What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel...

Agree with you Sacky that Chow is over the hill but he still has a big name and it would be a blow to UCLA's program which Skippy deserves after how he screwed us over. Secretly, I'm hoping that they hire David Shaw and then Harbaough goes to either Michigan or an NFL gig leaving a big hole in the Stanford program and making it even easier to pick off some of their recruits.

Word is that Mangino is in Lincoln and will replace Watson. Pelini can't stand Watson.

Holy ****, pelini and mangino? That would be a ****ed up coaching staff. How long until pelini ripped a kids arm off and fed it to mangino?

Last edited:
Agree with you Sacky that Chow is over the hill but he still has a big name and it would be a blow to UCLA's program which Skippy deserves after how he screwed us over. Secretly, I'm hoping that they hire David Shaw and then Harbaough goes to either Michigan or an NFL gig leaving a big hole in the Stanford program and making it even easier to pick off some of their recruits.

Lots of speculation that Chow is getting fired, so I'm not so sure it would be a blow to UCLA's program. It's fun to think about, though. Slick fires Chow in what is sure to be a failed attempt to save face at UCLA and UT picks up UCLA's scraps for its next OC.

Holy ****, pelini and mangino? That would be a ****ed up costing staff. How long until pelini ripped a kids arm off and fed it to mangino?

LOL. Can you imagine Bo Peep and Mangino's tempers on the same sideline? The Mutt and Jeff of failed anger managemnt classes.....

Looks like more smoke regarding Shaw to UT as OC - word maybe coming down later in the week. All we need now is for Harbaugh to leave

Looks like more smoke regarding Shaw to UT as OC - word maybe coming down later in the week. All we need now is for Harbaugh to leave

The money would have to be absolutely ridiculous to get Shaw to leave Stanford for that opening or it's a lateral move. Though I'm sure they can afford whatever he's asking. I think he's in much better shape going against Pac-12 defenses next year and could get better job looks because of it.

The money would have to be absolutely ridiculous to get Shaw to leave Stanford for that opening or it's a lateral move. Though I'm sure they can afford whatever he's asking. I think he's in much better shape going against Pac-12 defenses next year and could get better job looks because of it.

Texas paid Muschamp over 900k If they really feel like Shaw is their guy money won't be an issue. They could easily pay him as much as Harbaugh is getting paid now at Stanford without batting an eye. I think the Offensive Coordinator at Texas is an upgrade from Stanford even though its the same job and I think it would actually help his chances of getting a HC gig in the future because he will have both Texas and California recruiting connections and have the OC at a big dog university on his resume. Right now people might think its all Harbaugh at Stanford and this could be a way to get out of his shadow.

Where is Watson going?? Fired? Or moved on to another job?

Imagine if, with Malzahn backing out of Vandy, that Watson gets another look at it (especially if James Franklin is tired of dealing with the back-and-forth and chooses to just securely stay at Maryland). Then you have Shortbus... at Vanderbilt... 1-11. Calling it.

Harbaugh is being mentioned here in the Bay Area as a potential replacement for Mike Singletary who needs to win the Super Bowl to keep his job.

Imagine if, with Malzahn backing out of Vandy, that Watson gets another look at it (especially if James Franklin is tired of dealing with the back-and-forth and chooses to just securely stay at Maryland). Then you have Shortbus... at Vanzderbilt... 1-11. Calling it.

How the hell is he going to win one game?

LOL. Can you imagine Bo Peep and Mangino's tempers on the same sideline? The Mutt and Jeff of failed anger managemnt classes.....

The Pelinigini Coaching Philosophy: "Because sometimes you need to skull-**** a few kids to be a Winner".[FONT=&quot]™[/FONT]

I get the feeling that Norm Chow's best days are behind him. He didn't do much at UCLA.

I think you are probably right about Chow's best days being behind him but at the same time I can see him working for Slick Rick as a strange and tough combination. Neu pictures himself as an offensive genius. Chow has been best when he was in complete charge of the offense, I just can't see that being the situation working with Neuheisal at UCLA. Chow may have one more good stretch in front of him. At the same time I don't know that he would get the kind of control at UT that he wants either. It may just be one last big fat paycheck before he retires.

I don't know how Mike Haywood isn't being targeted for these jobs. He just won the MAC tonight with Miami (OH). Unbelievable 2 year turnaround of that program. And the guy has an incredible resume as an assistant coach at big boy programs, too.

Looks like Haywood gets his big boy shot at Pitt.

i'm surprised Holgerson went so far out of his "region" of notoriety (the southwest: Houston, OK State)....but, with TCU in the Big East he's back in play in north Texas a bit as far as recruiting. Hard to know where WVU ranks on the job list. RichRod has been a bust at UM, Stewart sort of tread water at about 7-8 wins for three years...but they seem to get good athletes and "get them in school" (a la Noel Devine).

i'm surprised Holgerson went so far out of his "region" of notoriety (the southwest: Houston, OK State)....but, with TCU in the Big East he's back in play in north Texas a bit as far as recruiting. Hard to know where WVU ranks on the job list. RichRod has been a bust at UM, Stewart sort of tread water at about 7-8 wins for three years...but they seem to get good athletes and "get them in school" (a la Noel Devine).

Remember Major Harris? I saw the vid of him signing his LOI. It must have taken him 45 seconds to write his name and the look on his face was like they had handed him a differential calculus problem to solve, instead of asking him to sign the LOI.

Stewart won nine games all three years. Not great, I guess, in the Big East, but not enough to be fired, IMO.

Stewart won nine games all three years. Not great, I guess, in the Big East, but not enough to be fired, IMO.

yeah, I guess the two Big East powers (Pitt and WVU) feel they should be 12-0 and 11-1 every year and won't settle for anything less. Looking at their conference the past couple of years, they are probably right to think that. But it might go bad for them just as easily, especially with TCU going into that league in 2012, or maybe that pressure played into it too?

Louisville could be the team to benefit from the coaching turnover at those two schools. Charlie Strong did a solid job with what he hard to work with and now he has another year to bring in his own players.

Back