What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado at UCLA - GAME THREAD

This team has very little talent, very little heart, and a questionable coaching staff. These blowouts and embarrassing performances are becoming the norm, not the outlier.

I'm tired of coaches learning on the job here at CU. I know the talent level isn't exactly where we want it to be, but man. It would be nice to compete once and awhile. More than twice a year would be appreciated.

...I know. I'm venting. I love Embo, but man....

I'm tired of coaches learning on the job here at CU. I know the talent level isn't exactly where we want it to be, but man. It would be nice to compete once and awhile. More than twice a year would be appreciated.

...I know. I'm venting. I love Embo, but man....

You get what you pay for. He makes about as much as Steve Fairchild

I wish this team would show some damn guts on the road. Just once. Play like you mean it. We're soft. We're slow. We don't care. They just want to get on the plane and come home. This is a major reclamation job. My God, we're terrible.

Where are the effing slants to p-rich? He's been a decoy since he returned.

PISS POOR effort by this team tonight, knew they'd lose on the road but this is ugly.

I wish this team would show some damn guts on the road. Just once. Play like you mean it. We're soft. We're slow. We don't care. They just want to get on the plane and come home. This is a major reclamation job. My God, we're terrible.

Major.

Not often that you see a team that is both slower and smaller than the teams it faces.

Only good thing about tonight. Any recruits who are there are seeing a typical UCLA crowd, I know it's a huge stadium but it looks empty and the crowd is dead.

For a team winning big and competing for a division title it's just dead.

The other thing is any recruits have to be looking and thinking that they can start pretty close to right away for the Buffs.

haha, good one. It is frustrating and we have no idea what this new staff will bring. I watch the coaching staff and all they do is scream at this team. They have never, I mean NEVER been screamed at once by the last staff. This team has been told (Juniors and Seniors) that its ok to mess up, by the last staff

As a coach you need to find a way to tell a kid he did something wrong. Our current coaching staff tells them they ****ed up. Our last coaching staff ignored it. I don't care what you do, but at least let them know they messed up.

Last edited:
Sadly, even if we ran the slant like we should, Tyler wouldn't be able to hit it. He's been horrible. Way to step up your game Tyler after guaranteeing victory.

True. I think he deferred a significant portion to help get Scooter here, but that still probably wouldn't have mattered.

I don't know about what kind of people were serious candidates for the job last year, but I thought we could've made a run at Hoke. I believe we hired Embree before the UM job opened up, but maybe he would've held out for it. I don't know. I heard another crazy rumor Al Golden was interested back when Bohn got cockblocked by DiStephano and Benson. I'd like to think we'd be a little better off. Who knows.

It's always easy to look back on these things. I guess Bohn and Embree are the best this school can do. Sigh........

Only good thing about tonight. Any recruits who are there are seeing a typical UCLA crowd, I know it's a huge stadium but it looks empty and the crowd is dead.

For a team winning big and competing for a division title it's just dead.

The other thing is any recruits have to be looking and thinking that they can start pretty close to right away for the Buffs.

Looking at recruiting, they must not care about playing time...

PISS POOR effort by this team tonight, knew they'd lose on the road but this is ugly.
Richardson is still hurt and suffered a concussion last week.

Wow. This is just a failure on all levels in all phases of the game. So glad all of our alums out in SoCal paid for tickets to watch this abortion. Freaking terrible, and there is really no excuse. UCLA is not a good team and we're making them look like a top ten squad. Just awful.

True. I think he deferred a significant portion to help get Scooter here, but that still probably wouldn't have mattered.

I don't know about what kind of people were serious candidates for the job last year, but I thought we could've made a run at Hoke. I believe we hired Embree before the UM job opened up, but maybe he would've held out for it. I don't know. I heard another crazy rumor Al Golden was interested back when Bohn got cockblocked by DiStephano and Benson. I'd like to think we'd be a little better off. Who knows.

It's always easy to look back on these things. I guess Bohn and Embree are the best this school can do. Sigh........

So embree gets 1 year but hawk gets 5? Creaweenie is going to be all over you...

I wanna see what the young kids can do. Most seniors don't deserve to play anymore with the effort some of them have given.

So embree gets 1 year but hawk gets 5? Creaweenie is going to be all over you...

:lol: I was never really that high on his hire in the first place. Still, I don't think they should toss him to the side after one year. If we're under performing like this next year.......sigh.....

These announcers love Speedy. It's nice for him to get some attention even though the team looks like sh*t.

Back