What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel 2012-2013 version...

bapevu4u.jpg

I almost feel bad for Tennessee at this point.

President of Texas just gave Mack Brown the "You have our full support and you will be our coach next season (start getting your resume ready)" card tonight.

President of Texas just gave Mack Brown the "You have our full support and you will be our coach next season (start picking out your desk because you are going to be reassigned as the Ambassador of UT Football next year so you can't do anymore damage)" card tonight.

fify

President of Texas just gave Mack Brown the "You have our full support and you will be our coach next season (start getting your resume ready)" card tonight.

Really thought he would have been gone. It wasn't Dodds' confidence in his coaching ability that stayed his execution. It sounds like one big money donor and friend of Mac has been working out the details of a big donation to the school all fall.

Reset as of 12/7/2012

Jobs filled:

Arky-->Bielema
Kentucky--->Mark Stoops
Idaho--->Paul Petrino
Purdue---->Darelll Hazell
NCST---->Dave Doeren
BC---->Steve Adazzio
Auburn---->Gus Malzahn
Tennessee----->Butch Jones
Cal------>Sonny Dykes

Jobs open:

COLORADO (Oh Lord how much longer?)
UTEP ???who cares
W.Michigan see UTEP
FIU see UTEP, W. Mich
USF (Zook Petrino)

The Oh ****, we just lost our coach secondary market:

NIU---->Their OC, whoever that is
Temple
Kent St.
Wisconsin
Arky St.
Cincy
La. Tech

One would think CU is the 2d most attractive option on the carousel now...

While I think Deruyter or MacIntyre make sense with previous HC experience in western programs that were once bad and rebuilt, I think we should at least consider the following:

Pat Fitzgerald (NW HC) or Mick McCall (NW OC), both with CU ties
Noel Mazzone
Ron Zook
Justin Wilcox with Stitt

Also, pretty strong rumors that Chip Kelly is all but gone for an NFL gig and Helfrich will take over for him

Also, pretty strong rumors that Chip Kelly is all but gone for an NFL gig and Helfrich will take over for him

Never understood why CFB HC's would loeave to go pro when they are at the top of the heap in CFB. Maybe it's the dough, the prestige or the challenge. If I could coach in Eugene, make $2MM plus and be the toast of the town every fall, I'd be pretty happy.

Never understood why CFB HC's would loeave to go pro when they are at the top of the heap in CFB. Maybe it's the dough, the prestige or the challenge. If I could coach in Eugene, make $2MM plus and be the toast of the town every fall, I'd be pretty happy.

There is risk in staying. Inevitably at some point your success will dwindle, your star dims and you never get another good college job. If you jump for the NFL, you can succeed or fall flat on your face. If you fall flat on your face, no one ever holds it against you for college jobs. He would have his pick of the best college jobs.

There is an argument that you have got to keep moving in college football or you get old and stale like Mack Brown.

:woot:

now, if Helfrich kicks ass at Oregon, I'm gonna be so pissed.

Certainly inheriting a well-oiled machine, but I would be shocked if he had long-term success. The guy just does not seem like HC material to me.

chip is at 3.5 mil..job for life if he wants it... uo might be the team that gets the boise guy

There is risk in staying. Inevitably at some point your success will dwindle, your star dims and you never get another good college job. If you jump for the NFL, you can succeed or fall flat on your face. If you fall flat on your face, no one ever holds it against you for college jobs. He would have his pick of the best college jobs.

There is an argument that you have got to keep moving in college football or you get old and stale like Mack Brown.

Mack Brown has been at UT what ten years, pulling in a low of what $2MM a year to $5mm a year now. I would be fine being old and stale and stinking rich when I was fired. You may feel differently.

Mack Brown has been at UT what ten years, pulling in a low of what $2MM a year to $5mm a year now. I would be fine being old and stale and stinking rich when I was fired. You may feel differently.

Actually Mack has been in Austin for 15 seasons, My wife is an Alum so I am Horn whipped to no end. Mack as a game day coach is a ZERO, they don't call him Coach February for nothing. The DC and the OC do the coaching, and thats why they have top 5 talent and play like Texas Tech, about time for Mack to clean house again, hey Chizik could come back as DC.,...... who cares, am sick of them, just dont tell my wife I said that

Actually Mack has been in Austin for 15 seasons, My wife is an Alum so I am Horn whipped to no end. Mack as a game day coach is a ZERO, they don't call him Coach February for nothing. The DC and the OC do the coaching, and thats why they have top 5 talent and play like Texas Tech, about time for Mack to clean house again, hey Chizik could come back as DC.,...... who cares, am sick of them, just dont tell my wife I said that

Mack is living proof that if you can recruit, you can be successful in CFB without being able to coach a lick...

Things continue to move:

Jobs filled:

Arky-->Bielema
Kentucky--->Mark Stoops
Idaho--->Paul Petrino
Purdue---->Darelll Hazell
NCST---->Dave Doeren
BC---->Steve Adazzio
Auburn---->Gus Malzahn
Tennessee----->Butch Jones
Cal------>Sonny Dykes
USF----->Willie Taggart [Props to Hank for the info]
Cincinnati------->Tommy Tuberville

Jobs open:

COLORADO (Oh Lord how much longer?)
UTEP ???who cares
W.Michigan see UTEP
FIU see UTEP, W. Mich

The Oh ****, we just lost our coach secondary market:

NIU---->Their OC, whoever that is
Temple
Kent St.
Wisconsin
Arky St.
La. Tech
W. Kentucky
Texas Tech
One would think CU is the 2d most attractive option on the carousel now...Bohn where are we?

Last edited:
So - where are we at in the search? I have been gone for a couple of days and have only been able to read a little here and there... what is going on with our next possible hire? to many threads and not enough time to filter all of them.

Back