BPI number, that's the one you want to look at". They were talking with Lunardi tonight about Oregon, and he was asked, "do you like the BPI", and he went, "ummm" then the other guy interrupted him.

Rece Davis is such a company shill. It's why there was some pressure a couple years ago within ESPN to try to replace Chris Fowler with him on College Football Gameday. I'm very doubtful that Davis could tell you why he likes BPI or why it's different than RPI.

Rece Davis is such a company shill. It's why there was some pressure a couple years ago within ESPN to try to replace Chris Fowler with him on College Football Gameday. I'm very doubtful that Davis could tell you why he likes BPI or why it's different than RPI.
I don't remember there being this "pressure." It's been reported however that Fowler wants to be the top pbp person. I really like him on GameDay. If/when Fowler leaves, I'm pretty sure Rece will take over. I agree with you he's a "company guy," it's a bit annoying, but he's been rewarded for his contributions so he probably thinks it is worth it.

I don't remember there being this "pressure." It's been reported however that Fowler wants to be the top pbp person. I really like him on GameDay. If/when Fowler leaves, I'm pretty sure Rece will take over. I agree with you he's a "company guy," it's a bit annoying, but he's been rewarded for his contributions so he probably thinks it is worth it.

pbp?

I remember that pressure. And it still exists. Richard Deitsch had an item on it in his weekly media column a few weeks ago.

Did you know that is how he got his job at ESPN in the first place. He was finishing up as a student at CU and sent in tape of himself calling games over like VCR taped events. I know there is more to the story, just don't remember much of the details from the conversation

Anyone see Nropp's updated bracket? Yikes. Usually I agree with him and his articles but wowzer...

http://nropp.com/project68.html

My issues:
-Iowa is a 5 seed :)rofl:)
-Oregon is a 8 seed
-SMU is a 7 seed (two bad losses with three good wins combined with a weak OOC SOS)
-Kentucky is a 4 seed (UK continuing to live off of their reputation)
-ASU is a 9 seed
-Utah is in the "last four in"

Keep in mind this was just updated and man, that's just not a good bracket right now. We're listed on the "good bubble".

Last edited:
Back