What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

The 3 biggest RPI games in the non-conference for us heading into this year were:

Dayton (neutral court)
CSU (home)
Wyoming (away)

One down, two to go.

Baylor and KU are huge opportunities, but they weren't RPI must-wins. Neutral and road losses to those teams won't hurt our chances. But, man, those would be the types of wins that would pretty much guarantee the Dance if we win the rest of the games that we should.

a win over Kansas would be much bigger than Baylor in terms of RPI, but I wouldn't complain about either.

a win over Kansas would be much bigger than Baylor in terms of RPI, but I wouldn't complain about either.

Because of the road vs neutral thing, yes. But I expect that they'll finish close to each other in the final RPI ranks.

listening to game on XM radio- Baylor radio network saying BC has exposed the Bears defense.. they are not happy

Scares me though. Baylor was "exposed" the game before us in the tourney last year and still beat us. We're better, they're not as good, but it still won't be easy.

That said, losing to Baylor RPI-wise might be better than beating BC.

Scares me though. Baylor was "exposed" the game before us in the tourney last year and still beat us. We're better, they're not as good, but it still won't be easy.

That said, losing to Baylor RPI-wise might be better than beating BC.

Probably. Although that sucks. Type of thing that's hard to pull for. If it happens, it happens. That said, BC isn't going to finish last in the ACC. In a weak ACC, this BC team could land in the middle tier IMO.

Edit: Glad we played our game first. Every bit of rest helps in these tournaments.

Last edited:
We need Dinwiddie to be more aggressive then he was today for sure, to have a shot. Pierre Jackson's probably the best player in the Big XII, so that's a real tough matchup for us. We gave Dayton some open looks (especially in the first half), that if we give to Heslip he's going to kill us. They're a good team for sure. Might even win the Big XII this year.

But there's a good chance that Isaiah Austin doesn't play on a back to back... so maybe that helps us out. If not, it's a big RPI boost anyways playing what probably ends up being a top 10-15 team

If that little sh*t tries that baseline pick against us, we need to send simba in there and put a freaking elbow in his ear. No more of that crap.

Tad had a great game plan against Baylor in the tournament last year. He absolutely shut down the Q's and Jones III down low. Heslip got hot and there really isn't anything you can do about that. It was still an incredibly well coached game. I expect more of the same.

And **** Baylor!

Just a reminder from the Dance:

Baylor 80 Colorado 63

CU: 23/51 from the field (45.1%) including 5/15 from three (33.3%). 12/18 from the charity stripe (66.7%). We were out-rebounded 34-27.

Certainly many pieces gone from those teams, though. We've closed the talent gap considerably. That little **** Heslip isn't going 9/12 from 3 for 27 points on us.

Just a reminder from the Dance:

Baylor 80 Colorado 63

CU: 23/51 from the field (45.1%) including 5/15 from three (33.3%). 12/18 from the charity stripe (66.7%). We were out-rebounded 34-27.

Certainly many pieces gone from those teams, though. We've closed the talent gap considerably. That little **** Heslip isn't going 9/12 from 3 for 27 points on us.

I hope Chen comes ready to play some serious defense and shuts that dude out tomorrow

St. John's/College of Charleston underway, with Murray State/Auburn tonight. Keep an eye on these. I know all focus is on Baylor right now (rightly so), but we'll be playing one of these four teams in 48 hours.

I loved how Boyle in his post game said he wanted baylor to win and he wanted the challenge. Billups to.

So far, the Charleston tourney is going by the chalk. Murray State needs to close out this round by beating Auburn so we can be assured of a good opponent no matter what happens against Baylor and in the other bracket.

Oregon State is in a dogfight with Alabama. 16-15 Beavs with 12 minutes to go in the 1st (ESPN2).

So far, the Charleston tourney is going by the chalk. Murray State needs to close out this round by beating Auburn so we can be assured of a good opponent no matter what happens against Baylor and in the other bracket.

I'm intrigued to see how Murray State is this year. Should be good yet again (although not 31-2 again). They lost 3 starters, but should be quality and likely Big Dance caliber again (between Murray State and newcomer Belmont to win the Ohio Valley Conference). St. John's is solid, look to be quite improved from last season and will at least be on the bubble, IMO. Either one will be a great test/RPI boost for us.

Alabama pulling away from Oregon State. Not surprising, but Pac needs to seize some of these chances for decent OOC wins and with the exception of CU, it hasn't happened yet

Back