What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado vs Michigan 9/17

tyvvPAf.gif
me when I see a spider on the podium

Last edited:
After reading Rumblin's preview (Ben is da man)...I couldn't help but feel a bit unnerved with the monsters they have up front on special teams.

CU historically hasn't been a program to pull this kind of trickery, but with some of the fresh blood on the coaching staff, do you think we could pull off a timely fake FG or punt to counter their aggressiveness? Just not sure how you stop a couple of 6'6" charging dudes at the LOS on any longer field goal the kicker needs to drive a bit.

After reading Rumblin's preview (Ben is da man)...I couldn't help but feel a bit unnerved with the monsters they have up front on special teams.

CU historically hasn't been a program to pull this kind of trickery, but with some of the fresh blood on the coaching staff, do you think we could pull off a timely fake FG or punt to counter their aggressiveness? Just not sure how you stop a couple of 6'6" charging dudes at the LOS on any longer field goal the kicker needs to drive a bit.
You're worried about the monsters they have on Special Teams? I'm worried about the "monsters" they have on the offensive and defensive lines.

As far as special teams goes, Diego has enough leg to make a kick from any reasonable distance without having to adjust to some unusually low trajectory. I will go with you on this ST trickery theme, though. For an upset like this to happen, CU will have to play sound, fundamental football on both O and D (not miss tackles, not overthrow wide open receivers, no dropped passes, etc.), win or at least come out even on the turnover battle, and probably have some sort of big play on Special Teams. A blocked punt or FG that gets returned for a TD, a PR or KR for a TD, or a fake punt of FG that scores or leads to a score. STs will play a role for better or worse on Saturday.

Brown brings 5 or more on 57 percent of pass plays, Peppers 30% of that.

Can tempo negate? Can RBs pick up rushers? Will Frazier have to help? Can Sefo and Kelly adjust protection calls against NFL-like schemes?

CU pass rush has 3 sacks and 8 QBHs in two game.

Not a strength.

Trenches matter.

Brown brings 5 or more on 57 percent of pass plays, Peppers 30% of that.

Can tempo negate? Can RBs pick up rushers? Will Frazier have to help? Can Sefo and Kelly adjust protection calls against NFL-like schemes?

CU pass rush has 3 sacks and 8 QBHs in two game.

Not a strength.

Trenches matter.

We don't have many penetrators on our line, but we do have a very stoudt run defense that takes up space and won't be moved. Biggest question mark for me this game is our linebackers and how they react in space. What's going to happen when a Olugbode has to cover Butt. Is Gamboa's speed going to be enough to cover Michigans elite talent? I believe Leavitt has something up his sleeve, but knowing Harbaugh that could backfire on us. Our boys will be ready though, this team has fire.

You're worried about the monsters they have on Special Teams? I'm worried about the "monsters" they have on the offensive and defensive lines.

As far as special teams goes, Diego has enough leg to make a kick from any reasonable distance without having to adjust to some unusually low trajectory. I will go with you on this ST trickery theme, though. For an upset like this to happen, CU will have to play sound, fundamental football on both O and D (not miss tackles, not overthrow wide open receivers, no dropped passes, etc.), win or at least come out even on the turnover battle, and probably have some sort of big play on Special Teams. A blocked punt or FG that gets returned for a TD, a PR or KR for a TD, or a fake punt of FG that scores or leads to a score. STs will play a role for better or worse on Saturday.

The thing is, they're the same guys. Chris Wormley is a 6'6'', 300lb end who flies up the middle against FGs.

I'm more of a basketball guy, but I liken it to busting a zone defense/beating a better team with 3 pointers. What's our equivalent of having a few knock down 3 point shooters?

Also, for every part of me that doubts Lindsay as a big play back with the speed to get around the end against this D, I do trust him this year as a blocking back who will do whatever it takes to protect Sefo against a blitzing Peppers.

Anyone else concerned with the weather reports? Looking like light rain + lightning/thunder all day long...really want to play this game!

One weather forecast saying 80% chance of rain starting around noon - another saying the rain wont start till around 3ish.

Saturday
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 9am, then showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly between 9am and 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 77. Southwest wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Back