What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching carousel....

Haven't read the whole thread but I wanted to ask, is anyone interested in stealing EB away from us?
I know it's not likely given our record but he has ties to some of the programs looking for new HCs and he does now have Coordinator on his resume.

Haven't read the whole thread but I wanted to ask, is anyone interested in stealing EB away from us?
I know it's not likely given our record but he has ties to some of the programs looking for new HCs and he does now have Coordinator on his resume.

If EB is leaving, it'll be a surprise to Embree. From the Daily Camera:
Embree said he expects all of his assistant coaches to return in 2012.

If CU manages to turn things around, and wins a conference title, EB will be on everybody's list. Until then, he's an OC at a school that only won three games this year and averaged something like 14 points per game.

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

re UCLA going after Petersen:
@Matt_HayesSN Matt Hayes

You want a Boise guy? Dan Hawkins. Dude was in bad situation at CU. Hasn't forgotten how to coach. He set up Pete for success there.

:lol::wtf::lol::lol:

@Matt_HayesSN Matt Hayes

You want a Boise guy? Dan Hawkins. Dude was in bad situation at CU. Hasn't forgotten how to coach. He set up Pete for success there.

Thanks for sharing, beltway.

Hopefully UCLA will listen. Nail meet hammer. There is no better hire UCLA could make than Dan Hawkins.

I wonder if SportsNation immediately fired Matt Hayes for that comment the second it was made? What an idot.

Wazzu makes it 4 in the Pac. Amazing. Quote from Nuweazel today sums it up:

"I think every program across the country has to make a determination as to what their expectation level is and then finance that expectation level, and in some places those numbers don't jibe," Neuheisel said.

"I think every program across the country has to make a determination as to what their expectation level is and then finance that expectation level, and in some places those numbers don't jibe," Neuheisel said.

Never thought I'd see the day where I thought Wazzu firing Wulff was foolish, but that day is evidently here. I do not remotely understand why they fire the man once he finally made drastic progress with the program in terms of W/L's and overall competitiveness. Should have just dumped him a year or two ago when Wazzu was losing every game by 50 (and in many cases, more than that...). All the press has Wazzu making a major push for Leach. You'd think Bellotti would be in the picture given his ties to AD Bill Moos, but he has stated he isn't interested in getting back into coaching.

Yet again, I'll state that Mike Leach really doesn't concern me. His time in Lubbock was a whole bunch of 7-5 seasons using the Sam Houston, Southeast Louisiana, New Mexico State OOC + 3-5 or 4-4 conference record routine. He wouldn't exactly be taking Wazzu to any Rose Bowls, or even getting remotely close. I could deal with Wazzu being a consistent 4-6 win team.

Last edited:
Never thought I'd see the day where I thought Wazzu firing Wulff was foolish, but that day is evidently here.

I agree. And I'd even go further. I even think the firing of Erickson and Little Stoops was somewhat dubious. All these guys and even the Weasel understandably got canned because they didn't meet expectations, but is that because they were incompetent coaches or were expectations overblown? Or did the ever present random variance factor come up snake eyes this year?

Put it another way - we'll have four new HCs in the conference next year. How many of them will put up better records in 2012 than they did this year? I'm betting on one or two.

I agree. And I'd even go further. I even think the firing of Erickson and Little Stoops was somewhat dubious. All these guys and even the Weasel understandably got canned because they didn't meet expectations, but is that because they were incompetent coaches or were expectations overblown? Or did the ever present random variance factor come up snake eyes this year?

Put it another way - we'll have four new HCs in the conference next year. How many of them will put up better records in 2012 than they did this year? I'm betting on one or two.

I think it's a reaction to the new media money. The stakes got a lot higher. Patience is dead.

I hope that CU commits to staying on a path of building the right foundations for sustained success rather than wasting money on the chase.

On topic with Wazzu, I think this move can work for them if they get Leach. Not because I think Leach is all that great, but because he runs a very similar system to Wulff and does it better. It's not a system turnover and that's a program that needs continuity of system because it can't reload and turn over a roster with talent that fits.

Also, if Oregon State decides to replace Riley (which I think would be a mistake), the guy I think they should target is Ken Niumatalolo of Navy. Not only does that program need the Poly ties to succeed, but running option would be a great way for them to compete. It would also be very cool to have that much diversity of offenses in the conference for teams to prepare for. As a fan, I'd love to see that.

Did Skippy just call UCLA a have not? :lol: :lol:

^^^Yes, apparently Tricky can only win at a place that has every competitive advantage over it's opponents....

Kirby Wilson a candidate at Ill...

Kirby Smart a candidate at Ole Miss...

Last edited:
Martz? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Re: Rich Rod - was very close between Arizona and Tulane, Arizona promised him to schedule Michigan within the next 3 seasons

Fedora, Calhoun and Franklin all in the mix for UNC...

Aggie, being Aggie, may fire Mike Sherman...

Fedora, Calhoun and Franklin all in the mix for UNC...

Aggie, being Aggie, may fire Mike Sherman...

Aggie is going to need some BMA (Big Money Aggies) to fire Sherman. He's got 4 years @ $2.2M left. That's a big matza ball...

Oh, and if you thought A&M was too big to have the money troubles that CU had with Hawk, they still have an exit fee to pay to the Big 12, and a $16M loan from the University. Good luck with all that. Sherman will be coaching the Ags in 2012.

Back