Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by SerenityBuff, Aug 27, 2016.
Things that stuck out: Kronshage at RT. Sounds like he's had the best camp. Adkins 4th. He'll have to prove he can stay healthy. Gamboa and Gillam as Co-starters.
Matthewes at NT??
Eddy Lopez nowhere to be found
Jase Franke to DE
Julmisse to CB
250 lb Matthews as #2 NT?
How did I miss Awini being out for the season? When was that announced?
The defensive depth is spotty. Next year might be rough.
Gotta believe that Carrell slides to NT in a real game when Tupou is out.
WTF on Gillam listed as co, but behind Gamboa?
He's injured, not out for the year. Out for the year guys have the black dot next to their names.
They like Olugbode a lot more than you do
RB is small, smaller, smallest.
Olugbode is going to start for MacIntyre no matter what, ahead of Butkus if he was on the team. But Gillam not ahead of Gamboa is the surprise to me.
They don't really have a choice due to poor recruiting.
Franke also passed Leo Jackson, who played a ton last year. Good sign
Also, Montez co-no 2 with Gehrke
Lewis ahead of Severson is interesting and a good sign
All in all, much fewer "OR"s than in previous depth charts.
He's not- that got me too. the little "dot" indicates "out for the season". There's not one beside Awini's name. Headley, Sanchez, and Winfree are the only guys out for the season.
Absolutely. Drew Lewis should be able to play at this level, too, though.
Not sure why there is any surprise on Lopez. Surprised the name Tonz shows up.
NT next year: yikes.
The whole DL next year: yikes.
The OL is going to get much better via graduation this year. Happy to see Lynott win a starting nod. Be interested to see how much work Haigler gets this year.
I wonder if Leo Jackson is in the doghouse? Going from 1st to 3rd is a big move.
I wonder how many Pac12 schools have a backup punter/kicker on scholarship.
Umu, Franke, Jackson starting 3 next year?
Losing those 2 JUCO DTs to Iowa friggin St hurts.
People are worried about next year's DL already? We'll have Elliss and Rogers starting there.
AM said that NT listing is not accurate.
The things that stand out to me:
1. Julmisse not listed on offense.
2. Huntley has moved up to 2nd team.
3. Rakestraw made the depth chart and is in the slot (may not redshirt).
4. Kronshage the starting RT.
5. Lisella listed as an OT.
6. Stil no decision on QB2 between Montez & Gehrke.
6. Mathewes listed at NT (this makes no sense to me).
7. Kafovalu taking a spot with the 1s at DEs.
8. Jackson listed 3rd at DE (starter on previous depth chart).
9. No Lopez or Tuiloma listed at NT.
10. Gamboa and Gillam listed as co-starters at Mike ILB.
11. Julmisse the backup CB to Chido.
12. Spoon and Oliver co-starters at the other CB. (11 & 12 mean that if we're in nickel, Chido is at NB, Spoon & Oliver start, and Julmisse is next up).
13. J-Mac won the punt return job.
14. Evans the PR2, which means he must have very good hands out of the backfield.
15. Lindsay as KR1 with Julmisse at KR2. (That makes it likely that Lee is the RB to start any series that happens after a decent return.)
16. Awini and Miller out for the opener with injuries.
Could also be something else since this is only the early depth chart for CSU. Maybe he was limited in recent practices with a minor injury or the flu or something. You never know and we don't get detailed reporting on what is happening at practice.
Separate names with a comma.